Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by Spectrum »

That's a great introduction!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Can't wait to start playing with the group! :)
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Ok, so as we are coming tot he end of the first session I'm going to go over the general structure for the future sessions. I'm not planning to run minute by minute stuff of the school day as that's going to really drag, especially on a pbp. My intention is to focus on a few classes here and there that should be interesting to the characters. 'Basic classes' like English etc will be purely background unless there is a plot point to it, and instead we'll focus more on the unusual classes and combat practices.

This will also have some sandbox aspects, especially if a session lands on the weekend (ig), if you guys want your characters to meet up between class or after school to go and do something, I will work around that (one of the luxuries of the pbp format), so feel free to have characters carry out their own investigations into the strange goings on in town, or just go to the beach or whatever you choose.

I will also probably skip some days so that you don't have to play every single day of the school year, and can instead just go to the interesting stuff. During time skips like this I will be asking for summaries of player actions and maybe some rolls to see how it went. If it's something important then I will run it live instead.

Sound alright with everyone?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Yeah. And once we establish day-to-day routines feel free to jump to big school event like notable sports games, winter dance, or homecoming, etc.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

I may well do yeah. I do have a plan for an overarcing campaign story going on behind the scenes, so I will be making stops for those sections, character arcs etc, but I will also be trying to keep things moving forwards.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Anything works for me. When teams were mentioned, I assumed the game would focus on those "classes" specifically. Or, not the classes but the "labs".
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

My plan in terms of classes is that some will act like electives, so you guys can effectively choose what you learn to an extent, helping to focus on things that will benefit the character. I'm going to go back over the rules for earning points from lessons and see if it's worth implementing (I think it probably will be, I just need to clarify the rules in my head).
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Sounds good.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I don't know about specific classes for Meghan, but what I'm looking for in teachers:

PE
A strict disciplinarian that thinks that Meghan is the worlds worst student
PE
A teacher that wants to teach and figure out ways that students learn, thinks that Meghan is pretty awesome but a challenge
PE

Did I mention PE?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD would be interested in something like Sculpture, Geology, maybe structural integrity/Engineering.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John would be interested in technology fixing/making, P.E., and music. He has an interest in American History, and learning more about his Sioux ancestry.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

AJ is likely to be interested in almost anything- she is a Brain, after all. But she is likely to be most interested in STEM courses, and anything with a practical, power-related aspect (including PE).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Oh, and if the school has an ROTC program, JD would definitely sign up.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Cool, one other thing I want to check with people is areas you want to avoid in the game. Considering how cruel kids can be, this is a sort of 'coming of age' and the time the game is set there is the potential to go into some difficult topics during rp etc. So rather than set out big lists of stuff, I'm jhst going to ask that if there are any topics you are uncomfortable playing just send me a pm.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Not me. I made a vapid fashionista who will outgrow her vapidness specifically for the cruelty of kids. Bring 'em on. I expect Lucy to ditch Sarah and possibly become a rival.

Oh, and Sarah has no special interest in classes. Maybe a communications class but that wouldn't be a freshmen class.