Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hawk

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Open)

Post by Hawk »

MrTweedy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:24 am For the band it is mostly standard marching-type instruments (drums, trumpets etc), the school does have music lessons as a thing, but there is always the option of stuff like trying to join/start a band etc.
Joining/starting a band, while cool, would be something that he would wait on until he felt more comfortable with his playing skill to be increased. Music lessons will be where he focuses some of his time/effort. But it would be secondary to the technology interest. He is practical enough to realize that there is where he has a better chance of a job/ career when he graduates.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Feel free to play off these ideas!

A few characters ideas. I've been playing with some of them for a while, so may be inspired by something forgotten rather than truly original.

Fellow students:
Jamie Jamison: During first date, turned into a goo. Can only keep a shape through concentration. Happily mentored/adopted by a martial arts master. Lives in a bucket. Can look like anyone and happily, hopelessly gender confused.

The Hundred Handed: Greek/Italian student, aoe selective low power telekinesis that looks like well.. a hundred hands. Optionally: grabby

The Ultimate Basement: Gamer? Stoner? Stoner gamer? Player? Has created a microdimension and made the ultimate hangout.

Geek.. but not?: typical pencil neck geek. Doesn't know as much as people think. Instead, he has low level telepathic reading to know what people around him think. If nobody around him knows something, he won't either.

See Food Diet: Able to safely eat anything, toxic waste, homework, gym socks. Morbidly obese and wants to change. But one of the few places that people can put dangerous materials safely.

The Influencer: She's able to make people feel what she's feeling towards what she's feeling it about. Unfortunately, she has really low self esteem.

Mr Splat: Comically unlucky guy with the ability to (near) instantly regenerate from any wound. Death just takes a while longer.

Teacher and adults:

Wounded Super Soldier: biology teacher, wounded (wheelchair bound) vet involved in a super soldier program. Involved in the community. Boy scout.

Kappa: balding, most skin, looks like a turtle. Rumor says that if he bends over too far, his brains will roll out

The former partner: Meghan's father's partner comes out of the woodwork to recruit her to train her as a hero, but may not have the best intentions.

The real evil stepfather: Meghan's (not) mother has found a new guy, that is secretly a super villain. Not sure how to work in an element of Meghan and the man not knowing about each other.

Organizations:

First Action: photogenic models doing heroic things, training the youth of today to be the heroes of tomorrow. Sort of a ROTC meets Boy Scouts meets Jr Police Academy

'The cult': Using typical cult behaviors, like social isolation and love bombing, to recruit lonely and outsider powered teens. Tanya may or may not be a recruiter.

Our Lord Christ, the superhero: a church pops up worshipping supers and offers ordeals to make people manifest powers

Kannibal Krew: an organization pops up, thinking to harvest abilities for their own uses.

Anyway, just a few ideas. I'm happy to discuss!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Hawk, that's fair. If you want to talk to the band etc you are still welcome to, otherwise you can continue to talk to the guy at the tech club or find the others or something else entirely.

One thing I will say for everyone is if you want you may look into joining a second group/society. Now as you'll have other stuff going on with lessons, homework and the various scrapes teenagers get into in these kind of games it will be limited in the interactions, but if anyone does want to look into a secondary interest they can do. I'd probably recommend something that several team members may be interested in that you can do together. There are the usual basic societies such as christian society, young leaders, dnd club (yes I can do ALL the meta) and a few other sports teams. You've also got some of the more obscure stuff like non-human society, art club (super edition of course), honour society, computer club drama, school paper etc. You'd also hear snippets in the crowd here and there of 'secret' societies for activities the school doesn't necessarily condone. Ultimately it's up to you guys how you spend your time out of classes but at the same time I don't want to overload you with stuff to do.

Captain Chaos, can you do me a coercion check please?

Flynnarrel I'll also need a negotiations check from you please.

Spectrum, some great character and organisation concepts here! You may well see some of these here and there in the game :)
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'll try to get something up tomorrow- today was Not Good.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Pathfinder, hope things are getting better, and don't worry about post rates etc, currently it seems to be moving along smoothly.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hey- jmucchiello, I reached out to you in scene. Up to you if you want to have Sarah notice it No pressure!
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I thought we were outside
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Okiedoke, probably someone that just looks like Sarah.. or Meghan forgetting what Sarah looks like today. :)
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

That's probably a more amusing line to pursue. "Oh, I met Alice, yesterday. She looked just like you did yesterday. Or may you looked like her."
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Sorry, to clarify you guys are currently all outside.

I have also updated the NPC list just in case anyone needs a recap.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Flynnarrel, it'll probably take a little to work around the area, but you'd spot John sat by the building near the carpark.

pathfinderq1, on the roof you will probably be able to at least hear the pair if they talk as you are very close where you are.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

MrTweedy- I think that I've been missing the last couple of posts, are you waiting for me? If so, I apologize, I thought that I had last.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Spectrum, sorry! I thought I'd got it written but I must have deleted it, I will add it in.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

CaptainChaos, besides the other potential clubs I have mentioned in passing/the others have visited, is there anything specific that Audrey would be looking for?
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Interesting question. Audrey doesn't have much athletic ability so sports are probably not a good idea. Although something like volleyball might work. For martial arts, would it typically be for students that have experience or taken lessons? Otherwise, maybe drama club, or she could try skating.