Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Bruised -2, Dazed
HP: 0

Kid Martian failed to transfer his mass in time and took a rather solid hit. Had he been standing, he likely would have staggered back, but afloat in the air he simply moved backwards before being able to reassert control of his position. Now was probably a good time for a witty line, but none came to him.

Instead, he let loose with "Martian Vision." A wave of concussive energy blasted from his eyes towards Rust Angel.

OOC; Array set to:
Martian Durability (per sheet) (13 PP)
Martian Vision: Perception Damage 7 (21 PP)
Flight 1, limited to hovering (1 PP)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
pathfinderq1

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Featherweight
HP: 0; LP: 0; Condition: Bruised (-1), Fatigued; Form= full phase

Anna stepped light away from Malady, once again diving down into the pavement. This time, though, she came up behind Stain, practically under his feet- and she paced back a step, just at the edge of his vision. If he wanted to keep an eye on her, he would have to look away from Mergebane- and if he kept his focus on the Japanese boy, he would know that Anna was behind him somewhere. "You know we don't have to beat you, or even lay a glove on you- our help is already coming. Take off now, while you can..."

>OOC:
Move to behind/under Stain, make another miserable failure of a Trip attempt in passing, 1d20+6= 9 vs. his Parry, roll https://orokos.com/roll/742205 . I'll just assume that fails. The speech is just flavor- don't have enough action for a full Deception attempt.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Rust Angel is hit and thrown backwards, some rusty metal flaking off of her newly-grown armor plates. " Damnit....Martians have way too many powers", she grumbles, her voice sounding more and more metallic.
-2 toughness.
Stain sidesteps the feeble attempt with ease. " Are you willing to take that chance? You all do not look too good right now..."
Malady is on the street still, near the wall. Mergebane's turn.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
HP: 1
-o-O-o-

The boy spares a glance behind him, long enough to see Helena getting herself up off the ground. "I'm pretty sure she's stronger then you take her for." He speaks, turning back and granting Stain his full focus. "All of us, in fact. As long as you continue to threaten our companions, we'll continue to push you back with everything we can. If you want to 'show mercy', then do it by leaving us alone."

When he launches himself forward again, his arms are up just a little bit higher, his guard improved and refined at the expense of raw attacking power. Yet there's skill behind his attack, visible perhaps to Stain for the first time as his motivation becomes clear. He twists himself during his attack, tucking a foot under Stain's leg and reaching for one of his arms in the same fluid motion.

Defensive Attack: 20, DC 21
Fast Grab: DC 14 to resist
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Featherweight
HP: 0; LP: 0; Condition: Bruised (-1), Fatigued; Form= full phase

Anna chuckled at Stain's attempt. "Come on, we're kids. OUR judgement is supposed to be terrible. YOU are supposed to be professionals- shouldn't you know when to cut your losses? Or do you REALLY want word on the street to get out that a bunch of kids handed you your (hats)- 'cause that is what people will say, no matter how we look after we're done."

"Now come on and wave to the Stark drones- you know this is going up on Youtube any minute now..." Anna finished with a cheery wave at something behind Stain's shoulder (if he looked, there was no actual drone there- just another distraction)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena Status: Badly hurt, unknown how much. HP 1, LP 1

The girl staggered to her feet and launched herself straight up, bursting into her light form as she did so. She struggled to manage her own inner light and unleashed it into carefully crafted, blazing words as large as she could create that read:

HELP!!! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK BY BAD GUYS WHO ARE HURTING OUR FRIENDS! ONE IS DYING. WE NEED MEDICAL AND HEROIC HELP! THESE ARE THE GUYS ATTACKING US WITH THE INTENT TO KIDNAP OUR FRIENDS! PLEASE HELP!

She wrote as she also helpfully listed who was attacking them.

HELP US!!! THIS ISN'T A JOKE!!!!

Considering how wonky and bad she was feeling, her grammar and repeating things could be forgiven.

ooc
Since I don't know what her damage status is, I'll go with this to move things along.
Cosmic Light Constructs: Create 7 (Volume: 125 cft., DC 17,continous duration precise)
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Bruised -2, Dazed
HP: 0

Hellllllllloooooooo Matthew ! M'Att chided himself mentally.

Shifting some of his focus on his considerable mental abilities, he calls out to the leaders of their group for help as well. Perhaps slightly (okay, vastly) more subtle than Helena, and possibly slightly redundant, it had the added benefit of carrying his mental signature with it that would hopefully add credence to the call.

(waiting for next turn to do this of course, at which point I believe the Daze lifts...)
Will shift to Mental Communication 3, Selective, Burst Area, limited to calling for help
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Malady is just about to start moving forward again when a repulsor blast from above slams into him and floors the metahuman mercenary.

" CEASE ALL ACTIVITIES, PLEASE! THIS IS THE IRON LEGION! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST! ANY ATTEMPT TO FLEE OR CONTINUE ANY AGGRESSION WILL BE MET WITH FORCE!"

From above, four humanoid drones very vaguely reminiscent of the Iron Man armor float down, repulsor blasters aimed...

" Oh, crap", Stain mutters and throws his hands up. Rust Angel tries to fly up, only to be struck by four blasts simultaneously and land on the ground again. Apparently, the drones are not joking...but fortunately, they do not employ lethal force.

The only one who manages to get away is Fendaryll, who suddenly just...disappears.

//Battle is over :) Everyone gets 2 PP :)
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

The girl sits in mid-air, letting the letters fade away and looks vastly relieved. "Hey, our friend got hit with some sort of poison!" she said pointing to the Klingon. "I haven't had the chance to even stabalize him because we were focused on defending our friends from these bad people!" she said pointing at the mercenaries.

She winced. "And sorry. Thank you for coming to our aid."

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Featherweight
HP: 0; LP: 0; Condition: Bruised (-1), Fatigued; Form= Full phase

Anna chuckled as she slipped her sunglasses back into place. She wagged one finger towards Stain. "Repeat after me, loser. Say 'I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for yo meddling kids'. No? Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to say it- in jail. Ha!"

She reached up, making sure the hood of her costume was in place- and only then did she give what passed for a friendly wave to the drone soldiers. While she WAS glad to see them, years of Sentinel attacks made her a bit suspicious of flying robot hunters. Then she stepped towards where Dhorrok was laid out- hopefully he wasn't in too bad shape...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

CJ appears walking toward the guests. "Are you okay?" She mentally sweeps the area to see if she can sense Fendaryll lingering in the area, not expecting to find him.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
-o-O-o-

The boy holds in his relief at the welcoming sight, and merely backs off from the surrendering man. He foes not, however, let up on the name. Not untill they're all in handcuffs at least.

"That took longer then I expected..." He mutters, whether that's towards the fight itself, the legion showing up, or something else entirely is never clarified.
------------
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Fendaryll seems to be gone, unfortunately. The three guests all seem to be fine. " I'm sorry", the asari girl says, blushing darkly blue. " I tried to focus my biotics...but...I got nervous and it...kind of fizzled out."

The drones land on the ground and proceed to cuff the mercs. One drone scans Dhorrok. " High blood pressure. Unknown biological agent present in his system. Neurological inflammation detected. Further analysis needed", the drone says.

Upon hearing that, Malady smirks, but Stain glares at him. " How sick are you, man? I am not working with you a-holes again. The kid's a teenager, you bastard! What did you do?"

Malady sighs and rolls his eyes. " Gave him meningitis, or something close to it." Stain looks at you and the drones. " He can undo it."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"I'm coming down, okay?" she called out and slowly drifted down in as non-threatening way as possible. She did not want to set these clanks off. "We lost the elf." she scowled. "He was attempting to kill us as well. Lucky for me, I can heal myself."
Last edited by kirinke on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
-o-O-o-

The longer he held onto he bane, the more he came to understand and recognize the feelings, the sensations that came with things that were merged. His instructor at the island told him that one day his knack for understanding this 'otherness' might get weaker over time, but right now, it still feels like it had room to grow. When he let Stain's power fall back into him, he stood still, paying attention to those pinpricks against his skin, memorizing the way they felt. It helped him understand.

With a shallow exhale of breath, he turned towards Helena as she drifted down. He recognized her now as well. Though his face showed little, relief laced his voice "All that matters is that you're safe, and that Dhorrok will be getting the help he needs." Glancing at the Asari, he hesitated as he considered what he could say. In the end, nothing came to mind. Ryou felt she wouldn't really appreciate his words either way, in the chance she still hadn't forgiven him for that first incident.
------------