Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: In order to keep the game going, I am going to call an audible here. I am going to say that Scylla's turn is being held until Camus gets back. In the future, I will give a player two days to move and then place your turn on hold. This way the game should move more smoothly.]

[Poltergeist's Turn]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
HP: 1
-~-

"Hangman, hang him." Was all Vincent said.

In an instant the cut noose that floated around the spirit's neck turned serpent-like and wrapped itself around the dealer's neck. Then it pulled.

OOC: Using Poltergeist; DC 18 strength grab.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:03 pm Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

"Hangman, hang him." Was all Vincent said.

In an instant the cut noose that floated around the spirit's neck turned serpent-like and wrapped itself around the dealer's neck. Then it pulled.

OOC: Using Poltergeist; DC 18 strength grab.

{OOC: You need to make an attack check first. Also, what ability are you using to grab? Phantom limbs?]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

OOC: Perception range Move Object, using it to grapple him.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: Poltergeist (your move object spell) has a ranking of 7, making the resistance check 17, not 18. I would allow you to use your extra limbs to 'help' the perception range effect, but I did ask you specifically what you were using. So I am going with this.]

Grab Resistance Check: 19 vs 17, Success; http://orokos.com/roll/736224

You reach out with your ghost, the spectral being an extension of your mind, the rope snaps out and grabs the dealer by the throat. He gasps quickly and scrabbles at his neck. Despite your spirit's strength, the dealer manages to loosen his grip.

[Buyer 1's turn]

She couldn't snap out of it. Mercy was frozen in place. The spectral wail just wouldn't go. She couldn't speak, but if she could, she'd beg to have one more chance at life. She wouldn't throw it away again.

[Resistance check 13 vs 17, One Degree of Failure; http://orokos.com/roll/736226]

She wouldn't be getting her wish.

[Massari's turn]

Edit: I noticed that I forgot to take into account the dealer was vulnerable. He actually had a 17, not a 19. Still succeeded though.
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Massari the Alien Hedonist
~~~

Massari faces the dealer with a grin before lunging ahead and thrusting the talons of her right hand into his back.

~~~
OOC;

All-out Attack Roll: 1d20+10 16, DC 23.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Loneclaw wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:38 am Massari the Alien Hedonist
~~~

Massari faces the dealer with a grin before lunging ahead and thrusting the talons of her right hand into his back.

~~~
OOC;

All-out Attack Roll: 1d20+10 16, DC 23.
Attack 16 vs 12, One Degree of Success

Resistance check 8 vs 23, Four degrees of failure; http://orokos.com/roll/736798

New Conditions:

Drug Dealer: Unconscious

HIs vision cleared. The dealer could finally see the garage door button. He could escape. He just had to push it. He reached out his hand, and felt a sharp pain in his back. It was too much for him to handle. He had never felt pain like that before. The dealer's vision fogged, and then faded out.

[OOC: Everyone else is either dead, unconscious, or incapacitated this round. Top of the next round.]

[Breach's turn]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Breach looks around to see if they have all the money. If not, she moves toward the next available cache of cash.

"We gotta get moving, people. Sirens will probably be here soon."
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"Let us flee this pond" Scylla agrees, looking for a quick way out.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

He shrugs. "Well, that about does it."

Vincent turns away from the scene for the door just as his hair begins to rustle without breeze. All around him money of varying denominations rises up in the air, starting to circle his form as if he were a participant of some obscure game show. "Take what you can and run. Away from the police, preferably."

OOC: On his turn he'll use Poltergeist to gather as much as he can. If there's any bags of convenience nearby, he'll deposit them there for carry.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[Ooc: For those of you who are getting clothes from here, what are you doing with your penitentiary clothes? Just making it clear]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Breach plans to shove hers into a solid wall and let it go when they pass a building made of cinderblocks.)
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: There is only one other person left aside from you guys in the combat order, but since you seem to not care, we will leave combat and go to a free order. First: Buyer 1 resistance check 22 vs 17, Success; http://orokos.com/roll/737318]

Suddenly Mercy found herself able to move again. A paralyzing fear still gripped her, but an even stranger desire to survive took over. She started moving toward the garage, slowly at first but with more certainty as the... criminals rifled through everything. She pushed the garage door opener.

*Loud motor starts She panicked. "Leave me alone." She bolted to the garage door and started crawling under while shouting "Help!"
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:03 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

He shrugs. "Well, that about does it."

Vincent turns away from the scene for the door just as his hair begins to rustle without breeze. All around him money of varying denominations rises up in the air, starting to circle his form as if he were a participant of some obscure game show. "Take what you can and run. Away from the police, preferably."

OOC: On his turn he'll use Poltergeist to gather as much as he can. If there's any bags of convenience nearby, he'll deposit them there for carry.
Your spirits find quite a few bills lying around. In about six seconds, you gather three money clips worth about $320 [http://orokos.com/roll/737323]. You can continue gathering money for a bit longer or bail. (Tell me how much time you want to spend.)
jmucchiello wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:16 pm Breach looks around to see if they have all the money. If not, she moves toward the next available cache of cash.

"We gotta get moving, people. Sirens will probably be here soon."
You remember that the dealer had a small package of drugs (pills, unknown). Most of the gang members have at least a few bills on them, but the dealer has around 200-500 in his pockets you see with your x-ray vision.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Breach grabs the bills and pills from dealer's pockets and heads for the door. "Which way is that mall?" She asks although she probably knows the direction and starts heading that way. "Who needs clothes and what are your sizes?"
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

jmucchiello wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 pm Breach grabs the bills and pills from dealer's pockets and heads for the door. "Which way is that mall?" She asks although she probably knows the direction and starts heading that way. "Who needs clothes and what are your sizes?"
[OOC: Add the following to your inventory:
  • $300 cash
  • 12 pills ecstasy (illegal)
  • 30 pills ritalin (controlled)
  • 15 pills rohypnol (controlled)
]

You know that the mall is approximately south-east of here, away from the center of North Ace city. Remember that the police are on their way and should be there in about 6 minutes. You have time... but not too much time.