Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hero4hire

Re: Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (IC)

Post by Hero4hire »

The heroes gather upon the rooftop near the hovering vehicle with only Speeding Bullet remaining unnoticed. Grease Monkey can tell the craft definitely of Earthly origin as he recognizes some of the component parts manufactured by WayneTech, KordCo & LexCorp. He also can tell it is heavily armored and sports heavy (but fairly mundane) armament.

Besides the open door and "hacked" access panel there is a distinct lack of any active security alarms.
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

Ninkyo cocks his head to the side as he watches the gorilla inspect the craft. Hadn't he seen him before on the TV? Wal...Walton, Walter...Wallace, perhaps? Considering his fame and general demeanor he doubted the great ape had nefarious purposes here.

"In which case..."
Chogokin wrote:Grease Monkey

The large, armored form in question hurtles through space toward the S.T.A.R. Labs building, dipping below the rooftop before a line rockets out, attaching itself to the tip of one of the dark towers protruding from the top of the roof. With a heave, the being sails over the roof, rolling as it lands to bleed off some momentum before springing to its feet. As it stands, it reveals itself to be, of all things, a gorilla wearing power armor. He takes a last puff on the stub of a cigar, before dropping it and grinding it out on the rooftop.

OOC: Grease Monkey will attempt to observe the hover tank, and see if his knowledge of Engineering and Technology tell him anything interesting. If there's time. Engineering, Technology: 1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31
1D20+11 = [12]+11 = 23
Ninkyo deactivates the Moon Tattoo and walks towards the great ape. "I take it you're also investigating the presence of this ship?"
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Chill
"Okay, a lot more supers here than I expected. Any of you with tech skills have any suggestions on how to disable this large hovercraft without making it crash down on the roof hard? First part of stopping a robbery like this is making sure their main form of getaway is disable."
Ken

Post by Ken »

(Speeding Bullet)

The minscule Kandorian flew to where his best guess said the hovercraft's centre of gravity was, and used his X-Ray vision to check if an internal strut was present.

The Speeding Bullet adjusted his voice into what Kal-El would probably consider "super shout" range. For Speeding Bullet, it would make his voice audible by these humans. And the furry one.

"Yes, investigating this ship," he called out, "And since you lot don't build you aircraft out of that heavy, yellow-ish metal*, I can ensure a soft landing for it, if someone wants to disable it. Or at least verify that those spinning parts are the parts I should target."

* - See "Superman" #233 vol. 1, 2nd story, "Jor-El's Golden Folly"
Last edited by Ken on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

"Investigating the ship is well and all, but..." Ninkyo glances at the opened door apprehensively. "Shouldn't we be heading down there? Giving whoever brought this thing here and broke open the door more time to steal or take whatever it is they came here for seems ill-advised."
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Thunderbolt
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: None.

Swung over the lip of the building as Chill moved into position, a cigar chewing Gorilla in power armor, a shadowed ninja, and now a micro man? Even for metropolis, this was some weird $h!t. He turned towards the shadowed ninja, "Thing is, we don't know who we're dealing with, we leave them an escape route we give them the opportunity to evade us down there, and get away with their objective." He turned to the others, "Way I see it, we disable their hover vehicle, me and ninja-boy head in get ahead of their team, flush them back up towards the rest of you."

With that, he with drew the bow from it's magnetic coupling on his back, the arms snapped into place, a quivering beam of blue-ish plasma connecting the two arms, and the capacitor module floating between them, ready to be primed. "Time to track, stalk, and flush the targets," he plunged down the stairwell, looked over his shoulder towards Kazuo, "You coming?"
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Speeding Bullet announces his presence and after some difficulty, you spot the tiny flying person. He uses his X-Ray vision on the craft to find it is protected by some sort of refractive coating which his vision cannot penetrate...Almost as if someone specifically protected it from something like "X-Ray vision".

OOC: Speeding Bullet gets a Hero Point for the complication.
Anyone following Thunderbolt? He specifically called for Ninkyo, but I need to know who goes, who stays, and if anyone is "messing" with the craft.
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

ZenGypsy wrote:Thunderbolt
Conditions: None.

Swung over the lip of the building as Chill moved into position, a cigar chewing Gorilla in power armor, a shadowed ninja, and now a micro man? Even for metropolis, this was some weird $h!t. He turned towards the shadowed ninja, "Thing is, we don't know who we're dealing with, we leave them an escape route we give them the opportunity to evade us down there, and get away with their objective." He turned to the others, "Way I see it, we disable their hover vehicle, me and ninja-boy head in get ahead of their team, flush them back up towards the rest of you."

With that, he with drew the bow from it's magnetic coupling on his back, the arms snapped into place, a quivering beam of blue-ish plasma connecting the two arms, and the capacitor module floating between them, ready to be primed. "Time to track, stalk, and flush the targets," he plunged down the stairwell, looked over his shoulder towards Kazuo, "You coming?"
"Right behind you." Ninkyo says before activating the Moon Tattoo, vanishing from sight as he does so.

Ninja-boy? Really? I'll wager I'm older than he is. Kazuo grumbles to himself as he heads down the stairwell with the archer.

OOC: Looking for villains (Perception): 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hero4hire wrote:Almost as if someone specifically protected it from something like "X-Ray vision".
OOC: In Metropolis? Who'd of thunk? :)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Chogokin

Post by Chogokin »

Nodding at the assembled, colorfully clad humans - and loud insect thing? - Grease Monkey replies, "Good plan! This vessel is apparently Earthly in origin, built from off-the-shelf components and armed with conventional weaponry. I can probably deal with any alarms, traps, or remote control systems, but I wouldn't mind some company." So saying, he'll attempt to enter the vehicle.

OOC: As the vehicle hasn't opened fire, Grease Monkey will assume it is not piloted, and will look for a hatch or similar entrance. He will cautiously attempt to open any such portal, keeping alert for some sort of alarm system.

Technology: 1D20+11 = [18]+11 = 29
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Rooftop:
As soon as Grease Monkey hops onto the vehicle to open the hatch the hovercrafts turbines whine and the vehicle accelerates with a "woooosh".

OOC
Grease Monkey can make a Strength or Acrobatics DC 20 to stay on if he wishes.

Stairwell
Ninkyo and Thunderbolt creep down the metal stairs. Thunderbolt catches a crackle of light several flights below. The only warning before the stairs electrify!

OOC
Ninkyo unless you have Uncanny Dodge make a Dodge save at half your Bonus vs DC 20.
Thunderbolt you also need a Dodge vs DC 20
If Failed make a Toughness vs DC 25 if successful DC is DC 20

Everyone can now roll for Initiative
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

Ninkyo almost hears the stairs electrify before he sees the arcing electricity, the sound of crackling and buzzing filling his ears as he leaps back to avoid the shock, but fails.

OOC: Just posting Ninkyo's reaction to the stair's getting electrified. He succeeded on his dodge roll, but failed his toughness check.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Chill
HP: 1 LP: 1 Condition: Fine
"Aww, crud. Figures the vehicle is booby-trapped." Forming an ice slide, she tries to take off after the hovercraft to see if she can help the wayward gorilla hero.

OOC: Initiative check: Initiative: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
Last edited by Psistrike on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Thunderbolt
Conditions: Bruise.

As electricity arced through the stairwell, Birch threw himself forwards, towards the landing, and almost made it, but not before the numbing electricity arced through his body, slamming him again the wall, dazing him.

"Uuurgh!"
OOC: A Dodge check to start us off, Dodge Check vs DC 20: 1D20+14 = [6]+14 = 20, whew! Just barely, now a Toughness check, Toughness check vs DC 20: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19. So close, a Bruise. Also note to self, purchase Evasion! And now Initiative ... Initiative Check; STAR Labs stairwell: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18.
Chogokin

Post by Chogokin »

Letting out a surprised howl, Grease Monkey tries to grab on for dear life!

Strength: 1D20+12 = [6]+12 = 18

But sadly, he doesn't manage to find a handhold, and slips off the hull of the hovercraft!