Small Town Heroes (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: Small Town Heroes (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Tessa Davis
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Tessa tilted her head just slightly, and slid her cheap sunglasses down her nose just a bit, looking at the boy. He looked like he might be trying just a LITTLE too hard, but well, that was cool, if this was his thing...

She smiled, just a little. "I was thinking about giving it a try- I'm supposed to have some, you know, constructive activities, and I figured that working for a newspaper, you might learn, like, how to find out what is really going on around here. You know, the whole 'investigative journalist' thing, like what's his name- Geraldo? I like finding out secrets and stuff. I was also thinking about learning to take pictures, if there is, like, a staff photographer gig or something..."

She didn't mention that she didn't currently own a camera, or know anything about photography. She would burn that bridge when she came to it.

And deep down, the idea of photography was kind of compelling- as messed up as her memory was, if you had a picture, you knew someting was real, you knew that it happened...
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

As Jonh mentions Bruce Lee, the man nods approvingly. "Well he is an excellent role model when it comes to martial arts, certainly a legend in his own right. You're welcome to come to our opening session", he gestures to a sign up sheet on the desk as he talks.

Turning to JD's question, the man holds out his hands as if weighing up the options. "Well, yes and no. Perhaps there are martial arts more dedicated to self defence, but wrestling may be better than you think. It teaches you accountability, humility, respect, and you would have the strength and endurance that many martial artists would lack. I would certainly not write it off just yet, maybe try the opening sessions of both and make a decision from that?"

Tessa:
The boy at the stand listens intently as Tessa talks, though his eyes do continue to flick around nervously as if paranoid of someone watching him. "Geraldo Rivera? And trust me, if you want to know what's going on around here, this is the place to find out about it. He leans in a little, talking in a hoarse whisper, "this school is messed up, full of secrets and real life conspiracies, but like, no one cares! They just carry on like they're blind to it!" He straightens up a little, clearing his throat as he calms down. "Well we don't have cameras per se, but I have a mate who does some photography stuff, and he lends me one of his when the paper needs it. If the paper does well this year, I should be able to request kit like a camera, maybe some proper printing paper, the full works!"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah Dimple

As the girls walk away, Sarah suggests they find the photography club. The continue talking about the modeling club idea on the way, although Sarah is getting the impression the girls just want to look pretty and expect Sarah will do all the real work. What have I gotten myself into?

Eventually, they arrive at the photography club booth. Sarah attempts to introduce herself to anyone who's there by saying, "Hi, we're starting a modeling club and we thought your club and our club could coordinate some events together during the school year. What do you think? Oh, wait. Hi, I'm Sarah Dimple." She extends her hand for a shake.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan!

Our (least) favorite firebrand begins to fidget and squirm again, paying attention to everywhere and nowhere at the same time, slipping back into her normal hyperactive hyperaware self..

1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10

and apparently finding the fact that she has toes to be absolutely fascinating!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Sarah:
Sarah and the others find what looks to be the photography club. It only seemed to have one person at the stand, but they didn't exactly seem to be particularly interested in actively trying to recruit anyone. The boy behind the desk seemed to be relatively handsome, hair reaching down to his shoulders and say with an easy confidence about him. Wearing a floral shirt, the boy glances up at Sarah as she talks before leaning back in his chair. "Hm? Oh right, sounds pretty cool I suppose". After a pause the boy leans forward to shake Sarah's hand with a firm grip. "I can do pictures if you want, no sweat there. It's not like I've got much going on. School photos, well, that's pretty much it. Oh, I'm Cody". Cody smiles at Sarah, half nodding in greeting. "So a modelling club, like fashion and junk? Can't say I've seen one of then take off at the school yet".
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Well, the right fashion minded person hasn't attended the school before me," Sarah says. "So that's great. I'll be in touch once we're an official group. I'm hoping we can do some portfolio headshots of the members at some point. And I'm hoping we can do a runway later in the semester."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD Daniels

JD considers the prospect of doing both. He seems to mull over the idea. Football, wrestling, AND Martial Arts combined with the extra reading and studying he'd need to do to keep up with his classes.... it didn't seem sustainable even with his limited need for sleep. But there was no harm in trying. JD ultimately nods. "Good suggestion, thank you."

Of course, thoughts of such physical pursuits reminded the Southern teen of the troll youth, Vil. What could have happened to him to make him pull out?

He turns to John. "Hey, you don't happen to remember Vil's last name do you? I was just wondering what happened to the troll."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John White Eagle/Lakota
HP:1

John ventures over and signs his name to the sheet on the desk. Turning around, he replies to J.D.'s question. "Vil Grumych Granit I read it before, and I seem to have a pretty good memory. I've.thought of him as well. He was cool. I hope that he is o.k. wherever he is."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Tessa Davis

Tessa nodded along at what the boy had said. When she spoke, it was in a conspriratorial jailhouse whisper. "It figures this place would have some freaky secrets- and I knew it was messed up. Be kind of nice to get the real info..." She looked around for a moment, furtively, as if she were also concerned about being watched. "Sounds like I ought to sign up then- as long as my minders approve. I'll save the photography idea for later- maybe there's a photography club around and we can 'borrow' their darkroom and stuff..."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD Daniels

"I think I'm going to ask at the Administration Office after him." JD says.
[How much time is left of the fair? If it won't drag this on I can go now to the Admin office, or it can wait for another time.]
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Sarah:
Cody smiles up at Sarah, nodding slightly in response. "Well you don't have to wait till then if you want to talk to me. Anyway, sounds like you've got some real plans for this whole setup deal, I'll be happy to help out, no worries. Hope to see you around, Sarah".

JD, John, Meghan and Audrey:
The man at the martial arts booth gives JD an encouraging smile as he considers his options. "No problem kid, don't forget to sign up before you guys go. Martial arts can be a great sport and a fun way to hang out with friends. Plus, if you want to go into the world of professional heroes, it's a great thing to have on your C.V."

Tessa:
As Tessa whispers, the boy seems to fully embrace the conspiratorial nature of their talk. "Finally, someone else gets it! I've struggled to get people to join because everyone says I'm paranoid, or weird or whatever. They're all just blind to the truth, at least you're cool. If we could get a couple of other people, we could blow the stories of this school wide open! You don't have to quit on the photography stuff though, we'll need evidence if we're going to do this." Straightening up a little and resume talking normally. "Oh Cody runs the photography club, he's cool. I think he has a dark room at home or something, I've not seen a dark room at school". After a long pause, the boy squints a little at Tessa. "wait, what do you mean handlers? You're not like, the government are you?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD signs up for the Martial Arts Club.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Audrey Yates

Audrey signed the form to join the club. She was a bit uncertain if this was right for her but the instructor seemed to think there was a method or type or whatever it was called that would be a good match for her. At least she would have someone from her assigned team with her.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

MrTweedy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:39 pm Tessa:
As Tessa whispers, the boy seems to fully embrace the conspiratorial nature of their talk. "Finally, someone else gets it! I've struggled to get people to join because everyone says I'm paranoid, or weird or whatever. They're all just blind to the truth, at least you're cool. If we could get a couple of other people, we could blow the stories of this school wide open! You don't have to quit on the photography stuff though, we'll need evidence if we're going to do this." Straightening up a little and resume talking normally. "Oh Cody runs the photography club, he's cool. I think he has a dark room at home or something, I've not seen a dark room at school". After a long pause, the boy squints a little at Tessa. "wait, what do you mean handlers? You're not like, the government are you?"
Tessa Davis

Tessa visibly winced at the boy's question, and looked around quickly, as if nervous. "Not so loud, THEY might be listening," she muttered. She held up one wrist before continuing. "No it's just the regular authorities, they let me take the cuffs off for school, but they keep tabs on me, want to know what I'm up to. But everybody knows they aren't in on the real truth, they're just part of the cover-up..."

She paused, and looked around again- it seemed like the fair might be close to wrapping up. "I'll look into some options on the photography idea, but I'm game to help find out what's really going on around here. Maybe we ought to set up a message drop, or some notes or something- so THEY don't see us in contact too often. You know, like let you point me at stuff, and let me pass along anything I can find out. I'm Tessa, by the way, and I'm part of (OOC: whatever our class designation is, I can't remember). I bet you could have found that out on your own, but this saves time..."

>OOC: As soon as this conversation wraps, I'm ready to proceed- Tessa doesn't have anything else to pursue right now
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan!

Meghan flashes a quick bright smile to each of her teammates, a playful wiggle of her nose!

"Hey guys. This whole school thing is totally lame. I'm gonna head out. I might be back tomorrow- probably not. But see you around! Have a great time!"

She lifts up, starting to fly out towards the street and away from the school.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.