Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Boo! Hiss!

Sadness! A shame to lose this one, but it was fun while it lasted.

Good luck with work and such- it certainly sympathize with how that side of RL can cramp one's style.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Thanks, if I do get a chance to come back to the game, I will do, I just don't want people hanging on that basis because I can't guarantee I will have the chance.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Ok, my expectation is for work to spike for the next month or so, after that I am hoping it will simmer down a bit. If that is the case, I will have every intention or resuming the game, assuming there are players who still want to play. I will keep people posted if that time comes. In the mean time everyone stay well!
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I would want to, if you return. :)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I'm taking this game off of the active list. Let me know if it restarts.
MrTweedy

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Open)

Post by MrTweedy »

Hello all!

So a while ago I was running this game, but unfortunately due to work and some personal conditions I had to put the game on indefinite hiatus. However, since then things have improved on my end and I am looking to potentially reopen this game up again.

Currently I am looking for 1-2 players to join the current players who have voiced their interest in re-joining the game as students learning to become super heroes. My current intention is to carry the game on a couple of days on from the previous post to give everyone a chance to integrate/reintegrate into the game. Below is the original listing for the game, to give you an overview of what you can except.

Power Level, 8-10 (hero high scale for power level). Scale, local. Setting, Modern. Style, light. This idea is pretty straight forward. The players would be students going to a local high school for heroes. This would be a setting where powers are pretty common (hence the need for hero schools), where having powers is an everyday thing for many people. Of course not everyone can go to places like Claermont. Sometimes your local school is the only option. This game would focus on learning the be a hero, using powers and generally learning the skills needed to be an adult. There would be a lot of opportunities for character developments and forming relationships with other students and people outside of school. I would also like to try out the idea of one of the interschool style competitions (see in almost every films focusing around a school), pitting students against each other in tests of power.

For anyone interested, this is the link to the ic thread up to when I put the game on hiatus: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1291

So, if you are interested in a hero high game, let me know!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I enjoyed JD, I'd like to continue.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Woo-hoo! We're getting the band back together!

Er, I mean, the game back together.

Probably looking at a different character though.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah is in the middle of recording her fashion podcast. But she should be available by the time you restart. :)
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

I'm certainly interested, i'll give it some thought, and get though the IC before putting up a concept.

Are all the PC's returning? If not what is the new roster?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Some other reference info- partly for new people (but mostly to keep me in the loop): (I think all of this is right, but let me know if I need to edit)

1. Game is set in 1992 (or maybe 1997?), in (fictional) Bass City, New Jersey (somewhere in the Cape May area), not in (or near) a big city. Tech is more advanced than "our earth" in 1992, but not to current levels- cell phones and portable computers are okay (if a bit clunky); smartphones probably no (unless you are a tech character and built it yourself, no universal internet/Youtube/social media. Bass City does have cable TV though (including MTV).

2. Characters are PL8, built on 120 points. BUT stats start at base -1, not 0, except for 1 stat at 0 (so effectively 14 points short if you want 'normal' stats).

3. Skills a re capped at 8 ranks (+ base stat) for normal use (instead of total PL +10). Skills can be raised above this if bought as powers (but don't go nuts).

4. Game is set at the Green Creek (public) school- the fancy rival school (as yet unseen in game, but mentioned in passing) is Sigfreid's School of Supernatural Excellence.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Interesting. I might throw my interest into the mix.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Howdy.

Do I need to do anything to get Meghan ready?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So here is what I am considering:

1. Stick with AJ, but shift her a bit more towards the brain/tech end. Functionally, she produces a bit of that alien energy, and has converted some tech (which was found, forgotten, amongst her mother's effects, left over from the original alien ship. most powers shifted to a Device, added more brainpower.

2. Empath/telekinetic- very girl-y Goth. She is actually better with TK, but other kids (and adults) are more wary of mentalists in general. Social skills and advantages are stronger/more practiced than Powers.

3. Low end teleporter, amateur criminal- she was the young sidekick to a minor villain (with a mystic 'angle'), who was (or was pretending to be) her father. When he was incarcerated, she was treated more as a victim than a willing conspirator- but she has a bad reputation and a bit of "moral flexibility" and a snarky attitude.

>I was considering a Claire Bennet/Cheervorine type, but I'm not sure about getting it to work...
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

This sounds interesting. Is there a deadline for submissions?