Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"Thank you Mr Stark." He hands over the chip. "Hopefully this won't result in Stark-1000s running around."

M'Att laughs, obviously intending that to be a joke. He'll trail off awkwardly if Stark gives him any kind of look that suggests he didn't find it funny, and still manage to sound awkward if Stark appreciates the joke.

"Agreed." M'Att responds telepathically, avoiding eye contact for all the good it does. "However, we were being treated like children, I felt we were in danger and needed to take action of some kind to give us some kind of leverage. I do not take what I did lightly.

"Sir."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by kirinke »

Helena

The girl looked at Winters. "Well?" she asked. "I am sorry for the disrespect, but I am very tired of being yanked around like this. It is rather like being in a very dark room and banging your shin against every low-lying, pointy object while hunting for a door that may or may not be there."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Yes, CJ can sense that Manhunter is conencting to M'att telepathically but his thoughts are shielded.

In the future, consider other avenues of approach first comes the response over the telepathic link.

Stark frowns as he is handed the chip and motions towards the desk. " Not fond of being handed things." Once the chip is put down, he grabs it and holds it over his watch - which immediately begins to scan it. " Hm...effective, if a bit brutish. Skynet lacks elegance, that much is certain."

While Stark continues to scan the chip, Winters looks at Helena. " No one was yanking you around. We gave you a very important task and, given the circumstances, you performed admirably. Well enough, in any case, that we might...consider...making you a part of the investigative efforts."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

CJ waits until Manhunter and M'Att seem to be finished before sending to M'Att. "How bad was it?"

She looks at Winters. "Consider making? Not consider asking? How about we find out what happened to the Xandarian? Was she always part of this or was she compromised after she got here? What happened to Halsey I assume is still being investigated. But we deserve to know everything you know about this up to this point."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"Keeping us uninformed is not keeping us safe." she told the adults firmly.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian

"Understood." M'Att says to the Manhunter. "However, as Helena is so vividly indicating, I didn't feel we had much choice.

"But again, understood."

M'Att actually didn't understand. Shapes were fluid. It was natural for him to change his form. And while he was aware that solid beings limited to one shape didn't like their forms being assumed, shapeshifters tended to be less ... firm on the subject.

"Rough." M'Att responds telepathically to CJ, "Y'know the whole 'don't use your mind magic on me' debacle back at the island? This feels... worse.

"But... thanks for asking."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"He was always kind to me," CJ sends to M'Att. "But I was like four the last time I saw him."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian

"He wasn't unkind." M'Att sends back "Just... not pleased. Which I think is worse."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
-o-O-o-

Ryou glanced at M'Att and CJ. For some reason, they've been having this strangely 'vocal silence' thing going on between them. Might've just been imagining things though.

He returned to watching Helena berate the adults. She was on a roll.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

Throughout her entirely justified rant, she had kept calm. It seemed to be working, so she went with it. "You need to bring us fully into the picture. Please. You are not doing us any good by keeping us in the dark."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

In response, the eyes of the Starfleet officer start to glow and when he speaks, it is with a deeper, reverberating voice.
" You are correct. It appears our policy of minimal exposure has been a failure. The Singularity Alliance has recently made contact with another species of artificial life-forms called the Vex. Highly sophisticated and intelligent, these lifeforms have attained the power to travel through time and even change fundamental cosmological constants, albeit in a limited manner, in their home universe.
Fortunately, time travel is currently a near-impossibility thanks to the space-time-warping nature of the Merge. The Vex did, however, put the Alliance on the trail of something else, something that could allow the machines to insert themselves into the still-healing space-time continuum and become not just the rulers of everything but a fundamental natural law, rendering themselves absolutely invincible. That something is in itself a machine but of a nature one could easily describe as divine: the Traveler."

//Anyone familiar with popular culture knows he's talking about the thing from Destiny 1&2.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
-o-O-o-

Well, his glowing eyes explained one thing at least. He's heard of them before, Goauld or something like that. Weren't they supposed to be evil? Maybe this one was different. He'd ask someone more knowledgeable about aliens later.

"That sounds pretty intense. There's not anything you expect us to be doing about it, is there?" Ryou asked. He also wanted to know what the Traveler was, but this seemed higher priority.

Ooc:I never got a response back on what he detected, but I'd assume he could discern two separate Ex-Dees in regards to the officer
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Sorry...yes, there are two, one inside the other.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

Her eyes narrowed. "So what does that have to do with our friends? Is it because they're resistant to the Reaper brain-washing, like the not-Halsey told us?" she asked and looked thoughtful. "It can't be the entire reason." She ventured.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" No", the officer says, looking at Stark, Martian Manhunter and Winters and getting nods from them.
" Apparently, the Traveller hid when it transferred during the Merge, sensing that its raw power and knowledge would be sought after and fought over because his technology could well rival that of the..." he pauses, the word not really coming easily to him..." New Gods. But it created a map...hidden in the genome of sentients all over the freshly Merged universe."