The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl yawns as she's shaken awake. "Communing with Dream has been rather odd of late..." she said as she described her dream to whomever is with her, while she brushes her hair and cleans up as best as she can.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 am The short trip to John Henry's shop is uneventful. The man is less interested in the tech you show him - or at the very least not able to tell you more than you already know. What he is able to help with though is to confirm a way for you to get to Canada and back with little fuss and delay... To explain that he introduces you to a robotic being by the name of Playback.

"Ever heard of a Groundbridge?" the robot asks. You notice a stylized red robotic face on its arm...

John Henry waves him to be patient. "Smith... you've been getting texts. You must have questions." The way he speaks is as if knows Smith well...
"I... have." John Smith says warily. "This person says they know me well. And have been trying to reach me for a while. "I can't doubt the tech they are using is either real or a very good fake, but in this age, very good fakes are a possibility." he says.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 4
~^v~~v^~

She's there at the church, by the time that Alice wakes. Eli's wearing a much more casual looking outfit then the pretty clothes yesterday with a heavy looking freezer bag laying atop her feet, legs scrunched together as she sat on the floor pressed against a wall. The phone in her hands was plugged into a nearby wall outlet and beeped softly from whatever game she was using to occupy herself. Her bag, filled with several bottles of animal blood... and a single blood pack, that she managed to buy special order. A rare treat for very special occasions, or if she was really that desperately in need of the Real Deal.

Such circumstances were more frequent then she'd have liked.

With a blink and a quiet 'oh,' the vampire set her phone aside and looked over to the girl. "Communing with dream? Is that like, lucid dreaming? Except more real, probably..." When the girl finished her retelling, Eli bit her lip in mild confusion. "It sounds all really cryptic to me, especially that part about Mr. Smith..."

Should she tell them about how she knew he wasn't just one person?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel

" Groundbridge? Not really", he says, noticing the symbol. " Transformer? How are you adjusting to Earth so far? I know there are a lot of people who still have problems with autonomous machines..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

With a blink and a quiet 'oh,' the vampire set her phone aside and looked over to the girl. "Communing with dream? Is that like, lucid dreaming? Except more real, probably..." When the girl finished her retelling, Eli bit her lip in mild confusion. "It sounds all really cryptic to me, especially that part about Mr. Smith..."
Alice

The girl shook her head. "It can be. Everyone communes with Dream when they sleep to some extent. Being in his employ, it's more explicit for me." she chuckled. "I at least know when it's a message. Usually. Most of the time."

"The trick is finding the right interpretation." she shrugged. "It's different when you're physically inside the Dream World. Everything is much more clear. Here? It gets a bit fuzzy." she sighed. "Fuzzy, loud. Bright. Complicated. Overly so. " she said. "I don't know how you lot manage it so well."

"It still is pretty grim. If we don't do something about this situation, it's gonna blow up in our faces in a very bad way I think." she said as she fixed herself some tea.

Even if she didn't need to eat or drink, she needed something to do with her hands, something to ponder on. Tea was perfect for this.

She sighed. "I suppose this is for best. I've been too long in Dream. You start to loose things." she chuckled dryly. "The cogs have slipped and the gears have frozen. Nothing remains the same and everything is so very different." she leaned back, remembering old times and older friends.

"Hearts never forget." she sipped her tea. "Even if the memory fades in the mind." she said almost sadly. The voices in her head whispered to her. About umbrellas and undead mostrosities, the world becoming a wasteland. She listened, not understanding, but somehow it chilled her to the bone.

Battle Init
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
~^v~~v^~

She leaned against her puled up legs and hooked her hands together on the other side. Right cheek pressed against her knees, Eli watched and listened as that girl she once knew at school talked a little more about her experiences. "Memories never fade for me, anymore. She won't let them."

Hot tea. How long has it been since she's had the kettle on? She tried, a few times, to boil blood and pretend. Hadn't went right, always made a huge smelly mess and nearly ruined the thing. One of the few times she thought the scent of blood was utterly revolting. Such cooking experiments were never attempted again.

"You might not've known, but back in school a lota kids always thought I was pretty forgetful, maybe a bit of a ditz sometimes. I was upset with myself as much as anyone who called me that. How I wish now to go back to how I was. There are somethings you're just meant to not remember, you know? Brains can do that to prevent trauma."
------------
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"I've tried to forget. It doesn't help." she told the vampire. "Every picture tells a story. Sometimes we don't like the ending. Sometimes we don't understand it." she recalled the Cat's words. "Memories are who you are. What you do with them determines your future." she shook her head. "Even the unpleasant memories have some value." she chuckled dryly. "It's hard to say for me. I have a multitude of voices in my head, telling me different things about this situation."

"None of them are pleasant." she admitted as she finished off her drink.

"If you wish, when this is over, I might be able to take you with me to Halloween Town." she offered. "You would like it there. I think."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Wasn't my intention to split the group, but we'll roll with it...

Playback turns to Samuel, delighted that he's being addressed.

"I'm a lot more comfortable a little, what's the term? Upstate? I was newly born of the remnants of the Allspark when the Merge happened, so this world is all I've really known. And, well, being a minibot has it's drawbacks so I'm more comfortable with humans... but yes. You are definitely correct about the problems with some reactions - no worse than some of those that are 'monstrous' in appearance."

John Henry motions for you - everyone with Samuel and Smith - to follow him into a backroom. It's clearly a workshop, with several computer set up. A larger monitor has something of a surprise... staring back at you from the screen (and yes, there's a web-cam in the monitor so it's likely a two way image) is... Smith.

"Hello old friend." He says wearily. "This is really hard to explain... But I know the reason you've been brought together. It's not supernatural, despite appearances and what the Dreamer will try and tell you.

"Shortly after the Merge, when we were just learning about our power, we split as normal. But we didn't reintegrate. Instead, I was absorbed into a mainframe network that was running parallel to our assignment. This was about the same time as the world was facing the worst of the Incursion.

"We all felt that it was over. That the world's new heroes had saved us - inasmuch as the world gets saved in the comics until the next crisis...

"The fact is, the form of an elder evil still has a rather large claw in the fabric of our world. And whatever it's doing, it's playing the long game... working to manipulate the world through agents to some unknown end. I've been working on uncovering some of the agents. That's the reason I haven't contacted you until now.

"I've chosen the group because we all knew each other so there's some connection. But also because we all 'suffer' from MGS but haven't been goblinized even though we've gained powers. I'm sure there's a connection, I just haven't figured it out.

"I also have reason to believe Tuolema and Landseman are agents of this entity."

Smith, and Samuel - please make a Perception Roll - DC 17 for Smith, 22 for Samuel.

As Eli and Alice converse, Alice actually finds herself thinking more and more about the cases of people bursting into flames. It didn't figure in her dream... or did it? So hard to say (you'd think people bursting into flames would be something you'd remember...) but that aspect starts to weigh on her.

You both can swear you hear a TV somewhere, far enough out of range to not bother but you hear a line clearly...

"... like millions of voices crying out and then... nothing..."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl cocked her head, listening, trying to figure out where the sound was coming from. "Portents and messages. I do not like being led. If you wish to speak, do so and state your case plainly please." she said out loud to whomever was playing with them. "These games are wearing thin and I am about ready to spank you if we meet in person."

When nothing happened she scowled. "I hate entities that act like silly children." she shook her head.

"So what do you make of the spontaneous combustion cases?" she asked the vampire. "How do they connect to all of this, do you have any ideas?"

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

John Smith tugs at the collar of his shirt sheepishly.

"Well, I guess I'm not explaining away this one." he says warily to those in the room.

He regards the Smith on the monitor. "Sorry to have missed you on re-integration. I still didn't have a handle on just how many of us there were back then. There's an accountant in here," he touches his forehead, "who's still trying to get an accurate count. I have to say that my memories of the incursion are kinda.... fuzzy. I know we helped but..." Smith shrugs. "In any case, I know you were going to wait til we got there to give us an idea of what we'd be doing but can you share spoilers?"

All the while though, he kept a careful eye out.
Perception: 1d20+10 29
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
~^v~~v^~

Eli was mulling over Alice's words, considering if she'd really actually enjoy going to a place like Halloween Town- if it was indeed from the movie she was thinking of, and not one of a dozen other similarly named pre-merge locations. She rather thought otherwise, but maybe it'd be good to face her fears from time to time.

Any thought to reply is cut off by the oddly timed line echoing into their room. Star Wars of all things, here and now? Her eyes contracted subconsciously, peering through walls for lingering abnormalities in the local background heat. Had she really not noticed someone else already here, or a TV being on somewhere in the church?

"I hadn't... given it much thought, honestly. I'm still learning," She muttered distractedly. Eli bit her lip with one of her fanged teeth, eyebrows pinched together with worry. "I think... We should go see wherever that came from. We can keep talking along the way, Just... quietly."
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"I do not like this," she said to the vampire. "But you are right and the fact that we both heard it rather disturbs me." she scowled. "Just be prepared for a trap."

Battle Init
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
~^v~~v^~

She nodded. "I'll keep my steps quiet, if you can too."

Standing up with care, there was a certain air about her that seemed distinctly different now that Alice had a chance to observe it closely. She'd feel that if her eyes were taken off Eli for even a second, that the vampire would manage to slip away completely without notice. Her steps weren't just quiet, they made no sound whatsoever.

"Come on, let's go..." Said she, walking further ahead of Alice once they were finally moving.

OOC: Taking ten on stealth for a straight 26.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"You are much more stealthy than I. Mayhap you could be the surprise and I the distraction?"

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel

Samuel tried his best to suppress a shudder. He rememberered the Incursion all too well, the running, people screeching as they were turned into monsters, the thunderous roars of weapons - Chaos Space Marine bolters, as he later learned - and that mad dash for safety, for any shred of sanity.
But then - salvation. Maybe next time it would be upon him to deliver the helpless from unimaginable evil. He could not falter.
He swallowed, steeling himself. " If there is even one shred of one of these things left, it needs to be dealt with. Whatever it may be, I am in, even though i am not MGS-affected."
Perception: Perception: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24

Damn, made it!