Fox in the Hole (One Shot) OOC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) OOC Thread

Post by jmucchiello »

Yes, she has, we hid some money inside a wall.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Right- *shifts shoulders* Sorry for my delay in getting back into things N-man, had a creative lapse for a few days. So... I think I can get the woman's attention using a Haunting, maybe slowly leak her some information and tempt her to our side of the endeavor.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Is that better than just giving her a phone call. "I was in a shady location and this woman was bragging that some dumb cop got her out of prison illegally."? :)
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:18 pm Yes, she has, we hid some money inside a wall.
Ahh... I misinterpreted that. I assumed you hid it in a hole in a wall. If you were not looking for it before, it would not have been noticed. You might be able to see dust size motes, but that does not mean you are necessarily looking for them. If your character wants to test this hypothesis out right now, then the question could be answered.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Another wake up. I feel like we are nearing one of several climaxes and I am excited. This said, are you guys still enjoying this?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I already pointed out IC that Breach doesn't see what they can do to inform anyone of the cop's dirty deeds. This sounds like someone needs to drop a dime to the ADA. Not sure who that person should be.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You're aware of his Haunting ability, right? He can use a ghost to get the information accross
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Do we want to scare the ADA?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Being a dynamic effect, I don't necessarily need to make it Intimidating, and the little girl's ghoat dosn't have any visible signs of death (she died of pneumonia in the 17th century). It may be strange to have the little girl appear outbof nowhere, but it may give our case more credibility too.

"Hey, I'm a ghost who helps Poltergeist, one of the people that big mean man threatened into working for him."
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Well, let's just do that. Post about it IC and we can hopefully get these people to agree.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Lookit this GM, just throwing more and more curveballs at us like this :lol:
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(I thought I posted this yesterday. Would have been much better yesterday. I'll just put it here to avoid breaking up the flow.)

"Can we get The ADA's cell phone number and maybe a burner phone?" Breach wonders aloud as Vincent relays the conversation. "We could just send her some texts. For example. a text saying 'You should ask Reed where he was 4pm 3 days ago***' followed by 'He was in a warehouse with Frank and some missing prisoners.'"

*** Or whenever that meeting took place.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:33 am Lookit this GM, just throwing more and more curveballs at us like this :lol:
When I originally planned this, I was thinking of those classic fiasco movies where basically everything is chaos and up in the air. If that didn't pan out, then an action packed criminal movie.
jmucchiello wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:23 pm (I thought I posted this yesterday. Would have been much better yesterday. I'll just put it here to avoid breaking up the flow.)

"Can we get The ADA's cell phone number and maybe a burner phone?" Breach wonders aloud as Vincent relays the conversation. "We could just send her some texts. For example. a text saying 'You should ask Reed where he was 4pm 3 days ago***' followed by 'He was in a warehouse with Frank and some missing prisoners.'"

*** Or whenever that meeting took place.
It was 9-10 AM yesterday, but good idea. For her number, you would need to give me an investigation check with access to a computer. Note: there are a lot of computers in the hideout so asking might not be out of the question.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

What time is it IC now? Is the big fight coming soon? I'm not really sure what Breach should be up to at this moment. Although I still had the impression she and Vincent were to stay in the room they were in.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:39 am What time is it IC now? Is the big fight coming soon? I'm not really sure what Breach should be up to at this moment. Although I still had the impression she and Vincent were to stay in the room they were in.
It is about 3 and a half hours to the raid (so about 12:30 PM). You were given the room to plan, but the man waiting outside will help you get anything you need within reason.

Also Vincent, you should not be fatigued now. In 3rd, I think you recover after a minute out of combat. It has definitely been a minute.

Also also, I don't remember if I have given Breach any HP for getting into here past her rival. That feels like it is worth a HP. If I didn't give you one for that yet, take a hero point.