Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Chogokin

Re: Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (IC)

Post by Chogokin »

Grease Monkey
HP: 1
Condition: Unharmed

Fear of falling is an ancient emotion, far-predating the primate brain. Grease Monkey can't suppress a grimace of panic as he tumbles into open space. Then he remembers what he built his suit to do. A line shoots out from one armored gauntlet, adhering to the S.T.A.R. Labs building and converting his plunge into a smooth upward arc. Catching site of the snow pile below, he waves to Chill, saying "Thanks for the thought, but I'm a beast of the urban jungle!"

He will make his way back to the top of the building. Noting the hover craft's retreat, he grumbles to himself, "It'll be back... and then I'll get another shot!"

ooc
Top of the round, hover craft is up next
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Initiative Count
Hovercraft 24
Brutale 20 Bruise 1
Thunderbolt 18 Bruise 2, Dazed
Chill 18
Speeding Bullet 16
Stallion 15
Trigger Twin One 14
Trigger Twin Two 14
Ninkyo 13 Bruise 1
Electrocutioner 10 Bruise 1
Grease Monkey 9
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Rooftop

As Grease Monkey predicted, the Hovercraft did come back. The all black vehicle crested some nearby buildings, almost invisible against the night sky. Its VTOL engines making a barely audible whooshing sound. Twin Mounted Machine Guns opened fire upon Grease Monkey and Chill; strafing the two heroes with a hailstorm of deadly bullets. THWIP THWIP THWIP The roof exploded with a dust-storm of debris where each bullet hit. The vehicle then moves out of sight.

Multiattack on both Grease Monkey and Chill. Grease Monkey is hit with a Critical Success and Must make a toughness vs DC 26
Chill takes a normal hit for DC 21 vs toughness. The attacks are obviously Armor Piercing rounds and do Penetrating Damage and are Silenced with Subtle 1.
The Pilot of the Hovercraft uses Move-by action to move out of line of sight.

Stairwell
Brutale slowly pulls two large knives from his collection of blades, letting the grating metal on metal sounds echo through the stair. He holds his two blades before him. "I think I take my time with you Freak...Cut you up real nice. Bleed you slow." the villain starting making slow deliberate steps, circling Ninkyo.

Brutale uses Initimidate to attempt to Demoralize Ninkyo.
Unless he has Fearless, Ninkyo must make a Will or Insight check DC 23. If he fails he is -2 to all checks. If he fails by 4 degrees he is -5 to all checks. Brutale then closes into Melee range.
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

Though he has been in many and similar situations before, the former yakuza can not help but feel intimidated by the freakish villain before him. Perhaps it is the costume, perhaps it is the way he plays with his blades...nevertheless, a twinge of fear races through Ninkyo.

OOC: Failed by 1. :?
Will roll to resist intimidation: 1D20+12 = [10]+12 = 22
Chogokin

Post by Chogokin »

Grease Monkey
HP: 1
Condition: (Still) Unharmed

Grease Monkey flings up an arm as he is engulfed by a hail of bullets.

Toughness: 1D20+12 = [20]+12 = 32

The projectiles spatter off his armor plates like rain. Wincing in anticipation of the damage, Grease Monkey looks down at himself, gobstruck by his good fortune...
Last edited by Chogokin on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Chill
HP: 1 LP: 1
Conditions: Fine

Chill feels the bullets hit but her paranormal durability makes them feel like nothing more than a petulant child swatting at her. "Cheap shot and then you run away, so help me when that hovercraft gets in range again I'm freezing its engines."

OOC: Toughness check: Toughness: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Thunderbolt
Hero Points: None.
Conditions: Bruised x2, Dazed.

As lightning arc'd from the Electrocutioner's gloves to his rib cage Birch screamed, the electricity constricted his chest like a vise, and he felt a tightening clutching pain. He fought through the pain, found he was on his knees, looked up at the villain, a rictus smile on his lips, "Shot through the heart," a cough, a sputter, "'and you're to blame," he raised his bow, "'cutey, you give crime ... a bad name!"

And with that said, he raised the plasma bow holding it horizontally, and plucked the string in rapid succession, sending a series of bluish-white bolts slamming into his opponent from near point blank range.
OOC: Switching my array to Neural Disruption in an attempt to get some breathing room while I am Dazed, and since my opponent did an All Out Attack and should be theoretically easier to hit, I am going to Power Attack for the full -5 Accuracy & +5 Effect. Full Power Attack on Electrocutioner; Neural Disruption DC 21 Will Check if successful: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11. %$^#%!! Yeah, ok, the dice roller hates me! Going to take H4H's house-ruled Hero Point & re-roll, because this will be bad if 'cutey gets another shot on me, and if I lose, I will never live it down. Hero Point Re-Roll - Full Power Attack on Electrocutioner; Neural Disruption DC 21 Will Check: 1D20+9 = [7]+9 = 16. Due to HP rules, the base roll is under 10, so we add 10 to the result. Giving me a 26. Due to Multiattack, if his Dodge is 5 or less (After All Out Attack), that is three Degrees of Success, DC 26 Will, if his dodge is 10 or less (After All Out Attack), that's two Degrees & DC 23 Will Check. Dazed, Vulnerable for 1st Degree Failure, Stunned, Defenseless for 2nd degree.

And I get to eat a GM-inflicted complication, this could still get ugly!
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Stairwell:
Energy bolt after energy bolt slammed point blank into Electrocutioner. The villain fell to the floor spasming as all of his synapses began to misfire at once.

It was then Thunderbolt noticed...the electrical discharge must have disrupted his visor's Heads Up Display and Targeting system.

ooc
Electrocutioner is Stunned and Defenseless.
Visor is broken until "repaired".
Chill is up.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Chill
HP: 2 LP: 1
Conditions: Fine

Keeping an eye out for the hovercraft, Chill made her way back to the STAR labs building roof. Wanting to catch the whole gang and hoping these other heroes were at least as trained as her, she took point on the rooftop and waiting for the hovercraft to return, waiting to blast its engines. "Let's see you try a hit and run with your engines offline."

OOC: Ready action to attack Hovercraft when it appears within range again.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

ooc
Speeding Bullet is up.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Speeding Bullet
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

Twins were nothing new to Narg-Ul. He came from a society where 15% of the population looked like Jor-El. Thank Rao that is was mostly the men in that group.

He decided that he freaking out these miscreants might be the easiest way to stop their violence towards the S.T.A.R. guards. He flew towards the barrel of the revolver in the right hand of the twin on the right, intent on flying down the barrel, and then wresting the gun from his hand from the inside. He then hoped to swing the "floating gun" around at the fellow's chin, using his X-Ray vision to aim.

Speeding Bulet' Stealth Check: 144968: 1D20+0 = [19]+0 = 19
Speeding Bullet Attack Roll to target revolver: 144969: 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29

ooc: Obviously, that's more than one round worth of actions. But that's where the direction he's going in.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Speeding Bullet effortlessly grabs the revolver from Twin #1

ooc
You are still leaving the name section as "Anonymous".
Disarm check including crit bonus: 1D20+11+5 = [13]+11+5 = 29

Trigger Twin 1 couldn't hang on even with a critical success.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Inside STAR Labs:

"TAR-nation! They're sending Action Figures at us!" The 'roided out Cowboy yelled when he witnessed Speeding Bullet relieve a Twin of one of his pistols. He pulled out a pair of nunchucks and whipped them around in Bruce Lee fashion. To the miniature Kryptonian it seemed an odd choice of a weapon. Still, it was impressive that a man of that size could move so quickly. Perhaps even a little frightening.
WHACK! Stallion smacks Speeding bullet.
The Twins begin to open fire in concert. The 1st with his one revolver who seems designed on keeping his target off balance with calculated precision shots, while his brother blazed away with a hail of bullets scoring multiple hits.

ooc:
Stallion attempts to Startle Speeding Bullet as a move action. His roll was moot however as he hits a 22 parry. Toughness DC is 22

Twin #1 uses Teamwork to Aid
Twin #2 uses a Multiattack rolling well enough (with Aid) to get a +5 DC on his Damage. Toughness DC is 24
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

After Ken makes his saves for Speeding Bullet it is Ninkyo's action. If they have no bearing on Speeding Bullet go ahead and post.
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

Hero4hire wrote:
Stairwell
Brutale slowly pulls two large knives from his collection of blades, letting the grating metal on metal sounds echo through the stair. He holds his two blades before him. "I think I take my time with you Freak...Cut you up real nice. Bleed you slow." the villain starting making slow deliberate steps, circling Ninkyo.

Brutale uses Initimidate to attempt to Demoralize Ninkyo.
Unless he has Fearless, Ninkyo must make a Will or Insight check DC 23. If he fails he is -2 to all checks. If he fails by 4 degrees he is -5 to all checks. Brutale then closes into Melee range.
Ninkyo
Hero Points: : 0
Conditions: Bruised, Dazed, Intimidated
"Considering your last attempt resulted in you missing not one, but two opponents...I think I'll take my chances." Ninkyo replies, distinctly unamused at Brutale's antics before rushing out with another barrage of fists. He'd seen similar attitudes from his fellows in the Yakuza before; in some cases it was just bravado to gain an edge over the foe, and in others it was genuine. It was something that he had gotten used to over the years, as it was frankly a necessity.

...so why I am so apprehensive now?

OOC: The rolls were fine, but I'm a dumbass who just woke up and fucked up some of my bonuses.

Attack roll: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=145282
Please ignore the +2, I don't know why I added that in there. Was going for a Single Target Multiattack with a grab tacked on from Fast Grab.

Grab Roll: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=145283
I'm pretty sure I screwed this one up too. Ninkyo's total number of limbs is 6 (4 from Blooming Lotus and then his normal arms), add in his strength of 4 and penalty from intimidation of 2, and the total bonus should be 8, unless I'm grossly mistaken.