[OOC] – M&M 3e – A New Heaven and New Earth - Game Halted

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: [OOC] – M&M 3e – A New Heaven and New Earth

Post by Spectrum »

Railroading, no. Confusion, yes :)

I am having a ton of fun reading the rest of the game, lots of very interesting stuff is going on. But, it's more of a passive reading. If it makes any sense, enjoying the story without feeling a part of the story?

With that, I'm very curious on what we can do to find a happier medium between our two styles. What are you looking for from me so that you can enjoy the story too? Ultimately, games aren't successful when either party isn't enjoying games. What are you looking for from players and what are you looking to provide in turn?

How can we more effectively communicate through the game?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Before someone asks, yes, its +3 rather than +8 for toughness.

What kind of lunatic sits around their house watching television in body armor?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Who doesnt? Body armour is quite comfortable nowadays.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Spectrum wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:43 pm Railroading, no. Confusion, yes :)

I am having a ton of fun reading the rest of the game, lots of very interesting stuff is going on. But, it's more of a passive reading. If it makes any sense, enjoying the story without feeling a part of the story?

With that, I'm very curious on what we can do to find a happier medium between our two styles. What are you looking for from me so that you can enjoy the story too? Ultimately, games aren't successful when either party isn't enjoying games. What are you looking for from players and what are you looking to provide in turn?

How can we more effectively communicate through the game?
For the record, I think things are fine. I intend for characters to "have a story"' before they ever meet. I realize that can be done in the background section of character creation, but I wanted the characters to have development before they ever meet.

Sometimes "railroading" is unavoidable. If I intend to have the players come together in support of one another, then I have to make it happen in the narrative. I do intend for that to happen, but it will take a little time to develop. I don't want to say too much more for fear of giving away things to come.

I'm enjoying the game so far. It's a little challenging running three different, independent story-lines, but I knew it would be from the beginning. That''s why I only took 3 players. :D It's part of the reason it takes me a little longer to post. I'm hoping that I can do it quicker when you group up, but no promises. ;)

If I have any concerns or suggestions, I'll contact you via PM. If you have specific ones, then use the PM please. Otherwise, I'm mostly pleased with player engagement.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Bringing together PC's in a PbP setting is always a bit slow and requires a bit of railroading as PC's on their own are unpredictable. It's why most PbP games start by saying PC's all know each other or are all in the same place for some reason when the game starts. That's said, I am cool with playing out the before meeting as well.
Supernaturalist

Just wanted to let you know that I'm a little ill (cold or flu or something). I've taken off work for a couple of days, but I'll be somewhat drugged-up and sleeping for a large portion of it. I'm still waiting for Camus to post as well. I'll post when I'm feeling better.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Get to feeling better!
Supernaturalist

I'll be posting tomorrow. This upcoming post will be to Spectrum and mrdent12.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries mate. Prepping for a job interview tonight, so will be busy
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Supernaturalist- I have a message waiting in your mailbox. No rush but would like response so that my next post makes sense. :)
Supernaturalist

I have issued a PM back to you, Spectrum. Hang in there...as they say in Monty Python's The Holy Grail..."She's not quite dead!".
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Can I spend an hero point and/or my free power point to enhance the studio?

I don't have books with me to do a breakdown now but probably involves lethal traps.
Supernaturalist

I just sent you another PM. Yes, we can negotiate an edit scene. If you decide to go that option, let''s do it through PM.
Supernaturalist

I'll be home late tonight, so I probably won't get posts up until tomorrow.
Supernaturalist

I haven't heard from Camus in a while, so I hope he's ok. I'll be travelling during the Thanksgiving period, but I'll still have access to a PC. Let me know if anyone has any cares, comments, or concerns. ;)