Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MrTweedy

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by MrTweedy »

Sorry for the delay folks, I should have a post for you tomorrow or Monday.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Spectrum, if you want you cant do an insight check to see if you can gauge peoples relative strength compared to your own.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Okiedoke! Here's a few so that I won't know if I'm accurate or not.
: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24
1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26
1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20
1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26
1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13

And hopefully, I didn't push the envelope of high school reality too far with that last post.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I have a gaming convention this coming weekend so my posting will be slower until after Monday.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Spectrum, you don't need to do multiple rolls for insight check. With the first one, you can tell that the power level ranges massively in this school. In your year you feel like your guys are in the higher end of strength, but are still weaker than many of the older students.

Also just to clarify, on the way back to the assembly hall, what is the initial plan for sneaking in there? You passed by the big double doors to the hall but haven't seen anything else of it yet.

jmucchiello, unlucky with the skill check, unfortunately the teacher spots you (I was about to ask for a stealth roll so lucky coincidence).

CaptainKaulu you do spot Sarah trying to leave.

I'll sort the ic post when I know what Spectrum's plan is and/or I'm out of work.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

MrTweedy- without more detail, my response is going to be pretty vague.

One of the big questions is what is the general tone of using abilities in school? Is this a Xmen Evolution where Toad can be swinging from the rafters at school? Or is this something more laid back and sedate? Would it be grounds for punishment if one of the students was flying around? Using teke to carry around their books?

If things are more sedate, then Meghan would just walk in and to be part of the herd.

If things are more permissive, I'm picturing using the shadows and that people don't look up to find a nice place among the rafters, ninja style. Hanging out with the cool bat kids.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Short answer is, what is the most thrill inducing way to handle it and she'll push for it.

MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

jmucchiello, sorry but with the stealth check, you have been spotted by the teacher trying to leave. Unfortunately you will have to edit your ic posts to represent that.

Spectrum, you have seen a few displays of power here and there throughout the morning (AJ flying for example, a few students showing off by producing fire, that kind of thing). The general feel is if a power is functional or cool, then people are happy enough to use it in a casual situation. If you want to look for another way into the hall without using the door, an investigation check will give you some options, but it will take time ic to search for an alternative.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Why would I edit my post? They got away clean. Until they didn't. The dialog happened and then the teacher busted them.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I guess that I'm still lacking any kind of description of the room that Meghan is entering.

For example, my rather small high school (600 seniors) had four large gathering places:

The band room that was in a separate building that was about 300 feet away from any other building.

The gym that had several outside exits, at least two sets of double doors to the rest of the building, and ways through the locker rooms.

A study room that was set up like an amphitheater, two sets of double doors to the ground floor, another two to the second level.

A theater that had two double doors to the main building, a separate single door that lead up to the AV area and no clue how many doors behind the stage.

Also, why is the door unavailable? Is it creaky and won't open? Is it obvious that the door is opening to everybody on the inside?

Sorry, not getting a great concept of the layout to give a good way of dealing with it.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

jmucchiello, the dialogue happened because it was posted before I had time to post the response to the stealth check (in which you got a six). You would edit it, because the gm has asked you to. Sarah did not sneak past them. If you read the ic post you will see that it is a teacher who is moving the students into the assembly hall. They do not just appear.

Spectrum, unfortunately Meghan hasn't seen inside of the assembly hall before, so they are going to be working of 90% guesswork in this case. The door is absolutely available if you want to go straight in, I was offering the investigation check in case you wanted to look for another way in by taking some time to scout out that part of the school a bit.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Posted. I'm still not sure if I'm giving you the response that you're looking for but still trying to get more information.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

MrTweedy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:46 pm jmucchiello, the dialogue happened because it was posted before I had time to post the response to the stealth check (in which you got a six). You would edit it, because the gm has asked you to. Sarah did not sneak past them. If you read the ic post you will see that it is a teacher who is moving the students into the assembly hall. They do not just appear.
All of that was from Sarah's point of view. She didn't see the teacher and she thought she got away clean. All IC posts I make are filtered through Sarah's senses. She can and will be wrong often.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Sorry guys, I've decided that I am going to have to step away from the computer for a bit. Work is ramping up and I have less time in the day to do stuff like pbp's. I genuinely apologise to anyone who feels like their time has been wasted, and for the record I have had a blast gm'ing for you all. I would really like to keep running the game, but ultimately real life comes first. If anyone does want to take over as gm of the game, feel free to and I am more than happy to pass across any of the ideas I had for the upcoming story etc. In the mean time, I wish you all the best and hope that you all had fun for the time that the game lasted.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Good Luck Mr Tweedy. I understand, real life comes first. It has been fun gaming with all of you.