[OOC]Changeling: The Dreaming.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hoid

Re: [Recruiting]Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary!

Post by Hoid »

APOLOGIES! We got a new internet provider, so, getting things straightened out—-Murphy’s Law Being what it is—-I’ve been unable to log on til now. You all have my deepest apologies!
Hoid

Re: [Recruiting]Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary!

Post by Hoid »

Aaaaaaand, we’re up and running!
Spectrum

Re: [OOC]Changeling: The Dreaming.

Post by Spectrum »

http://dallasheritagevillage.blueervay.com/

This is a really great venue for a wedding. Might not be the time period that you're looking for.

Have an opening post peculating in my mind, just need to get the time to put errr.. fingers to keyboard?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

... wow! I was not expecting such a banality infused ooc post so early out of the gate from the ST. I guess that sets the tone going forwards.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I haven't dropped out but really disappointed and hoping that we can work together to make things better.

I'm disappointed- I haven't given up.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Am I missing something? I figured we'd just talk our way out of (in to) a ticket.

Edit: I know Socket has been dropping the obscure Gaelic, Irish, Old English, and Welsh insults, but hopefully you know I don't think you are a Leathchean. :)
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Wow, where to begin with this :)

Changeling is about creativity, its about fantasy, it's about fighting against the dying of the light. It's a game of people struggling to keep up the beauty and potential in the world around them, like a child on a playground seeing things not as they are but as they can be. It is the struggle to remain hopeful, to dream against the crushing weight of the so called adult world. It is potential unleashed.

This:
Hoid wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:18 am
OOC:
Why, yes. Yes, they are. And a police car. That, too.
is everything that the game stands against. Cold, unfeeling, statement of fact.

I'm not objecting to the police car. It is proper and it deserved. It saddens me in how incredible Banal it was treated. Not as the potential for a chase, not as an opportunity to explore the fantasy of talking your way out of a ticket but the painfully cold statement of fact.

The first post also has some problems:
Located in Dallas’ city park [OOC: to be specified in a few minutes, thank you, Wikipedia!], the ceremony is a lavish affair, deliberately styled as a Renaissance Faire to make the Mists more secure.

was from Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:38 pm. Minutes has turned into days.

And this is likely my failing, but I don't know how to interact with that post. Where are the places to tug? Where are the levers? Where are the spinning wheels? Where are the shiny buttons to make this shiny new toy go?

Hoid, I've read your stuff. I know that you work wonders. I know that you have that Spark inside of you. What can we do to blow on it to make it flame up? What can we do to bravely go forth on adventure together, as people telling a story together?

Ask questions! Explore! Let's go on a wild ride together and let loose the hounds of war!

Or are we just going to let this one whimper into an all to early grave?

Who's with me?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sigh. I’ve been busy the last few weeks. Sorry! I’ll give it another go.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Changeling is often underestimated. It's happy, it's shiny, it's.. horribly difficult to run right. :)

I'm open for restarting the game. I'm even open to restarting the game with a character that will more fit into what you want to explore.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Well... I am now worried I am not fitting some expected facet of this game. I have never played Changeling and am rather new to roleplaying. Have I been up-to-snuff so to speak?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

See, this is where I get in trouble for picking on the new guy :)

I'm enjoying the play with you and look forward to seeing more.

However, if you're looking for a deeper answer, I'd take another look at what kith you really want to be playing.

Is Socket:
More of a tinker gnome or a hobbit?
More Adam Savage or Jamie Hyneman?
More of a Tim Taylor or a Al Borland?
Kirk or Picard?
Socket is given one of those huge 10 zillion piece LEGO sets. What comes out the other side?
Describe his working space? How does he talk to his tools?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Ok. I do apologize. I’ve had a lot on my plate, right now, and let myself get distracted. So, tomorrow, I’m going 5o throw myself into this wholeheartedly.

A few quick words:
The World of Darkness is a huge setting, of which changelings are only one small part. While I will only feature Prodigals if the players seem interested, keep in mind Pentex and its subsidiaries are everywhere. It’d be really cool to make references to O’Tolley Burgers, Tellus video games and nerds playing Black Dog RPGs. Like Magadon running the local pharmacies, or your characters getting some King beers. Changelings know jack-s**t about the Wyrm, so, these companies being literally infested with Stone Age devils would be completely outside any fae’s expectations.

The Shadow Court sometimes associates with Black Spiral Dancers and Sabbat vampires. House Balor, a sidhe noble house, has as its High Lord a literal Black Spiral Kin! While all changelings, even the Thallain, are utterly of the Wyld (to use werewolf terminology), the Wyrm sometimes finds itself with very strange allies.

About the Nunnehi: despite them coming from specific region of North America, Nunnehi are not ‘bound to the land’ and can go wherever the hell they want. Thus, in the Kingdom of the Burning Sun, any Nunnehi Family might be encountered!

Now, time for a little homebrew. In Werewolf’s Year of the Lotus book as well as Book of the Weaver, it’s revealed the Weaver has something akin to Pentex, a pet megacorporation all its own——Shinzui Industries—-which then never gets mentioned ever again. So, in my games, Shinzui is run by Dauntain, a whole deadly organization of them...and these Dauntain have no idea the Weaver even exists. Thus, Shinzui is quite supernaturally active—-but only with changelings, explaining why it’s such a tiny blip on the collective werewolf radar.

The Thallain have been seriously upgraded in 20th Anniversary Edition, and are now revealed as the secret (if contested) masters of the Shadow Court. The return of the Adhene will no doubt throw a monkey wrench into this, but, as a result, the Shadow Court will be a major menace in this campaign. Expect no end of shenanigans from them.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:24 pm
Is Socket:
More of a tinker gnome or a hobbit?
More Adam Savage or Jamie Hyneman?
More of a Tim Taylor or a Al Borland?
Kirk or Picard?
Socket is given one of those huge 10 zillion piece LEGO sets. What comes out the other side?
Describe his working space? How does he talk to his tools?
Tinker Gnome
Adam Savage? I don't watch Mythbusters much. Which one is a crazy, over-the-top machine builder? More likely to tinker with a car until it flies, fires missiles, and makes breakfast?
With his skill level, Al Borland. With his idea of "appropriate" solution of a problem, Tim Taylor
Montgomery Scott
A fully working zepplin. "Wait... only legos? How am I expected to get the helium and engines running?"
"Organized" and quiet, interspersed with curses and motors running.

Edit: I read all the Kith before I chose. Being told Nockers curse a lot and creatively just made me love the character more. I also enjoy our character's banter. I am worried that both of our characters seem to be risk taking. If I design an over-the-top siege weapon that you insist on riding into a bad guy stronghold a la Dr. Strangelove, we are going to have a very interesting TPK. All of this said, his risk taking is primarily in crafting. Right now I imagine he would rather stay in his workshop (something I imagine won't be an option).
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hoid- where/when was the story supposed to start? Maybe we should try from there?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

It looks like you`d like at least one more character... I`ve got the original 2nd Ed Changeling that I always loved... Got a copy of the C20 PDF that I am reading (Autumn Sidhe? Cool.) Gonna keep reading and see if a new character comes to me...

Some of my favorites in the past were:

* Trol (She was the re-incarnation of Scathach n Unaid - yes, the founder of the Sidhe house - and wore a T-Shirt with "Trol" in the front and "huked on foniks wurked for me" on the back).
* Another was Karista - a Sidhe of House Dougal - she was blind.
* Redcap Tatoo artist with a Chimera called Bitch...
* Can`t remember the name I gave her, but I actually had a Sidhe based on Aphrodite... (the name was definitely based on Alexandra Tydings - was created around the same time Xena was airing...)

* Then there was Loehann Silverback - A buddy's Troll Grump. He was Karista`s guard and she was his patron... poor player never realized, but he had stated that Loehann could "smell Unseelie from a mile away." so I decided that he was actually on his way to becoming an Ogre... I also threw in my first Inanimae with him - he had a forge with a mighty stone maul... that was actually a Glome.

So those are past characters... time for a new one...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document