Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainKaulu

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Finished working on Vil. Made him a freshman instead of a sophomore, used up his last few points, etc.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'll have JD be an older 15, turning 16 in a few months. I've had first-hand testimony that a small, highly religious community like the one JD grew up in (in Alabama) will commonly de-emphasize standardized education and start kids late when home/community schooling.

It'd be awesome for us all to start as Freshman together.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So starting 15, but still a freshman? Just to clarify.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Starting at 15 as a freshman is possible. Your birthday falling on the wrong side of the cutoff date can do that. Having a family that moves around a lot can also result in delayed admission for some earlier grade. I think I set at 15 because I was expecting to be a Sophomore. But I can pull her back a year.

MrTweedy, Approximately what year is it, aside from the 90s. I want to know what boy bands she should be into: Backstreet Boys or 'N Sync. :) (Oo, I'd totally forgotten 98 Degrees, New Edition, Boyz II Men, ...)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:51 pm Starting at 15 as a freshman is possible. Your birthday falling on the wrong side of the cutoff date can do that. Having a family that moves around a lot can also result in delayed admission for some earlier grade. I think I set at 15 because I was expecting to be a Sophomore. But I can pull her back a year.

MrTweedy, Approximately what year is it, aside from the 90s. I want to know what boy bands she should be into: Backstreet Boys or 'N Sync. :) (Oo, I'd totally forgotten 98 Degrees, New Edition, Boyz II Men, ...)
John would probably be into the grunge era, or 80's metal, Led Zepplin is always cool.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

That is a boy thing. :) My girl had a beauty blog (since tech is advanced compared to our 90s). And now she can't really do it because her face changes every time she uses her powers. Otherwise I'd do the "cool" girl being into punk.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Oh, yeah, so we know each other for the most part. Who grew up in the area and knows one another since grade school and who is new to the area?

Sarah has lived in the area all of her life. Are any of you her friends because her first day of school is going to be hard for her. Her face has changed since most of her classmates have seen her.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maya is kind of an adventurous one. She's lived in the area all her life with her aunt, uncle and cousin (mainly in case her father does come back so he can find them).

I figure while impatient, she's also big sisterly, so for someone like Sarah, who seems unable to maintain a single form, she may have actually suggested something like a visual signature, a scarf or a arm band or something she always wears, something unique so people would know its her.

Maya fits in with the popular crowd without much effort. She's got the looks and athleticism to be a cheerleader but she doesn't have that terminal cliqueness that group tends to have. Not so much that she is above it or anything, it's just not her. Surfing is her passion and surfing is not a team sport, but surfing culture tends to be very social, competitive and fun loving. (of course, you get jerks like you do in most social circles)
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Maybe Erin knows Sarah and attended a few classes with her but as they are sort of part of different cliques, its doubtful they're close. Besides last Erin heard, Sarah ran off in the Pineys during the KISS concert to become one of their roadies.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah is a fashionista and she was probably a popular girl too. She already has the signature look down. Her problem is she mutated over the summer. Only her friends are aware she changes before school starts. It will take some getting use to by the faculty, let alone the students. But now she's a bundle of nerves about whether she can stay with the popular kids.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Oh, and people know she "died". A smalltown girl gets killed everybody knows about it.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD is new to both town and school. He and his uncle moved here over the summer when his uncle transferred to the nearby Army base. They moved here for this school.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John is new to both the school and town. His family moved there six weeks ago.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

I think that the year will be 1996, so most technology etc will e available in varying degrees.

I'd also say that it's probably best that a student isn't a grad, as you guys will still have the same power levels etc. A year above is fine, but that's probably as high as I'd push it.

CaptainKaulu, that all looks good to me! Who else am I waiting on to finish their character currently? There's still no rush, it's just so I know which will need checking.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:07 am That is a boy thing. :) My girl had a beauty blog (since tech is advanced compared to our 90s). And now she can't really do it because her face changes every time she uses her powers. Otherwise I'd do the "cool" girl being into punk.
Maybe that is what pushes her towards punk?.