Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: just checking, are we going to get the money you stashed or going to the morgue? ]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

OOC. Let's pick the money up first, and then hit up the morgue.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Fine with me. we don't need to narrate that do we?)
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: Luck roll]

The group makes their way back through the path toward their stash of money. It is in the alcove as though it had never left. A small dog growls faintly as Breach's hands take the box, but no barking. A quick check on your new cell phones indicates that the morgue you were told to check out is about 8 miles away. The time is about 2 PM. Walking to the morgue would take approximately 3 hours. You can drive there in about twenty minutes (accounting for traffic). The morgue itself is open to visitors until 6 PM at which point it closes.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"We should take a taxi. So far no one should be looking for us, right?" Breach says. "If anyone asks, we're going to a comiccon or something.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
HP: 2
-~-

"I had a car, but it's on the other side of town right now." The medium grumbles, more to himself then them. "But no mater. A taxi should be fine for what we need right now."

Locating the nearest payphone, he rings up a service and arranges to be dropped off at a location close to the morgue yet not one to draw suspicion.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 pm Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

"I had a car, but it's on the other side of town right now." The medium grumbles, more to himself then them. "But no mater. A taxi should be fine for what we need right now."

Locating the nearest payphone, he rings up a service and arranges to be dropped off at a location close to the morgue yet not one to draw suspicion.
A friendly sounding computer operator answers and you go through a menu of options until finally an operator takes the address down. The fare is estimated to be $60 for the trip.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: moving it along]

The taxi service arrives twenty minutes later. The woman, twenties and Hispanic, gets out and opens her doors for each of you. The looks aren't as obvious as before, but she still noticeably lingers on Massari.

Do you load your own luggage?
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

Unceremoniously, Scylla who does not have anything else but helrself to load, gets in the car. Carriages like these she had never used, but they couldnt be that much different from those of the age of Myth. Perhaps the horses were inside somehow...
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

Vincent nods at the woman politely, thanking her for coming out to receive them. Only having a single bag, just sits in a free spot with it tucked under his legs.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"We'll handle our own bags," Breach says as she takes a seat. "Let's get going."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

The trip is delayed through traffic. Fortunately rush hour has only just begun and it takes forty minutes to get across town on the 15. (Seriously! No one takes the fifteen during rush hour.) Your driver, Marina, is pleasant and tries to offer water and snacks along the way. Once you arrive, outside the morgue (three buildings from the local police station), she stops and directs you to use the credit scanner. (She will take cash if you prefer that.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

Vincent has no issue using a credit scanner at this time, and simply allows his card to be swiped. Once the taxi fully departs, he turns away from the random restaurant he'd had the taxi drop them off at and instead moves towards the morgue. "We're going to need to find a way in here first and foremost. Preferably, one that doesn't result in a shootout and more bodies to sort through then necessary. If the spirit, providing that one even remained behind, won't hand over the information readily then I'll need to be there personally to... 'persuade' it."
------------
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"Then it may be that you know the name of one of the deceased? I still do not understand if this is a cementery or not, but even the dead deserve visit, mayhaps we can play the part of afflicted family?" Scylla asks the man in the suit. "Once we are inside I can make use of my charms. They melt for me." she adds with a mischievous grin.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"They probably check identification before letting people visit 'loved ones'," Breach says. "If Vince can do this without going in, we try that route first. Plan B we go with melting." Softly, she adds, "I can't believe I said that."