The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

Post by Bladewind »

(Do you want to HP reroll that or you're good with it ?)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Great idea!
John pours himselves into his work.
reroll: 1d20+8+5 31

Much better!
The John Smith inside the church looks distracted for a moment. "I think we almost have it..." he says, enigmatic as to whom he refers.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl looks at the bodies dispassionately. "If you can stop the bomb, can you see if you can track them to wherever they upload their memories?" she asked. "They should not cheat Death."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy

"What just happened?" she asks, spending more time keeping calm and not paying attention to the side conversations.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

John inside the church is looking at the robot's menacingly blinking light, expectantly. "I presume you think your pants will contain the explosion somehow." he says with no trace of skepticism or amusement.

"We'll be able to get more info from that if it's intact though so I'm looking to disarm it. Might want to take it outside. My van is across the street. Might want to keep the pants-thing as an option just in case." John says.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"You're right. I hope between myself and the Clown... Pratfall right? Can contain it. If not, I may have to take us all into the Dreaming." at their quizzical looks, she explained.

"I can also create ice barriers. I do not know if they will be able to contain the blast by themselves. Hopefully between us, we will be able to do so."

The Cheshire Cat sighed mightily. "Put it in the Clown's pants. I do not want to be scattered all across the street."

"Quite." she said and nodded to the vampire. "My friend, if you would be so kind and dispose of that thing?" she asked politely.

"Cat, you are a voice in my head in the Real world." she noted.

"I am aware silly girl. You are also quite scatterable. If you scatter, I scatter." he shot back. "Even if part of you doesn't care one way or another, I do."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Smith is actually pretty sure that he was able to deactivate the device - the blinking slows and stops, with no Earth shattering kaboom.

Dent steps forward, about to comment about the bodies slumped on the floor of the church. However, even as he begins to speak, they disintegrate into dust, leaving virtually no trace of their existence other than the inert robot in Cat's hands.

The main door to the chapel opens, and a female voice carries across the hall. Its perhaps even familiar to some...

"Can I offer assistance? I overheard the word 'bomb' and then muffled explosions..."

You all take in the form, for a brief moment a silhouette in the light of the door. But then, the symbol on her chest is apparent. And finally, Samuel realizes that he's looking at the same young woman who was a part of his congregation mere minutes ago... save perhaps, that her hair was brown instead of the blond locks hanging to her shoulders now.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

The young vampire sighs as the droid seems to deactivate completely, every part of it. While she's never known anything to have actually hurt her very much or for very long, she didn't want to risk others getting hurt or killed in the ensuing blast. When the woman show's up through the door, she blinks at the sight, before it seems to click in her mind. Well, she guessed they were at a church dedicated to them, so it made sense. "Supergirl...?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Church Smith

Mild-mannered John Smith approaches Alice with the bomb first tentatively, then, as the light fades, with more confidence.

He gestures to the mostly-broken droid. "May I take that to my van? I have... friends waiting to examine it, maybe get answers. One of which is the tracking question you asked. Cops are on their way and I need to download its logs before turning it over to them as evidence." He holds out his hands in askance.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"Please, be my guest. If we do not figure out that, the chances of them bedeviling us again is quite high." she told him.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy

"What just happened?" She does seem bewildered.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

"It all kinda blew by so fast, I'm not too sure myself..." Eli admits.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

John takes the droid, his knees bowing under its weight. "Woo, heavy."

"As to what happened. Near as I can figure the Gladiatori..." he nods over to the piles of dust, "put themselves into temporary bodies and use this droid's transmission capabilities to back up their new memories every 30 seconds, and likely when some incapacitating condition happens as well. When they need to skeedadle or after a job is done they just detonate a bomb in the heads of their temp bodies and let them dissolve. It's probably a blend of the technologies from the shows 'The 100' with the replicant tech from 'Dark Matter'." John says in his 'teacher' voice.

"This kind of thing is expensive, especially for one-use so these people are well funded."

He starts heading toward the door, and their newest super arrival, with his load. "Ma'am." he'll greet her.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Supergirl, of course, hears John's explanation and glances to the dust piles. She makes no move to detain or slow John's progress, actually holding the door for him.

"Sounds like you've had quite the experience. Are you alright ?" You get the impression that she is assuming you all to be on the side of the angels, partly due to John's explanation and likely due to personal experience as well...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"Yes and no." she frowned. "They were using some sort of Cylon like tech. When they suicided and uploaded themselves, their physical bodies dusted." she looked at the dust piles in concern. "They were almost perfectly matched against us, which is disturbing in of itself." she shuddered, as memories of the bombs dropping on Caprica invaded her head from the echo that had been there. she scowled. "They wanted both Mr. Dent and my friend Amy on behalf of a Mr. Landsman, whomever that is." she looked at her fiery friend.

"I believe it is your best interest to avoid him. If he is capable of this, I do not think you would wish to be in his hands." she looked at Dent. "Either of you, really." she rocked back and forth. "They were willing to kill us to get what they wanted."
Last edited by kirinke on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init