Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Condition: "We were all vetted after the first attack on the island. And I really think about it, the incidents after I explained some of my abilities seemed disproportionate - I've note that there are other telepaths in the school and in our group. And yet, the reaction to me was... severe.

"I am not looking to rehash that situation - the point was made. It does not change the fact that I become an even more prime suspect or target."

The reason for his look at Ryou becomes a little more clear.

"Shapeshifter and telepath... that makes me either the best possible ally... or the worst possible enemy."

His annoyingly cheerful self clearly in his back pocket for now, M'Att rather soberly assesses the situation and himself.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by kirinke »

Helena

The girl hugged him (flying over to him if necessary). "If you remember, I was also one of the ones who had your back." she grinned at the alien boy. "I'd do it again in a heartbeat too."

"So barring that. The next step is to figure out if we're being bugged somehow." she looked sheepish. "Sorry for bringing up bad memories M'att."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
HP: 1
-o-O-o-

Ah, that. Ryou supposed that such a combination surely would make you seem like a suspicious person, wouldn't it? He knew the truth though, and if M'Att was willing to trust him with such a secret, then what reason did he have to not trust him right back? "If you're looking at us as spies or informants, I assure you that he's someone that has the heart of a hero. Really, more then someone who could read minds, you should be more worried about the mind that couldn't be read."

A pause.

"Not that I'm hiding anything nefarious either that is."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"If it's a bug or something like that you might not know. They can get really small or look like practically anything. Buttons for example." she said soberly. "Barring that, we could have somebody from their side scrying or remote viewing us somehow."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Halsey rubs his forehead. " Yes...the inclusion of 'magic' - excuse me, I am still reluctant to use the term - makes things much more difficult. Remote viewing, scrying...Have either of you been scanned for magical interference?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"From what I understand, they might not even need to watch us constantly." she offered "I'm no mage though, so I wouldn't know where to begin to look."

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"We don't have a mage among us," CJ says. "No idea if they used magic to look for tracking."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"Would it leave any traces big enough to detect?" she asked. "Like I said, I haven't a clue."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Condition: "Sorry, magic is outside my wheelhouse... I think that's how the expression goes..."

He ponders for a moment

"What people consider magic is often just a higher level of tech cloaked in ritual. But there are those that tap into truly arcane forces, sometimes benign and sometimes not."

Clearly brightened by the reactions of Helena and Ryou, M'Att returns to himself a little more. He has the beginnings of an idea...*

*OOC - one which I will elaborate on shortly...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Featherweight
HP: 0; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Anna leaned back against the wall, softly banging her head against the corner behind her. "We've been overthinking all of this, I bet. It isn't scrying or magic or spying mentalists. It isn't powers at all. It is simple devious politics. One of the races, societies, species, however you want to say it- somebody wants this whole experiment to fail, for whatever scheme they've got going, or maybe sheer jerk-itude. And they're well-placed, close enough that they have access to our guests' basic agenda- you know, enough to tell approximately where the group is scheduled to be, close enough to set somebody as a spotter- like that guy who was tailing us. It is somebody just close enough to the powers that be, from whatever group, think that they would have this information. You know, maybe a concerned uncle or a mid-level diplomat, or whatever, depending on which species it is." She glanced around at the others. "And we're just a bunch of meddling kids, we'd never figure this out- and since we are all powered, we would spend all our efforts looking for a power-based scheme, instead of political intrigue 101."

She slouched a bit in her corner. "So if that is it, we just need a basic mousetrap- feed a fake itinerary to one group at a time, see who bites.Or maybe I'm wrong- I am just a kid, after all. Or maybe I'M the agent, setting us all up..." She sighed and waved a hand casually around the group. "Next theory?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"It's as good a plan as any." she said. "Better than mine certainly." she chuckled."Aand, we were kinda vetted, remember? Nobody is an agent. Though being bugged is still on the table." she shook her head. "I'm outta ideas here."

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"It would be an even better plan if any of us were the ones who were making plans and arrangements," CJ said. "Remember, we didn't even know we were meeting Mr. Halsey when we arrived here. We were just accompanying our guests to the embassy."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Halsey looks at Anna. " You may be right. I would still prefer someone examining you magically, but you are still correct. With all the craziness out there, we should not throw the idea out the window that all of this is very mundane."
Drhorrok growls. " So...what now? We wait around until someone decides to try to kill us again? I say we take action! Any action!"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"We are taking action." she reminded Drhorrok. "Going in half-cocked isn't smart or sneaky smart. I don't want a repeat of earlier." she told the Klingon. "These guys are playing for keeps. Lethal keeps. So keeping you alive and healthy is our priority at the moment." she said. "Anna's plan is as good as any." she looked at Halsey.

"So do you have an idea of who the major groups are, so we can start setting up this Honey Trap?"

Battle Init
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
HP: 1
-o-O-o-

"Should we really be the ones doing this though?" Ryou felt he should ask outright. They were all still just kids after all, and they weren't even one of those teen superhero groups either, and definitely lacked the training that went into it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."