Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hawk

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by Hawk »

MrTweedy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:39 am Ok, I may have gone a but overboard on the introduction there regarding the info dump, but I'm hoping that it will help introduce this universe. As your characters have lived there, this is some of the basic knowledge that your characters would have access to.

I would like for everyone to please take this chance to introduce your characters in the ic thread, and it gives you a chance to describe their rooms etc. I will be running a interaction with family to start so you guys can narrate them heading downstairs or effusing to get up etc. Hope you guys are looking forward to this!

The link for the ic is here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1291
I enjoyed all of the information. I didn't think that you went overboard.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'll get a post up for Maya after work.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Flynnarrel, can I get a perception check from you please.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I had a Dr.'s visit with my son, I won't be able to post until after work tomorrow.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MrTweedy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:47 pm Flynnarrel, can I get a perception check from you please.
Editted into my IC post. It was a poor roll for a 13. Maybe JD is distracted.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Flynnarrel, it's still enough for a pass, I'll sort what you spot for the next ic.

CaptainKaulu, I'll sort the ic after your post (still no rush though so don't worry).
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

In most school districts, if you don't sign up (and pay) for bus service, you aren't allowed on the bus. So Sarah would know this and just walk to school (Or back to the house if it's much closer). But I suspect you are herding us to the bus so let me know if you need Sarah on the bus because if you don't need her on the bus, she probably won't go to the bus stop. From how you wrote it, she will go home and tattle on her brother for abandoning her. (This is why, in my version of this, he dropped her off a few blocks from school. So there was no chance he gets in trouble.)
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

jmucchiello, this game isn't a 100% recreation of the school system etc. You don't need to worry about the finer details on stuff like that really, if there is something like that which is relevant to the game, I will try to let players know in advance. If you wanted to run for the bus, you can use it, but if you want to head back to home that is an option as well. I do intend to avoid shuttling characters too much, so you guys can do what you want at this point in the story.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Just wanted to know if you had plans. If not, Sarah will do what Sarah would do.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

jumucchiello, you seem to have jumped a bit ahead with your ic post there. I haven't actually introduced the school yet so I'm going have to ask your cut the part of your character arriving at the school out for now. You will be able to add it in later when I start that section.

I will also still need an athletics check for running to school.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

She didn't actually run. She walks 16 mph. She should be on time without running.

Just sticking this here so I don't lose it:

She hurries into the girls room and changes back, getting dressed in a stall. She comes out to find her complexion is darker than usual. Her hair is darker than usual. She has nicer cheekbones than her last look and her nose is a bit broader. Her body is also a bit curvier than she's use to. Not bad, she thinks. But she can think of three outfits in her closet that she could have worn with this body that would have been better. She barely has time to put on her makeup, luckily she carries a whole suite of makeup for various skin tones at all times.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

"walks" at 16mph. :lol:

Just how do you imagine that looks to onlookers? People she passes by?

Is she "power walking" and zipping by at the speed of someone going at a run, or since it's clay form (per your description) is she "slithering" along at that pace? I'm curious more for when our own character witness it to know what it looks like.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I see it as long-stepped walking of a mostly human shaped clay colored body.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

With normal human Speed of 0 (30ft/move or 2MPH), it does seem that the Speed power adjust the 'casual movement rate' that characters have.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 am With normal human Speed of 0 (30ft/move or 2MPH), it does seem that the Speed power adjust the 'casual movement rate' that characters have.
Not so much. Speed increases ground speed. No more, no less. It doesn't stretch the ratio at which you move at different gaits. It just increases how far you can move in 6 seconds.

HOW you achieve that is left up to descriptors.

Of course you can have descriptors that allow for looking like a casual walk while moving much faster than a normal person, Growth for example. It makes sense because you have longer legs. Elongation as well for much the same reason.

Speed itself is a sustained effect, so must have an obvious effect when used. For growth and elongation, they already have that as part of the base effect being larger or stretchy. You could apply subtle though, to apply some descriptor of a universal factor (dimensional, temporal, etc) that makes the character appear to be walking, but somehow moving further than biomechanics would suggest be possible.