[OOC] – M&M 3e – A New Heaven and New Earth - Game Halted

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: [OOC] – M&M 3e – A New Heaven and New Earth

Post by Spectrum »

No questions for me? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries. I'll be busy this weekend so won't get much posting done Friday night to Sunday afternoon.
Camus

Re: [OOC] – M&M 3e – A New Heaven and New Earth - (Recruiting Complete!)

Post by Camus »

Supernaturalist wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:44 am Camus,

In my previous post I sort of indirectly asked about Sahir's occupation/ job status. I do need to have some idea about what he is doing as far as work. Is he a professor, doctor, scientist? The more details the better as I'm on the verge of putting the first IC posts.

mrdent12,

I plan on starting everyone on their own relatively separate story with the intent of bringing them together eventually. I just don't want anyone to get to far ahead (or behind) of everyone else.

-S
So he does not have expertise medicine, he can treat people based on his biological knowledge.
I imagine him being a scientist working at a university
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:25 am No questions for me? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
There may be some questions forthcoming. I'm new at this GM gig. ;) Your background story has provided me with a lot of info already. Of course, I may PM you from time to time in order to clarify something about your backstory or to 'flesh out' details.
Supernaturalist

Spectrum wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:25 am No questions for me? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Haha, you spoke too soon. I do have just a couple of requests: 1) Could you put the power point costs beside your purchased powers. It helps when I scrutinize the total costs. Also, I have a question about your Advantage, Favored Foe:Wealthy. It's pretty broad and it's also somewhat difficult to define. Is there any way you could make it more specific?

Also, I do encourage players to scrutinize the pp costs of each other's builds. If you want you can PM if you think there are discrepancies
in the costs of someone else's build. At that point I can notify the player. This saves me time and helps speed up the pre-game process.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Would Favored foe: trendy? fashion forward? politically correct? be better?

Being able to show proper manners to those that are obscenely wealthy enough for one of her highest quality creations?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So which do you think would make for a better story, I'm having a hard time deciding...

She either:
A. is already known as an up and coming young designer and becoming a successful business woman
B. has lots of cute eight legged friends that she chats with regularly.

Thank you!
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Why not both? Designers are known for eccentricities so she could be a hot designer who just happens to talk with spiders.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Because I only have so many pp? ;)
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

True dat, but looks like your build has all the stuff needed for both.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Points have been added. Still trying to find a better descriptor for the favored foe.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

What are you going for with it? Stuck up rich, spoiled rich, etc or atleast acting rich to the point it is believable since I assume she doesn't have access to their financial statements.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

A really good question, very good.

See! This is why questions are good about trying to work out the fiddily little bits about personalities.
Supernaturalist

I sent everyone a PM, please let me know if you have any issues.
Supernaturalist

I'm basically ready to kick things off. There's just few of minor things I wanted to mention before putting up the initial post. First, please give me some feedback on the die-rolling site when you get an opportunity. Hopefully, you won't experience the problems that Spectrum did.

Next, deals specifically with Camus' background. Since Safir is a scientist doing research, I'd like to place him as an employee at the Centers for Disease Control. It's right next to Emory University (with which it affiliates) in downtown Atlanta. The CDC is part of the federal gov't and that would obviously make you a federal employee. I'd also like to assume that he is a lecturer at Emory University in both the Biomedical Engineering and Biological Science departments. I want to run this by you, Camus. It's your character and I don't want to railroad you. It's just that I needed a little more specific info before starting the story.

Lastly, my plan is to put up the initial post with general information as well as a character-specific narrative in the morning. I'll have had a good nights sleep (and coffee :) ) by that point. Camus, if you don't like my assumptions about your background, I can retcon some things...no big deal.