Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Open)

Post by Tony Jones »

jmucchiello wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:04 pm Edison is a township according to the New Jersey constitution. (I live in Metuchen.) Even though it has a population over 100,000 and would be called a city anywhere else in the world.
So the constitution specifies what a place can call itself? Interesting. Presumably based on population? What population qualifies as a city in New Jersey?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I don't know the specifics but there are Towns, Boroughs, and Cities. Places incorporated as one of those three things and that affects how they are given aid from the state and other stuff. I don't think population was the only deciding factor. (Not many places incorporate any more so it isn't in the newspapers much any more.)
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Tony Jones wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:24 am One other thought that occurs is that the world seems to have quite a high fraction of supers in the population. Bass City has one school with 200 or so supers and there's the other school with more. So if Bass City is a million people that's maybe one person in 3000 being a super. Obviously that goes up or down depending on the actual size of the city. And could add up to millions of supers worldwide...
This is Cape May county. There are no large population hubs down there. My impression of the original game was that this was a sleepy backwater with a supers high school stuck into it.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So, where were you thinking of starting up from?

I still haven't figured out the gym door puzzle.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:25 pm
Tony Jones wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:24 am One other thought that occurs is that the world seems to have quite a high fraction of supers in the population. Bass City has one school with 200 or so supers and there's the other school with more. So if Bass City is a million people that's maybe one person in 3000 being a super. Obviously that goes up or down depending on the actual size of the city. And could add up to millions of supers worldwide...
This is Cape May county. There are no large population hubs down there. My impression of the original game was that this was a sleepy backwater with a supers high school stuck into it.
That's fair enough, but if the couple of hundred supers are from a smaller population, then the proportion is even higher, because from reading the IC thread it gave the impression all the pupils at the school are local, not coming from a large area, with the implication there are schools like that all over the place. If Bass City is (say) 100000 people then roughly 1 in 300 people is a super, which could be tens of millions of supers worldwide...

Not that it affects the game, I'm just curious.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

My impression is there are a lot of minor supers: PL1-4. They have Extended x100 Vision as their only power. Someone else can create a fire blast, damage 1 ranged. Never going to be a hero or villain, but still should be trained to make sure they don't burn stuff to the ground.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Ah I see. So only a small fraction of the total supers are of significant power. Makes sense.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Spectrum, I currently do not have a set start date for the game yet, but should do soon.

Tony Jones, it is a case that there are lots of powers in this world, but most of them are not powers of significant note.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Slight tweek to Tobias... I realised my darkness controller had no nightvision. Amended
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Slight tweak for Khemis too; changed Instant Up and Prone Fighting for Movement: Slilthering.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Ok guys, it was a very difficult decision, but I have decided that CaptainChaos will be taking priority for the game reboot. Tony Jones and Glyph, thank you very much for you submissions, and assuming you still want to play in the future, I will add you to the waiting list in case anyone disappears.

I intend to restart the game in a few days, taking place a couple of days after the last sessions. I may also be looking into using the missing former character as a plot point to explain their disappearance. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the campaign! I've been practising making npc's so fingers crossed I've got the majority of this down now.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Wow! Thank you for accepting me. There were some great submissions.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

No worries. Congrats Captain, I’ll keep an eye on things incase things open up ^_^
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

There really was for this, yeah. If I was more confident in my ability I'd try a larger group or a secondary session or something, but currently I'm keeping it within my means.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

MrTweedy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:02 am Ok guys, it was a very difficult decision, but I have decided that CaptainChaos will be taking priority for the game reboot. Tony Jones and Glyph, thank you very much for you submissions, and assuming you still want to play in the future, I will add you to the waiting list in case anyone disappears.

I intend to restart the game in a few days, taking place a couple of days after the last sessions. I may also be looking into using the missing former character as a plot point to explain their disappearance. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the campaign! I've been practising making npc's so fingers crossed I've got the majority of this down now.
Welcome to the game CaptainChaos. Looking forward to starting the game up again. :)