Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by Flynnarrel »

One thing to note: There are some storylines classic in school stories: Bullying, Pranking each other, etc. that just don't make sense in a high school superhero game where the guy you pick on could melt you with his mind. Sky High did this marginally better where there was a power level difference and an oblivious administration. (Now, we haven't seen much of this administration but they certainly do seem to have the 'oblivious' or 'inept' part down.)

So if you're looking to have those kinds of stories occur just give it some thought as to how it might make sense.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Just a quick update- I am still here, and reading along. I can probably even muster a relatively prompt response if one is needed. (In fact, I'm going to try to put up a coherent response to AJ's scene later tonight)

Job search stress and effort paid off with new job...

BUT

New job OJT and orientation and so on have proved far more complicated and stressful than anticipated. No posting from work (at least not yet), and I come home burnt and frazzled every day, too drained to do much of anything. I have already missed one recruitment, and even keeping up with everything is a trial.

BUT (2)

I am still here, and the onboarding is supposedly almost done. There is hope for the future. I am still here. For now, if you need something specific, please ping me.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wow. It's like real teenagers. We've been trying to get them to bed for over a month.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah went to bed. I'm waiting for you all to catch up. (And then I'll do like 5 scenes that take place a 3am. :) )
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I think that I got very confused somewhere along the way. Should I keep posting or are we winding towards another big group scene?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

It's only day one of a 180 school year. Do you want all 180 days to be this detailed?

Frankly, this is why I was doing whole conversations with my NPCs. So the story involving kids in a super school could take up most of the posting time. But I was told not to. I decided that meant keep those conversations terse so we can focus on the school because any scene with family takes dozens of back and forth posts between us and the GM. That's fine if everyone has something interesting going on each night. Or some of us have to wait while others are chatting with the parents. I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out that if you are going to have a scene make sure it's something important.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MrTweedy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 pm Ok, so as we are coming tot he end of the first session I'm going to go over the general structure for the future sessions. I'm not planning to run minute by minute stuff of the school day as that's going to really drag, especially on a pbp. My intention is to focus on a few classes here and there that should be interesting to the characters. 'Basic classes' like English etc will be purely background unless there is a plot point to it, and instead we'll focus more on the unusual classes and combat practices.

This will also have some sandbox aspects, especially if a session lands on the weekend (ig), if you guys want your characters to meet up between class or after school to go and do something, I will work around that (one of the luxuries of the pbp format), so feel free to have characters carry out their own investigations into the strange goings on in town, or just go to the beach or whatever you choose.

I will also probably skip some days so that you don't have to play every single day of the school year, and can instead just go to the interesting stuff. During time skips like this I will be asking for summaries of player actions and maybe some rolls to see how it went. If it's something important then I will run it live instead.

Sound alright with everyone?
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Well, Vil thinks he's looking forward to P.E. the most. But I'm looking forward to him realizing gradually that he's not as stupid as he thinks he is.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

His version of 'cheating' on tests is to ask/pay a cold controller to sit behind him in class.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

How very Pratchett.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Jmucchiello, from my experience this is about as fast as I would expect a pbp like this to progress. Unfortunately I did so that this was going to be fairly rp heavy (or at least an equal mix), so at time things are going to slow down.

pathfinderq1, feel free to make a final post for AJ when you can, but in the mean time I will prepare to set up the next day.

If people want to make posts of their characters in the morning go ahead, I will try to get the next section introduced tomorrow or the day after.

Ok! I think that is the first session officially done. For those who haven't already got it, you get a power point to spend on your character (or save, up to you), and we will be beginning day two! Again, any other feedback etc that you have will be appreciated.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

IC post up- one part to wrap the evening scene, one part for next morning.

Do we reset used Luck points for a new day? (By the book, it is per game session, but some GMs are more lenient).

I'll update her sheet tonight, and spend that shiny PP.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I haven't decided what to spend my point on yet. I may hold onto it for the time being.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Pathfinderq1, as this is a new session and a new day, it does not matter in this case. Usually a session won't extend much beyond a day in this format.

Sorry for the delay on the ic post, I'll try sort it tomorrow.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So, what do the various super types mean? Are there any that the group doesn't have?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.