Small Town Heroes (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: Small Town Heroes (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

AJ Sullivan
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal
-Active: Flight, Aerial agility, force field, cosmic array (cosmic blast)

AJ shook her head slowly. "Man, all the times I got in trouble for fighting in school before..." A silvery glow flickered to life around her and she drifted a few feet up into the air. "Alrighty then," she muttered- and without any further warning a slender bolt of that same silver light, crackling with slender black filaments, lashed out towards Maya's watery shield.

>OOC:
-Activate flight/force field/etc, get airborne (about 5 feet up)
-Attack with cosmic blast, Accurate attack for +2/-2. Total is 1d20+12= 15 (I'll guess that misses)
-roll: https://orokos.com/roll/763990
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Vil Grumych Granit
Luck (Inspiration): 3; HP: 1
Condition: confused

Vil is still confused about why he's fighting J.D. when "Jesu" doesn't sound like it starts with a "J," and distracted by A.J.'s display of powers. But he'll try to grab onto the spikes and use them to pick up the edge of the dome ... without success.

OOC: I made a Strength check just in case the GM ruled it mattered: Strength check: 1d20+9 12
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maya McKinny (Lifestream / HP: 1)

Maya was ready when AJ fires her energy blast, slipping sideways to avoid it as it punches through her watery defenses, hitting nothing but the ground behind her. Seeing as her opponent was in the air, she would have to go with a ranged water blast. She'd thought this test would be more hand to hand, but she wasn't complaining, she was better at range anyhow.

Keeping Pemberly's words in mind to mind the safety of her opponent, Maya opts for a broader projectile meant to knock AJ out of the air rather than directly harm her.
Using Water Cannon (Ranged Area Affliction 8 (Fort to resist/recover; Dazed, Prone), Limited Degree. DC 18 Dodge for half effect rank. DC18 (14 with successful dodge) Fort to resist.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD
HP: 0
CND: Fatigued
Stone dome, Mass rank 12 {100 tons}, toughness +12, CND: Undamaged
Round 2

From inside the dome JD watched as Vil grabbed the outside trying to move the structure. The spikes did nothing against the man's knobby flesh. He shouldn't have been surprised.

Instead JD concentrates and another construct, this one pulling from some of the only cartoons JD was allowed to watch as a child, a giant anvil of stone forms near the gym's roof and comes crashing down onto the shoulders of the troll. Hopefully he won't RoadRunner his way out.
I don't recall if extra efforts to raise PL lasts only a turn or for the whole scene. I'll assume that any constructs he made after that first one are 'normal'.

Create (Drop), +8 to hit, DC23 Toughness
Create (Drop), +8 to hit, DC23 Toughness: 1d20+8 25
If that hits, DC23 Toughness, bludgeoning
"Something pithy this way comes."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John WhiteEagle: LAKOTA
HP:1

Seeing the fist fly past him, John says. "I'm sorry as well." His telekinesis emanates from him into a shock wave toward his sparring partner.

T.K.Shock wave:1D20+8=[8]+8=16
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

AJ Sullivan
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Dazed

AJ hovered just a few feet off the ground- when the blast of water shot towards her she hardly even bothered to dodge. But while she was obviously expecting 'garden hose', Maya's watery jet was closer to 'fire hose'...

AJ drifted backwards, spluttering and coughing- the force field had stopped some of it, and her flying goggles had kept the surging water out of her eyes, but she was going to want a towel. Almost reflexively, she raised her hand and fired off another lashing bolt of energy. Which, predictably, missed, though not badly enough to endanger any of the other students.

>OOC:
-Defense: Dodge DC 18, FORT DC 18/14.
-Dodge 1d20+10= 12, FORT 1d20+5= 15; Missed the Dodge, so fail by 3 (1 degree, so Dazed)
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/764290

-Offense:
Another energy blast, Accurate +2/-2; 1d20+12= 17 (Still a miss)
-End of turn/Recover DC 18 FORT 1d20+5= 10 (Fail, still Dazed)
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/764295

>Man, I should have gone with my empath/Goth chick- the dice HATE AJ.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah
HP: 1; Condition: Normal

Dodge DC 18, Fortitude DC 18/14: 1d20+6 14 1d20+10 27

The shockwave flows over Sarah before she can react but it seems to have no effect on her. "That tickled." She says as she tries again to land a punch on the boy. "This is no fun," she adds as again he steps aside from her punch.

Elongated Fist attack Tough DC 24: 1d20+7 15
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John will attempt the Shock wave one more time.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah

Dodge DC 18, Toughness DC 18/14: 1d20+6 24 1d20+10 17

She can see John doing the shockwave again and manages to avoid most of it. What's left does no harm. "That's not really hand-to-hand," she says, waving her hand in front of him from 30 feet away.

Unless stopped, she attacks again with her fist. This attack is a little closer to hitting. But not quite.

Rnd 3, Elongated strike at John (DC 24): 1d20+7 16
(OOC: oo, a 9 on the attack. Almost average (unlike the prior two 8s she rolled)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John quickly closes the distance between himself and Sarah, and attempts to land a punch.

Punch: 1D20+6= [18]+6=24
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

As the fights rage, a sharp blast on a whistle that appeared from the TA's pocket would mark the end of a battle. This by far seemed to be the most popular of the tests, with students taking the opportunity to actively show off their powers. There were many students who relied on the raw ability of their powers, flinging about balls of energy and such as if it was nothing. However there were a few who seemed to have focused on their hand to hand combat instead of replying on powers. One girl who was wielding a quarter staff in particular seemed to have some real skill in this area, finishing her fight in a matter of seconds.

JD and Vil would see Joseph on his test after they had finished their fight, taking on Mat from earlier. Mat in particular seemed to be enjoying the chance to show of his skills, using the teleportation to leap around Joseph as he threw the occasional jab or kick in. It seemed to have little effect however, as a well place swing from Joseph sent him hurtling from the mats, skidding to a halt at the crowds feet.

The girl that had been talking to Maya also had some real success with her test. Each punch she threw had some formidable strength behind it, and each shot produced a short but brilliant burst of flame to accompany the blow. She won her fight a little before the clock ran out. In the end, most students emerged reality unscathed and thoroughly satisfied with the brief bout of violence.

When the fights were over, Mr Pemberly approaches the students, shaking his head a little. "Not bad class, not too bad. Now some of you didn't seem to fully understand the instruction about this being close combat practice, but dont' worry. These tests let the teachers know what areas need working on, so that can be fixed during the year. I'll let you catch your breath for a moment, and then we'll move onto the last few sets of tests".
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Vil Grumych Granit
Luck (Inspiration): 3; HP: 1
Condition: still confused

Vil doesn't understand where the anvil came from when he can't even see J.D., but nonetheless ignores as it glances off his hunched shoulders.

Before Mr. Pemberly calls time-out, he attempts a kick to shatter this aggravating stone dome ...

OOC:
I think Create (Drop) should have been treated as an Area attack, with an active Dodge check to avoid rather than an attack roll, as per the right column of pg. 102. But with my Toughness roll (below), it doesn't matter this time.
Toughness vs Create (Drop) anvil: 1d20+10 30
Attempting a Finishing Attack on the dome (as per rules for Attacking Objects), taking attack roll normally in hopes of getting an automatic crit:
Attack vs stone dome (Defense 10): 1d20+7 8 That's a whiff, as I follow my natural 20 with a natural 1. Should have just done the routine attack. :P
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Despite Vil's best efforts he is unable to smash through the stone shell. His large fists bounce off of the stonework with little effect, and in the end he is stopped in his efforts by the whistle from the teaching assistant, ending the bout. "Alright, that marks the end of the physical testing today. The rest will be looking at your mental faculties. If you want to take a moment to catch your breath, we will be setting up the gym for the next test.

As he says this, the elderly woman steps forwards, closing her eyes as she focuses. There is a slight ripple in the air as a faint wave of heat can be felt. Before the students eyes, desks and chairs begin to materialise out of the air, one by one. After a minute or so the gym begins to fill as if it was ready for an examination, complete with test papers on each table along with several pens. This was perhaps the most organised many students would be for a test (at least in terms of materials). "When you are ready, please find a seat".
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"That's it?" Sarah exclaims. "I had to ruin my clothes just so we could throw a few punches? What kind of madhouse is this?" She remains in clay form as she takes a seat, obviously fuming.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John makes his way to the closest desk and takes a seat. "Well, let's see how well that I can do on this exercise." He thinks to himself.