Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:29 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
HP: 1
-~-

He stares at the woman without turning around to look at his companions at all. Expression completely neutral, he announces to her, "Table for one please."
The head server, Erin by her name tag, pauses for a moment. She seems to be quailing at some problem in her head. After a moment, she says "I think we have something in the back." She grabs four menus and walks toward a small table in an alcove. The area is about as far from the bathrooms and front doors as is possible. While still visible from the front, it is much less so. "Your server will be here shortly to take your order." The smile is fake, but professionally fake.
jmucchiello wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:39 pm (ooc: the backyard)

After deleting the video, and check for any other videos, Breach shuts down the phone and tosses it back to the boy. She is still looking around for any surreptitious activity here and in the kitchen. Anyone dialing a phone, especially.
No one calling out yet. About half the patrons have noticed you. Most are trying to avoid looking at you, or are pretending to not see you. A couple are watching you while trying to conceal that fact, badly. The high-school kids are the only ones who are looking at your group without reservation. They try to avoid Breach's gaze when she gives it, but otherwise are open about their interest.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

The man sighs with exasperation, and takes out his wallet and withdraws a crisp twenty, from his own funds and unstained by drugs. "Yes yes... I'm sorry for the commotion they're presenting. I had assumed they had more manners then they're presenting when I first encountered them. Evidently aliens and feyfolk have different standards." His voice is utterly dry as he speaks from the heart of this matter. The bill in hand, he hands it off to her as a sort of 'preemptive tip' for the fact she has to put up with them.

Out of her sight however, he makes a gesture and brings forth one of his chained spirits. Their orders to follow her in silent observation are clear, watching for any indication she or any of her staff had intentions to call authorities.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"Ah the food of the gods! Yes, bring it forth gall, I wish to delight on it once more." Scylla exclaims vividly as the restaurant clerk offers them a table, oblivious of the film attempts and the general state of confusion her appearance generates.
At the comment about her nakedness, she makes a face. "Thy would be better appeased if I removeth the algae?"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

"Just..." He shakes his head, dismissing whatever he was going to say and focuses instead on the menu in front of him.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

A server walks up, "welcome to..." he pauses for a moment. Richard "Rich" Ward was taken aback. "Um..." he swallows and visibly gathers himself. "Welcome to Oishi Boru. Can I start you with some drinks? We have hot and cold sake, 12 beers on tap, and all the standard sodas."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

HP: 2
-~-

"I can do without inebriation. Coke." He says, only half focused on him. After initial scouting of the resteraunt he sends a spirit to keep watch of the crime scene as police arrive.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Me too," Breach says.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

He finishes taking drink orders from each of the patrons. "Any appetizers? Would you like some more time?"
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:30 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

"I can do without inebriation. Coke." He says, only half focused on him. After initial scouting of the resteraunt he sends a spirit to keep watch of the crime scene as police arrive.
The restaurant is an open plan with few walls or dividers. Even the supports are as thin as structural integrity will allow. You are seated in the back corner at a small four person table. The wall to one side provides partial cover for your group such that the two seated against it are not visible from the entrance. You suspect this is likely the reason your group was placed here. [OOC: I would like your seating arraingment. (Back wall, Front Open, etc...)] Your spirits note the head server talking to the manager about the strange group that came in. He tells her to leave them alone and try to not call attention to them. "If they pay, they can stay."

Your spirit then quickly shuffles off to the drug den. The first police car has just arrived. The buyer, Mercy, is broken down and crying three houses away. The officer hasn't noticed her yet. "Officer Yarick on the scene. The front door seems to be missing. The garage door is open and I see several men injured and incapacitated on the ground. I need immediate backup and ambulances." A neighbor nearby comes up to the officer and begins relaying what she saw. Phillis Erinn Tate described hearing yelling and this disturbing sound blasting across the street from where she was. She was about to call in a noise complaint when she heard a gunshot. She witnessed some people leaving the scene of the crime [OOC: Perception check 1; http://orokos.com/roll/741002]. She gives a description that is no where near what you look like. The clothes are wrong, gender wrong, and even the number of people are wrong. An APB is given by the officer present.

[OOC: That is some BS luck right there :) ]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(OOC: Since she probably sat down last, Breach graciously accepts the seat with her back to the door since it is probably the only one left.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

The man can't help but smile to himself as the information is relayed to him. Knowing better of himself, he keeps the spirit on patrol around the scene in case something about the situation changes. "Fried wontons, please." He says to the woman, seated in the back. Once she has left he leans forward and speaks with a low voice. "So long as we're paying and don't cause too much of a scene, we should be fine. By that I mean please take care to not just snatch people's phones. If someone's recording us, let me be more... discreet about such a thing. Currently the police are looking for a villainous team of seven, none of which apparently look like us at all. I have no idea what on Earth that witness was on beforehand. While this is fortunate and will buy us some time, I advise we don't dawdle here for much longer then it takes to finish lunch."
------------
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"I wish to be served miso ramen." Scylla declares, not entirely familiar with what a restaurant actually is. She listens to what the gentleman ghost whisperer says, as he seems to have the spying eyes of his spirits relaying him information. Useful, she noted to herself.
"Very good, thyselves shall be on our best beheaviour."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: I am assuming you have all ordered your food and drink. You can narrate this yourself]

The server smiles, thanks you and leaves. Shortly after, you all receive your drinks and an order of fried wontons, served with a sweet and spicy ginger sauce and a classic sweet and sour.

While that is happening, Poltergeist continues to monitor the situation. Three more police cars have shown up, no ambulances yet. Mercy, the still living buyer has calmed down enough to notice the police cars beginning to fill the area. She tries to decide if she should go to the police and tell them what she saw.

[OOC: If you want, you can try to do something to intimidate her. If successful, it will reduce the chance she chooses to tell the police.]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

The man frowned slightly into his drink, realizing he needed to think quickly. His scout however seemed to be just a step ahead of him.

Just across the woman's neck she would pick up the feeling of a rope brushing past, in the form of a sinister caress. The Hangman leans down just into her ear and let's out a cold breath of air wash over it, not a single word at all, yet a warning all the same.

OOC: Combined use of an effectively rank 0 wail aimed downwards so that it only hits her, and a minor use of the Poltergeist ability. I'd prefer to use the dedicated ability I was thinking up, but not affordable just yet.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:07 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

The man frowned slightly into his drink, realizing he needed to think quickly. His scout however seemed to be just a step ahead of him.

Just across the woman's neck she would pick up the feeling of a rope brushing past, in the form of a sinister caress. The Hangman leans down just into her ear and let's out a cold breath of air wash over it, not a single word at all, yet a warning all the same.

OOC: Combined use of an effectively rank 0 wail aimed downwards so that it only hits her, and a minor use of the Poltergeist ability. I'd prefer to use the dedicated ability I was thinking up, but not affordable just yet.
[OOC: I get the impression that your spirits cannot speak to anyone else but you, but I like the flavor. Make me an intimidation check.]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

OOC: True, they can not, at least not until I can obtain Haunting. This is just a bit of a.... Work around.
Intimidation: 13 About what I expected, but who knows.
------------