Small Town Heroes (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hawk

Re: Small Town Heroes (IC)

Post by Hawk »

John White Eagle: LAKOTA
HP: 1

John moves through the crowds of students as they seem to gravitate into cliques. Looking for some place that he can relax, he finds an unoccupied area.behind one of the buildings. Sitting down, the young man pulls his walk man from his backpack. Putting on his headphones, he starts it up and as the first notes of Hunger Strike by Temple of The Dog play, he starts thinking on what his project for the Tech club will be.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

JD:
At the mention of the wrestling team, Flapjack slowly turned around with a wide grin on his face. The dragon lookalike glances up at the larger boy and then back to JD. "Oh, right, Flapjack is on the wrestling team. He pretty much carries it really. It's only a small team. You want to talk to coach about it at some point. He's got his office by the gym halls".

Flapjack nods a little in response to this, still grinning as he does. "If you join wrestling, I'll destroy you!" The concept seems to have him almost excited at the prospect of the competition.

Sarah:
Lucy nods encouragingly as she turns her back a little to the performance from the cheerleaders. "Sure, I cannot tell a lie. I wouldn't mind giving it a try, and I'm sure Sophie and Ally will join as well". The pair stood behind Lucy both nod as one, but before they can say anything Lucy continues. "Most of the cheerleaders would love to be able to say that they've done modelling, and if you advertise I'm certain others will join. You can always try and get the tech dweebs to handle the cameras and all that". Lucy nods to herself as she looks a little lost in thought. "You know, this could be pretty good, we should talk to, well I don't know actually. Maybe the vice-principle? I'm sure they could approve this".

Audrey:
Hayley cracks into a confident smile at the confirmation of her suspicion. "I knew you it, you exactly match her description of you! I don't see it though, you two look nothing alike to me". It was difficult to say if this is meant as a jab or not, Hayley's tone makes it very difficult to tell the difference between genuine and sarcasm. Finally, the girl lets out an exasperated sigh. "Ok, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get you worked up". Gesturing to Trevor as she continues. "We would be be super happy if you'd join. I'm sure you'll have a great time".

Meghan:
Tanya laughs at the term 'brik-lette' and gives Meghan a light shove in response. "I think I prefer immovable object, but I suppose there's worse than brick-lette. It sounds like something my dad would come up with. My coach said that my kind of power used to be called kineticist. At the mention of looking for a place to stay, Tanya frowns a little with a look of concern. "I think they have some stuff like that, why? Is everything alright?"

Holding up her hands as if in surrender, Tanya continues to smile at Meghan. "Hey, no one said you were stupid! I think some of the older students do tutoring, you know, helping with homework and stuff like that".

Tessa:
In response to Tessa's musing on her ability, the boy shrugs a little as he takes another drag of the cigarette. "May be worth looking into you know. If you can at least pretend to fly, it'll make things a lit easier if you want to 'join the team' and hang with us.

At the mention of some of her more sordid activities, Tessa sees nods of approval and a hears a few 'oohs' from the gathering. The leader sits up fully, looking Tessa up and down with a crooked smile. "No way, you're the reason that nerd was out of action for ages? Damn, we've got a real celebrity here! I bet you've got some cool stories to tell, huh? How did you even end up in that situation? Don't worry, we're not grasses, no one'll tell your teammates". As she introduces herself the boy nods and gestures to himself lazily. "Jonny Spark, everyone calls me Blaze though". It may be a somewhat cringey nickname for a teenager, but he says it with confidence, and none of the others seem to react adversely to it.

John:
As John sits down he has a good view of the skaters rattling around the tarmac near the carpark. There was a wide mix of characters, but most of them were dressed in the traditional flannel and torn jeans that would would expect to see. A few of the students here and there seemed to be wearing what looked like custom body armour, perhaps part of their gear as heroes in training. One girl with her hair cut short was dressed in gold cuirass, along with greave and vambraces. It almost looked like greek armour. She seemed the be the ringleader hear, with those not currently skating gathered around her as they watched some of the others whizz around one another.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD looks at Flapjack with a distinct lack of enthusiasm. "Well.... super."

"Say, what's FlapJack's power?" JD asks in low tones. "And, what's your name?" he says to the Dragon Guy.
After learning those pieces of information JD will regard the Devil Ray Captain.

"Thank you, I'll check with the coach later." JD bids his new possible teammates good days.

He turns to look at the other booths but nothing really appeals to him.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah

"We probably need a sponsor of some kind: maybe an art teacher or a business teacher. But let's not bring this up to the cheerleaders just yet. This is our club first. So let's establish it and then recruit."

There must be some kind of adult standing around looking supervisory near by. Sarah points at such a teacher and says, "Maybe that teacher will know what we need to do and can point out who would be best to sponsor our club." If they agree, Sarah heads toward said adult.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan!

A soft snort as she references a recent trend, "I said the quiet part loud and the loud part quiet."

Another soft laugh as she tries to disarm the situation, "Orrr, have you been checked for super hearing? I have some of that, it's kinda annoying sometimes."

"Yeah, good, good. I'll have to check with them." she winks, "Who knows, they might be able to keep me out of the detention after school programs!"

She flashes a quick smile towards Sarah as they happen to nearly cross paths across the room. Meghan could be a pretty girl in a tomboy sort of way. Maybe if someone held her down while a partner put some tasteful, subtle, makeup on her.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

JD:
Flapjack gives JD an oversized toothy grin before looking over the freshmans shoulder, distracted by something. He pushes his way past forcefully as he lumbers over to another student in a letterman jacket. With Flapjack gone, the captain glances past Jd before looking back to him. "Flapjack? Oh he's not got a power, not really. He's sort of like me, non-human. I think his grandad was an ogre, or something? I don't know". Standing up the boy holds his hand out to JD. "Geraint Brys, but the team calls me matchstick. Good luck with coach".

Sarah:
Lucy walks alongside Sarah and listens to her planning for this new club. As Sarah makes the suggestions, Lucy shrugs a little in response, though she still has her intrigued smile. "Hey, you're the brains behind this, I'll follow your lead". As they continue to walk, Lucy turns more to face Sarah. "On a separate note, how're you finding your team? Like really how are you finding them?"

While talking the small group approach the teacher, they see a dark-skinned woman overseeing the students with a clipboard. She looked a little nervous Eventually she turns to see the others approaching, and her expressions changes to a more cheerful one. "Oh, hi! Do you need help with with anything? Are you looking for a club?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD thanks Geraint and casts one more dubious look at the Devil Ray mascot before leaving the booth.

He'll wander about looking for John.... or anyone else from D group.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah
As they continue to walk, Lucy turns more to face Sarah. "On a separate note, how're you finding your team? Like really how are you finding them?"
"I don't know. I don't seem to fit in. The guys seem to like sports and the girls..." she points up at the roof. "One of them is hiding up on the roof. Another is such a tomboy. I don't know. We haven't really had a chance to spend time together. First day of school we get put on teams. Second day we're sent out here to find other groups to join. Makes no sense as usual for this place. Did you get lucky with your team?"
"Oh, hi! Do you need help with with anything? Are you looking for a club?"
"Um, if it already exists, I haven't seen it. We'd like to make a fashion club: modeling, photography, design, etc. We didn't see such a club so I suppose we're asking how does one form a new club?" She says. She continues a little faster as the ideas jump into her head. "I suppose we would need a faculty sponsor. Maybe a home ec or art teacher. We could do photoshoots in a class setting or outdoors. We could offer our services to local shops that can't afford professional models and photographers to create advertising. Maybe a business teacher. We could give budding designers a way to see how their designs look on real people. Maybe do a runway show in the fall and spring...."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Audrey Yates

That could have gone better. At least they let me join.

"How do you know Allison? Actually, I shouldn't be surprised. Everyone knows her. She's miss perfect. She's great at everything. It's really annoying."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD finds John near the skaters, admiring the group. He has to admit the golden armored gal was eye catching.

"Were you going to go over and talk to them? I can be wingman." he offers.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John White Eagle/LAKOTA
HP:1

"Sure J.D., let's go over and introduce ourselves to them. If you need me to be, I can be your wingman too. Hopefully they are friendly. How did it go for you? Did you get into any of the clubs you were interested in?" Standing up, the young Sioux pulls his headphones off of his head and lets them hang around his neck and switches his walk man off.

John walks at whatever pace that J.D. sets for them. When they arrive at the gathering of skaters, he will address the young lady who appears to be the leader. "Hey, this is J.D. he says pointing to his friend. and I'm John. Cool equipment you have there."
Last edited by Hawk on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Football try-outs are Friday. I'm gonna go out. They seem to be big on tryin' to shake people up. Not a fan, but I'll give 'em a chance." JD says.

His pace is casual but purposeful. He's okay letting John take the lead on talking. He stands casually with an amiable expression, interested in the armor and gear they have. The calcification of his body took away a lot of flexibility though; he wonders if he could even stay on a board, even if they *could* support his weight.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

MrTweedy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:37 am Tessa:
In response to Tessa's musing on her ability, the boy shrugs a little as he takes another drag of the cigarette. "May be worth looking into you know. If you can at least pretend to fly, it'll make things a lit easier if you want to 'join the team' and hang with us.

At the mention of some of her more sordid activities, Tessa sees nods of approval and a hears a few 'oohs' from the gathering. The leader sits up fully, looking Tessa up and down with a crooked smile. "No way, you're the reason that nerd was out of action for ages? Damn, we've got a real celebrity here! I bet you've got some cool stories to tell, huh? How did you even end up in that situation? Don't worry, we're not grasses, no one'll tell your teammates". As she introduces herself the boy nods and gestures to himself lazily. "Jonny Spark, everyone calls me Blaze though". It may be a somewhat cringey nickname for a teenager, but he says it with confidence, and none of the others seem to react adversely to it.
Tessa Davis
HP: 1; LP: 1; condition: Normal

Tessa smiled briefly, but then she looked away, gazing out over the organized chaos of the fair. "I'd tell you the whole story- except I don't remember it very well. Some of it not at all, some of it I remember, but I'm not sure I'm remembering what actually happened or not." She sighed and turned back towards the group. "Kinda sucks, but it is a bit of a blessing in other ways. Like, that is partly why I'm here at school under double-secret probation and stuff, instead of actually locked up somewhere. Lawyers and my "counselor" both, like, they say we can't be sure how much of it was my idea, and how much of it I was forced into doing." She paused and took another drag of the cigarette.

"Blaze, huh?," She replied to the boy's introduction with a sly grin- codenames were kind of silly anyway, and most of the really good ones were taken. "How about the rest of you?"

>OOC: For American kids, Blaze is fine- the term they would want to avoid is "Flamer" or "Flaming", with the unfortunate connotations therein. For now, she will "not notice" JD and John, especially since they are moving away.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Sarah:
Lucy listens to Sarah with interest on her face. She glances in the directions that Sarah points and chuckles a bit as Lucy points at the roof. "Well, at least the guys seem to be cute. You just have to accept most boys are just into food and sports. My team is alright, pretty good actually. There's a few teething problems, but I will iron it out soon enough".

As Sarah explains the situation to the teacher, the teacher smiles brightly and nods along. "Well we haven't had a fashion club as long as I have been here. I think it could be a great idea! It could really help with some of the students confidence, maybe get the photography club involved, we could even look into making clothes!" The teacher seemed to be quite taken with the idea, and looked genuinely excited about it. I'm not a business teacher, but if an art teacher could help then I am happy to talk to the principle! Oh, right, I'm miss Carter, I work in the art department". Miss Carter was young compared to most of the teachers, and certainly attractive my most standards, she had an energy and enthusiasm as she spoke that was often lacking with many of the teachers.

Audrey:
Tanya glances back at Audrey having ben distracted by a couple of students examining the glee stand. "Hm? Oh, everyone knows Allison, yeah! She runs the young leaders and paragon society, she helps with a bunch of the study clubs, mathletes, she even comes to glee club sometimes and helps out. Must be nice having a sister like that". This does in fact sound genuine compared to Tanya's previous comments.

John and JD:
As Joh and JD approach the skaters, the tall girl in the golden armour turns to face them. She raises an eyebrow a little. "Erm, thanks, I guess. Do you two skate?" She didn't sound particularly impressed at this point. Underneath the armour the girl seemed to be wearing a tatty looking flannel shirt and frayed shorts. She was quite tall and muscled, her arms and legs were also covered in cuts and bruises, most likely from skating.

Tessa:
As Blaze listens to Tessa explain, he glances at the others for a moment before looking back. "Sounds pretty messed up. If I beat down a real celebrity like that, I know I'd want to be able to tell everyone about that. You got any other stories you can remember?"

As Tessa gestures to the others, they begin to introduce themselves. There was a variety of students here, most of them following a similar aesthetic to Blaze, though a few did stand out in the small crowd. A shorter girl dressed in a jean jacket covered in band badges and short cut purple was sat next to Blaze. With a leisurely wave she introduced herself as 'Indigo'. Stood near the back of the group was a very tall and slender boy dressed in a faded grey hoodie and boots. What made him stand out was that poking out from under the hood was a pair of long and curved horns. He didn't speak, but one of the other students called him 'Nick'. The third kid was a boy that was well dressed, the white shirt he was wearing even had an emblem on it. He looked very out of place among the others, but still seemed perfectly at ease among them. His skin was covered with incredible intricate patterning that looked floral in design, and glowed with a golden energy. Flashing Tessa a charming smile he introduces himself as 'Tex'.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Not... with a board." JD says. "I can kinda 'surf' on a wave of earth. Its not what I'd call 'graceful', like you guys." he gestures to the assembled skaters.

"One thing I *can* do.." JD says and directs her attention to the field where the 15ft dome he'd created in his fight with Vil still resides. "I can make structures like ramps and things. Smooth stone. But I don't have the finesse stuff that John can do." JD says.