Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
HP: 1
-~-

"Let's take our departure. Our friend has kindly opened the door." Hands in the pockets of his overcoat Vincent starts to quickly depart, leaving his ghosts behind to continue pillaging.

OOC: Vincent is leaving while using Remote Sensing and Poltetgeist to continue gathering cash unimpeded.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"Robes? wherefore wouldst I needeth such a thing?" Scylla asks, rhetorically of course, as she makes her way to the opening garage door. Looking down at the crawling woman she smiles. "Quicly apace, the monst'rs art going to get thee"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: where are you guys going and how are you getting there?]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

Vincent shoulders a bag that one of his ghosts faithfully transfers to him. Their illicit activities done, he sends them forth to help them navigate the streets in a way that they avoid the police activity racing towards their previous location. "Next stop is the mall. Time to find you ladies something more presentable then those tacky jumpsuits. I, of course, will be just fine as is."
------------
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

The nereid exits the slump and takes in the view of the street once again. She simply smiles and moves along with the rest. This mall place was intriguing, and she wished to see what made it so beckoning for her newfound companions. She eyes Vincent for a moment with predatory eyes and a smirk but says nothing.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:51 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Vincent shoulders a bag that one of his ghosts faithfully transfers to him. Their illicit activities done, he sends them forth to help them navigate the streets in a way that they avoid the police activity racing towards their previous location. "Next stop is the mall. Time to find you ladies something more presentable then those tacky jumpsuits. I, of course, will be just fine as is."
Your ghostly companion quietly hands you a bag from the building about a minute after you leave. You check the bag and find that there is about $2500 in clips of cash and a couple wads of money. [OOC: If you want, we can retcon that you also attained 30g Heroin, 20g low grade meth, and 3 unknown pills. (All illegal contraband of course.) I don't know if Vincent would have thought to get it, but figured I would give you the chance now.]

Approximately four minutes after you leave, you begin to hear sirens. [OOC: Luck roll 5; http://orokos.com/roll/739406] A police car is speeding to the intersection you are approaching. To your left you see a few store fronts. They include a wedding boutique, a ramen restaurant, and a hobby shop. To the right, across the street, you see a drug store (akin to a Walgreens). You are about 300 yards from the drug den you have just left. What do you want to do?
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

" Ah the food of the gods!" Scylla exclaims pointing at the ramen shop. "Let us go!"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

"Oh yes, lunch does sound quite appealing all of a sudden. Ah, please be sure to not eat anyone please." He adds, directing it towards the alien woman. "Actually... maybe you should stay outside. Hide in an alley or something. You stick out quite a bit."

OOC: Vincent dosn't feel inclined to push his luck any further then natural cash. He knows fences, not drug dealers.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Breach follows the group into the ramen shop. She keeps an eye on all the staff looking for anyone pressing a silent alarm.

perception: 1d20+10 25
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:25 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

"Oh yes, lunch does sound quite appealing all of a sudden. Ah, please be sure to not eat anyone please." He adds, directing it towards the alien woman. "Actually... maybe you should stay outside. Hide in an alley or something. You stick out quite a bit."

OOC: Vincent dosn't feel inclined to push his luck any further then natural cash. He knows fences, not drug dealers.
[OOC: Then add $2500 to your inventory. I will wait a moment for Massari to decide to come in or not before continuing the description.]
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: I am going to assume that everyone enters the ramen restaurant. It is what I would have expected from Massari anyway.]

All four of you walk into the Oishi Boru ramen shop. The lunch rush is just beginning so there are several empty tables. The police sirens race past you, fading as you walk to the head server. The head server seems to be a woman in her early twenties with jet black hair save for a green stripe.

"Welcome to..." she stops as she looks at all of you. Well, not all of you. Mostly she looks at Scylla who, is wearing nothing except some tastefully placed seaweed and Massari who, even wearing a white tank top and orange pants is still clearly an alien. "Um... I..." She looks at Breach and asks "Do you know that your friend is like... naked?"
jmucchiello wrote:Breach follows the group into the ramen shop. She keeps an eye on all the staff looking for anyone pressing a silent alarm.

perception: 1d20+10 25
No one has pressed a silent alarm because, restaurants generally don't have silent alarms. You take a quick look around the restaurant. Most people haven't noticed you yet. One table has a few kids, around high-school age, who are talking quietly. One of them clearly gestures toward you. The youngest one, an African American kid in clothes more expensive than some cars, pulls out a smart phone and is clearly trying to record everyone surreptitiously.

[OOC: I didn't bother trying to roll stealth for him. He didn't have a chance at beating you.]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Breach walks up to young man and takes his phone. She puts $100 on the table in front of him. "That's a good deal right? What's the pass code?"
(Assuming he answers) "I see any of your phone, I just break them. No money." (I hope by now she has hidden the tupperware container in a wall somewhere.)
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:21 am Breach walks up to young man and takes his phone. She puts $100 on the table in front of him. "That's a good deal right? What's the pass code?"
(Assuming he answers) "I see any of your phone, I just break them. No money." (I hope by now she has hidden the tupperware container in a wall somewhere.)
In Los Calido, as in most of Ace County, the construction is mostly recent. As a city that is constantly reinventing itself, the buildings are largely corrugated steel, steel and glass, or wood and drywall. This isn't to say there aren't older buildings made of brick or concrete, just that they are few and far between. You did not find a concrete wall to hide it in, however you found three other options. The first was a dumpster, mostly empty and outside a restaurant. The second is a collection of flattened cardboard boxes, littered with half-eaten garbage. The third is a small alcove in someone's backyard. All of these locations are at least 200 yards away from the drug den. [Make sure to tell me which location is used, and how much is placed there]

[OOC: Now for the scene in the restaurant]

"Hey! Give that back you..." He quiets down as you drop the $100 bill in front of him.

"What's the passcode?"

"Umm... it's unlocked already." I assume you delete the video he was trying to record, titled 'Naked chick in my restaurant'. The kid clearly understands his position in this, but seems only slightly depressed given the huge drop of cash he just received. Your action did draw a few stares toward yourself and mostly at Scylla. No one seems willing to pull out a camera given the threat you levied however.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

He stares at the woman without turning around to look at his companions at all. Expression completely neutral, he announces to her, "Table for one please."
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: the backyard)

After deleting the video, and check for any other videos, Breach shuts down the phone and tosses it back to the boy. She is still looking around for any surreptitious activity here and in the kitchen. Anyone dialing a phone, especially.