Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MrTweedy

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by MrTweedy »

Ok, I am afraid that I will be away till Monday, but I will try sort a post when I get back. If anyone else wants to take their test, it just follows the rules discussed earlier (easy dexterity check to catch the item, resilience used to deal with the weight difference if there is any). Please feel free to get creative with the items dropped if you do choose to post. Sorry for the delay.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

What about folks who are not strong? Sarah's Str is 3.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Assuming she catches the item (o ly need a 4 to do so) then she will have 1 point of damabge to deal with using her resilience. The full details on it are on the ptevious page. If abyone needs help I'll try and sort it when I get back.
Last edited by MrTweedy on Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah has two concerns, getting flattened (she doesn't realize how strong she is) and getting her clothes ruffled (she's not "properly dressed" for athletics). I'll see if I can post that without needing the GM to do all the NPC dialog.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Should I be going ahead with my Dex check, since Sarah is "one of the last to go" and I haven't done Vil's test yet?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It's been like dragging cats to the vet's to have teeth pulled.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

One of the last still isn't last :P

Also don't forget maya kinda flooded the immediate area with several hundred gallons of water. Of course the water would all flow away, but still, it's a thing that happened.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

CaptainKaulu and Hawk, please sort the rolls for your tests as soon as you can. The order doesn't matter so long as everyone gets a turn.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

A washing machine? O_O That could have killed someone lacking the means to catching or survive the impact xD

Lucky thing Maya could. :P (or maybe better to say, lucky she has the means to catch heavy things. If I'd failed the roll, the object probably would have been a bit more reasonable in its dimensions that it coudl land on her without causing too much harm :P)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

MrTweedy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:43 pm CaptainKaulu and Hawk, please sort the rolls for your tests as soon as you can. The order doesn't matter so long as everyone gets a turn.
Mine is up, sorry about the delay. As this experience/school is new to him, I have been playing him as reserved/guarded when a lot of eyes are upon him. I have tried to be more open/personable in one on one situations, but if I am slowing us up, please let me know and I will adjust. :)
I am enjoying the game so far, and I like to read all of your characters posts. :D
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Dexterity check: 1d20 5
Strength check: 1d20+9 17

Probably the strongest in the whole class, but will probably fail the test due to flubbing Dexterity ...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I think a 5 is what you needed. I don't think Str checks were required. Was there going to be an IC post for Vil or did you just want the GM to narrate it?
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Pretty sure strength is just a matter of if you can carry the weight you catch and carry capacity is not a rolled thing.

You might wanna make an actual post though ;)
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Well the washing machine is more of a mangled remain than a full thing (a conveniently a none lethal size). I may or may not be stealing ideas from the robot wars drop zone (turns out there's not many things that spring to mind when it comes to dropping stuff on people).

There is no need for a strength check in this case, as your strength rank and modifiers will already decide whether you can hold up the item of not.

Hawk, your dexterity check means you catch your item, and your strength means you take no damage. Can you please edit your post to represent this, and you can also choose what is dropped on you for the narrative.

CaptainKaulu, 5 is exactly what you needed to catch your item, so you are totally fine there, and of course your strength is more than enough to hold the item in the air. If you can get a post in the ic soon to represent this, I will get us into the next test.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

MrTweedy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 pm Well the washing machine is more of a mangled remain than a full thing (a conveniently a none lethal size). I may or may not be stealing ideas from the robot wars drop zone (turns out there's not many things that spring to mind when it comes to dropping stuff on people).

There is no need for a strength check in this case, as your strength rank and modifiers will already decide whether you can hold up the item of not.

Hawk, your dexterity check means you catch your item, and your strength means you take no damage. Can you please edit your post to represent this, and you can also choose what is dropped on you for the narrative.

CaptainKaulu, 5 is exactly what you needed to catch your item, so you are totally fine there, and of course your strength is more than enough to hold the item in the air. If you can get a post in the ic soon to represent this, I will get us into the next test.
Will do.