Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by kirinke »

Helena

The girl nodded soberly. "If your device can scan for terminators, could they also scan for specific species? There cannot be too many Xandarians on the planet, can there?" she asked hopefully. "Barring that, we could also try scrying."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Unless the Terminators have shielded their prisoners, it might be worth a try. And I would like to exhaust all technological means before we'll have to resort to magic", Stark says.
" Now", Martian Manhunter chimes in, " there is the problem of the Alliance knowing us quite well. If the Avengers or the Justice League show up at their doorstep, they will know their scheme has failed and increase their efforts. We would need a group that is capable but not that well-known..."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"One of the attackers from the street fight got away," CJ says. "So we aren't completely unknown to them. They might have some tactical details. Also, the Halsey replacement might have been transmitting information about us back to their home base." She visibly shutters at the mention of Halsey.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"At best, we might make a good distraction, but..." she shook her head. "As friend CJ noted, we're known to them and it's obvious that they're monitoring us as well, how else could they so easily replace the Xandarian girl without us be aware of it?"

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"She may have been replaced before she arrived on Earth," CJ says. "We don't really know."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"My father taught me, when in doubt, always plan for the worst case scenario and react accordingly." Helena replied.

Battle Init
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
HP: 0
-o-O-o-

It sounded increasingly like these people wanted them to do hero-work. Ryou should've expected this honestly.

A sigh left his lip, he knew that he had a responsibility to use his abilities for the right reasons, and this definitely qualified. "What would you have us do?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
Neo-Paladin wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:53 am " Now", Martian Manhunter chimes in, " there is the problem of the Alliance knowing us quite well. If the Avengers or the Justice League show up at their doorstep, they will know their scheme has failed and increase their efforts. We would need a group that is capable but not that well-known..."
M'Att gives Ryou a look that says "didn't I already say that?"
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
-o-O-o-

The boy shrugs in return. Adults are like that sometimes.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Given that our surveillance on Star Island is quite extensive", Winters chimes in after having been silent for minutes, " I doubt she was replaced during her short stay here. She probably was already a Terminator when our guests arrived here. However, we cannot be entirely sure. And there is the matter of Halsey."

Manhunter takes over and adds, " We have already talked and would like to ask you to scout out their supposed hideout. If you agree, that is."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"What intell do you have already have? Satellite imagery," CJ says. "I'm sure your groups can get accuracy down to the centimeter if you wanted to. Frequency of movement in and out of the base? That sort of thing."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"And you did not detect that she was a construct when I asked you to scan us for being possibly compromised." She noted. "Such a scan would have revealed artifical thought processes at the very least as well as the mechanical nature of the terminator."

"If you did it properly, then the replacement happened after. If not." She looked at the headmistress witheringly. "If not, your security is no such thing and needs a severe audit in any case. Not to mention, every member of the staff and student body should be examined. By real experts who know what they are doing." She said quietly, though it still managed to convey her complete outrage and fury at how badly bungled this situation was.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"She makes a good point," CJ says. She sends a quick message to M'Att, "Should I scan these four, including Dean Winter? Other telepaths can't seem to tell when I do a mind scan."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
kirinke wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:08 pm "And you did not detect that she was a construct when I asked you to scan us for being possibly compromised." She noted. "Such a scan would have revealed artifical thought processes at the very least as well as the mechanical nature of the terminator."
"If I had to guess, that scan is suspect as Mr Halsey was also compromised and acting to gain access to the emissaries. He could have suppressed any results that were contrary to his mission.

"In fact, it might be a good idea to sweep the building's security grid with an outside source to make sure its not still compromised."

He shrugged. If he was an alien being trying to usurp the security and compromise the actions of a group, he'd find a way to leave backdoors and multiple access points...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

The girl nodded. "Indeed as I said, you need to have a complete audit of your security right down to the nails and rivets." she said dryly. "As well as complete physical testing of everyone in the building and on the island at the very least by an outside party that hasn't been compromised." She looked thoughtful.

"The Von Meccans would be a good choice. They are in charge of the security and management of New Mechanisburg."

ooc
Yeah, Helena is still not very happy with the adults in the room.

Battle Init