Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Scylla

Post by nowhereman2 »

Camus wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:29 am "Help? Of course not, if you want to be an adventurer you do things for yourself, it is your desires that matter, only that. No chains, no bindings, no looking back." the dryad says with passion, recalling her time chained in the rocky outcrop in the middle of the sea
"Um... don't heroes help people? They whoosh in at the last moment, save the city from the bad guys. I mean... don't you want to help people? " the girl says pleadingly.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"Why would I? Humans tried to bind me, to imprison me! I am a dryad, I was born to be free. Attachments are an invention of humanity, I want nothing but satisfy my own desires. Dont you wish to be free?" Scylla says, extending her arms to the sky as she speaks of her freedom, and then back down she looks at the child with a toothy grin.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Camus wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:42 pm "Why would I? Humans tried to bind me, to imprison me! I am a dryad, I was born to be free. Attachments are an invention of humanity, I want nothing but satisfy my own desires. Dont you wish to be free?" Scylla says, extending her arms to the sky as she speaks of her freedom, and then back down she looks at the child with a toothy grin.
"What do you mean attachments? Your way of speaking is confusing to me. If I wasn't a hero, what would I be?"
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

Scylla smiles and pokes the child in the forehead with her finger. "Your mother is an attachment. Your family. Anything that ties you to a place or a person. Heroes do not have attachments, otherwise villains can use them to corrupt them. If you were Lady Liberty and I was a villain holding your mother hostage, and you know that in order to capture me your mother would die, what would you do?"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Camus wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:26 pm Scylla smiles and pokes the child in the forehead with her finger. "Your mother is an attachment. Your family. Anything that ties you to a place or a person. Heroes do not have attachments, otherwise villains can use them to corrupt them. If you were Lady Liberty and I was a villain holding your mother hostage, and you know that in order to capture me your mother would die, what would you do?"
"Um... I hadn't thought about that. I mean..." She seems to ponder a moment. "If I want to be a superhero, I have to leave my family so that they are safe. But I love my family..." Rhionnan seems completely taken over by this revelation. She loves her mother and grandmother. Not so much her father. He didn't visit her anymore. She was lost in thought then the frosted doors opened.

"Rhionnan! Where have you gone?" A woman in her early thirties walked out and began to search. Her hair is as red as Rhionnan's but in a neater straight brush falling to the bottom of her shoulder blades. She looks at the spot where Rhionnan is, and despite being in a semi-hidden alcove, spotted her immediately. "Rhionnan, who is that that you're with?" A faint Irish accent, largely washed out with a western American accent, nearly hides the sound of tension in her voice.

Meanwhile, Breach is making breakneck speed. She is trying to arrive as quickly as possible. She can just now see the medical complex nearby. Several people walking on the sidewalk call out for her to watch where she is going as she runs past.
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"Over here. Young Rhionnan seems intent on being a hero, I just spoke some sense into her young mind. Little nymphs should not be allowed to wonder too far off their pond." Scylla waves and says to Rhionnans mother. "It is dangerous out there." she remarks with a side grin.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 »

"Mom! How do I protect you if I am a hero?" Rhionnan runs to her mother who quickly wraps her up in her arms.

"We are going to have a long talk about you running off. First school and now this. A hero has to follow rules you know." The Irish intensifies as Rhionnan receives the scolding. "My name is Ashling O'Brian. Thank you for watching my daugh..." The mothers green eyes fall upon both of the people hiding in the alley. They seem to linger a bit longer on the alien as though Ashling is trying to remember something, but shakes her head of whatever thought she had. "You might want some clothes. I get that it's hot here, but that is a bit ridiculous."

The mother seems to set herself right, straightening out her blouse emblazoned with a channel 5 staff logo. The shirt reminds you to watch powers hour, just in case you somehow missed the thirty highway signs. She waves to each of the women before taking her leave, girl's arm clutched in hand.

As this exchange ends, a very hurried Breach enters the parking lot and finds our two wayward villains.
Last edited by nowhereman2 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
HP: 2
-~-

Seeing that the child has left with her mother, Vincent slows himself down to a more sedate pace. The look of her clothes indicsted she was likely on the news staff, and from the way she was looking at the alien in particular...

The White Lady felt his intent without it needing to be said, and trailed silently behind them through the door, avoiding hospital-bound spirits along the way.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:08 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Seeing that the child has left with her mother, Vincent slows himself down to a more sedate pace. The look of her clothes indicsted she was likely on the news staff, and from the way she was looking at the alien in particular...

The White Lady felt his intent without it needing to be said, and trailed silently behind them through the door, avoiding hospital-bound spirits along the way.
Make a perception check.
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"My pleasure" replies Scylla. "Thy shall not impose your standards over me" The nymph says without a hint of malice, as if simply stating a fact. "Regardless, our stay in your world is about to end, worry not." she adds, and waves the little girl goodbye
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

ooc: Perception 17
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:54 am ooc: Perception 17
You follow the girl and her mother without incident. There are not many spirits here as it is a medical supply complex. Still, every so often a sullen once-upon-a-time elder wafts by.

"You can let go of my arm mom." Rhionnan moans.

"Really? Because every time I let you out of my sight you run off."

"I'm not going to run away." She tugs on Ashling's grip, which holds steady.

"You bet you're not. Then you go find those weirdos. You're lucky they weren't any worse. Then I would have to rescue you."

"Cassidy would have helped me."

"Don't you be going on about Cassidy. I know your grandma encourages it, but I am through with that. You're using him as an excuse to act out. He's not real and you know it."

"He is real." This time she gives a hard tug and wrests control of her arm. She runs toward an orthopedics supply store where an older woman is currently waiting.

[Perception Check DC 15] As this happens, you notice a small flare of spiritual energy. It is as if there is something connected to her that hasn't fully manifested.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Vincent cupped his chin in interest as he walked briskly towards the others of his team. "Hm. Seems the little girl's imaginary friend isn't so imaginary after all." The spiritualist side of him found the idea of another potential medium with a spirit tied to them truly interesting, especially at such a young age. He didn't do that sort of work anymore, though. Doesn't pay the bills quite as well as it did a few years ago. Perhaps, after this job was finished, he could seek her out again. Rhionnan, was it? He'd remember that name.

The mother, though... What did she mean by 'she'd have to rescue you'? Her attire clearly labeled her as being being part of a local news-team, and those aren't exactly the type you expect going around 'rescuing' people. Something didn't sit right about that with him, so he put the White Lady to tail her for the time being. One could never be too cautious.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Breach rounds the corner to the alley and sees the woman and child leaving the other side. As long as the woman is not looking back at them, she doesn't call attention to herself. When safe she says, "Hey, I've got you some stuff that should fit. You'll need it to blend in."
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"Greetings. Ah, clothing. Alright, I guess it is for a greater good, no?" Scylla says, accepting the outfit. Without preamble she starts dressing herself up.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ