The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

Post by Bladewind »

The officers approach Van Smith as he exits the van to intercept them, they start with the usual questions and aren't as lost as dispatch made them sound. They're used to metahuman activity, and appear relieved that they don't have to deal with the metahumans...

Inside Supergirl smiles at Samuel again and addresses the group. "I'd suggest you tell the authorities the truth - having just got here I don't actually know what that is. And as I said, if you want DXDO cover, I can probably get that for you. But I'll need some cooperation.

"What was it one of you said about being drawn here by some extradimensional force? Oddly, obvious connections aside, I've felt that too..."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Outside Smith

"Hello officers. Thank you for coming so quickly. Through that door is the House of El. That's where the altercation took place. Others are inside." John says pointing out the door. "How about you go inside and I'll meet you in there. I left something in my Van. Oh hey, Supergirl's inside." He gestures the officers onward excitedly.

Inside Smith

"Police are here." John announces and steps toward the back of the church looking for a back way out.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"I don't have a problem with it." she smiled lightly. "I don't think anybody will have a problem with why I'm here anyway. Everyone who can sleep, likes one that's safe after all."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Cat McKenzie (FG)
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Even as their foes had faded away, Cat had withdrawn from the group just a bit- more a sense of emotional distance than a physical movement. Her gun vanished back to wherever she had drawn it from, and she spent a moment or two rummaging around in the messenger bag she had slung over her shoulder. She did look over at Supergirl and the others as they spoke, but made to attempt to slip into that conversation.

She spent a few moments fiddling with her phone, and another brief interval scooping some of the dusted adversaries into a small container (which went back into her bag, for later.

Finally, just before the police came in, she stepped back towards the group.

>OOC: Okay, back from the car mines- brain still not entirely recovered. Cat will secure some of the ex-Gladitori dust for later (for a possible ritual). Then she will do a quick smartphone/Google search for the term Gladitori and another for Landsman's name- I used investigation, but Current Events would be just as good. Her Pop Culture roll wasn't very good- in this case she doesn't know the book already, she will have to read it later.
-Investigation 1 (Gladitori) 1d20+8= 18
-Investigation 2 (Landsman) 1d20+8= 27
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/758280 That is for Investigation- if Technology works better (since it is a computer/web search), drop numbers by 2 (16 and 25); if Current events works better, drop base numbers by 3 (15 and 24). Just looking to see if there is any publicly available information in both cases, not a deep research run.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

Eli stands by, calm and careful, ready to answer any questions the officers had. She also glanced over the ones arriving on scene, curious to if she's seen any of them during her coming and goings around the academy. It was unlikely she admitted, but a familiar face in a situation like this is a welcome one.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Truth be told, the officers gravitate towards the Girl of Steel. Even though she insists she just arrived herself.

Cat doesn't find anything directly on either subject, but the "second page" comes up with some interesting leads and possible links. Depending on how she searched (and based on the rolls, she did pretty well) she finds a link to descriptions of the group - almost face for face - but from a different source - Strikeforce Morituri. Specifically from a more graphic novel-like format called Electric Undertow. There is also a company in Canada, an ecological company that was started after the Merge, but was recently bought by Alexander Landsman with a partner by the name of Tuolema.

(I'll want to know who Cat shares that info with please.)

Eli recognizes the younger of the two officers, thought its unlikely the reverse is true. There was a presentation on what to expect on the first day type thing, one where the officer who is recently graduated presented. (You can name her is you wish).

Smith is able to duck out the back, despite any protests the others may have. The second person of choice that the officers gravitate towards is Samuel...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Are the Van Smiths still working on downloading info from the droid? Done? What kind of stuff did we get? AKA where do the clues lead from here?]
Smith comes back in the front door, (for those with special senses, it's the same one that went out the back, just a bit warmer from the exertion or running around to the front). He'll come in, visibly wave to let them know he's around for a statement but indicate to do other's first, but stands a ways apart, coincidentally by Cat. He nodded a greeting at the gun-wielder and waited his turn with the cops, listening to what others were saying.

When Supergirl advised honesty, Smith didn't raise protest. His body language indicated he'd let the others choose what to say to the cops and go along with it. He didn't want to outted as different [Secret Complication] but the real kicker was the fact the testimony would put him in here concurrently with his being on the phone with police dispatch, also his references to having knowledge of the frequencies and inner workings of the technology involved. He chided himself for being sloppy but it was a tense situation. If it came down to it he could most likely play it off as having minor technopathy powers. But he hoped he could avoid that altogether. He'd just have to see how this all shook out.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy is willing to let others stand up front and be the face of what happened as she is still processing people blowing themselves up casually.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

If she is asked anything, Alice will answer truthfully and honestly. She otherwise just watches the police in fascination. She will however keep her answers as a brief as possible.
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

Her lips relax into a light smile when she spots her, Officer Lindy Patterson if her memory served right, which it often did. That would make things easier for her emotionally, when they eventually came to get a statement.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Van Smiths continue their work, the inert droid is easier to work with now that its not actively working to maintain its own firewalls and defences.

Their are components that are Stark Tech, Booster Gold International, Kord Industries and other leading edge robotics tech including an infinity logo with the words "Seek Higher Things" inscribed beneath it. (All symbols are tiny of course, and only the Smiths are using makes it all out.) Not all of the tech is Merged Earth - the Smiths are able to tell which was created in this new merged reality and which merged and were reused.

Research will take a little longer, but will eventually point to a location dubbed Biowar Facility Alpha. Its in Canada.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Cat McKenzie (FG)

Cat stayed on the edge of the group and, if questioned, kept her answers simple and concise. She had worked with Karrin Murphy and other cops during her recovery, and she knew better than to keep entirely silent, or to project a sullen demeanor- but she also knew not to volunteer any information beyond what had been specifically asked for- too many perps got caught because they offered unnecessary details.

Most of her thoughts, though were focused on who these people were that had done this to them, and why. Cat knew she would have to work with some of the others to dig into this- the few leads she had weren't enough, and she was more experienced at hunting supernatural foes. Maybe Eli, who might be able to work with official channels? Maybe Mr. Smith, since he might be better at online research?

Or maybe take Supergirl's offer of DXDO assistance? Once the cops were gone, they were going to have to talk this out a bit further...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl was careful to keep to the bare minimum of facts, confusing as they were. When they were done and the police had taken themselves off, Alice turned to Supergirl.

"So you're with the DXDO? i've heard of it since I came back but the explanations were rather confusing." she admitted. "I've really only been in the 'real world' now for a month or so. Since the Merge happened, I've spent most of it in the Dreaming helping out there. It's been a right mess and it's only recently settled enough for Dream to allow me to venture out and deal with the more troublesome denizens that are mucking about in the Prime Material Plane."

She looked at the piles of dust. "It's also clear that somebody needs help in dealing with this as well." she added. "I do so hate complications. They're needlessly troublesome."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel

Samuel would be honest in his retelling and his assessment of the situation, making it very clear that no one here had any intent on doing permanent harm to the attackers beyond defending themselves and that they disintegrated but were very likely not dead but using " sleeves". " Could be some sort of Altered Carbon tech, if you know that show."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The police take your statements, asking if you intend to stay in town and be available if any further questions. They seem to be considering the "deaths" of the Gladitori to like the spontaneous combustion cases, despite any efforts on your part to convince them otherwise.

Supergirl indicates that she will be around, and available to confirm what little she knows which puts the officers at ease. This possibly irritates or pleases some of you - given that she arrived at the last possible second it's both a little annoying and gratifying to be vouched for by the apparent Kryptonian.

Supergirl leaves a quick note for Samuel before excusing herself. The officers eventually leave as well, leaving the group alone for the moment.

Smith notices he has a voicemail, despite not having felt or heard his phone go off.