Small Town Heroes (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Small Town Heroes (IC)

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan Monroe

Meghan steps back from JD, not as a sign of fear, but to really take in the massiveness of the big guy. "Wow, you're like a giant."

A light blush, "Noooooo. Were we supposed to be? I thought that today was the first day of school."
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD chuckles at the 'giant' comment. "You have'nt seen Vil yet; he's a troll."

"No, yesterday was the first. We took tests and got sorted. Like that wrinkly hat in those heath... I mean, uh, magic books."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan Monroe

Another warm laugh, "Wow. That's pretty cool! It would be awesome to try to get him on a board. I've heard that they don't mix. I mean, i guess if you get enough board it could mix and all.. but hey, I'm getting distracted again. Sooo.. I guess that I should try to find some kind of teacher or something to help straighten things out."

Another pause, well, more of an inhalation before she barrels on full steam ahead. "Meghan!" she offers out her hand. "But I guess asking if you could see me on the list would give that way. Huh?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Ah'm JD, this is Sarah. Let me clear the board area so others can get to it." he says in his glacial Southern drawl, side stepping a few paces away to clear space, a courtesy to the other kids still looking for their names. "Nice ta meet you Meghan. If you mean surf board I know of another gal who surfs. Her names' Maya. Could be others too." he shrugs, confused about her talk of boards.

"Well, Administrative offices are just a few doors down, maybe we should get you checked in with them."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"It's no big deal, JD. Parents are weird even when they're normal." Sarah says.

"Ah'm JD, this is Sarah. Let me clear the board area so others can get to it." JD says.

Sarah obvious checks out Meghan's outfit. "Oh, yeah, we should let people through. Hi Meghan. Yeah, you missed the dumbest set of tests yesterday. You'll probably lucky enough to do them by yourself without people watching."

(OOC: What does fashionista Sarah think of how Meghan's dressed? Are you hip? Comfort first? Dumpy? Etc. Regardless, unless Meghan is clueless, she knows Sarah was evaluating Meghan's "look".)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan Monroe

(I don't want to push the story too much further without everybody getting in)

Stepping down the runway is our resident tomboy Meghan!

Ready to stomp a bully's face as easily as climbing a tree, Meghan is an exercise in polarity.

with huge open arms. Underneath, a bright gray sports bra.

The shirt hangs low, nearly down to midthigh, showing a hint of a pair of lycra biking shorts.

A rugged backpack hung over one shoulder, looking more fitting for the US Army than for a school. Then again, sometimes they are the same place!

Well worn tennis shoes, well beaten and roughed up, they might have been white once upon a time.

Sleek build, lots of smooth muscle but not any real bulging muscles.

Probably leaving the impression that she hasn't figured out how to go from tomboy to mature teenager.

(Also, cool: persuasion and cool: intimidation.)
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Right, Sarah assumes you just haven't found your girlish style yet. She might turn you into a project. :)
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

AJ Sullivan
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

AJ tried not to worry when she saw that her father hadn't picked up the note. He had probably just come in late from the workshop and gone right to sleep... Right? She still worried, just a little anyway- it was just how she was wired. One or the other of the extended Sullivan family would likely stop by during the day anyway, and they would make sure he was okay.

She enjoyed the feeling of flying, maybe just a little more than she should,and when she swept in for a landing, she could tell that some of the other students were watching. She couldn't stifle a bit of a grin at the attention, but she resisted the urge to give a theatrical bow as she landed. Sullivans didn't show off- they just got the job done.

With the other students, she shuffled into the hallway where the teams were posted. She looked at each posting in turn as she made her way through the crowd, taking a moment to match the names that she saw with the students she had seen yesterday. In no particular hurry, she worked her way down the hall until she finally spotted the one that had "her team" listed. She looked at the paper for a moment, looked around the area as if searching for something, then looked back at the paper. Her smile faded, not quite into a scowl- perhaps more a little bit of confusion...

Then she started moving through the crowd, over to where Sarah and JD were talking with another girl that AJ didn't recognize (or remember from yesterday). "Hey there!," she said cheerfully. "It looks like our team is one short. Didn't they say there were going to be six students on each team? Is it just because we're THAT good?"
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan Monroe

With a scrunch of her nose and a quick step, Meghan moves with the group over to the side to make room. "Yeah, I could barely get close enough to read the bulletin myself." and nods over to JD, "Thanks for the assist!"

On Sarah's gaze, Meghan blushes a bit and shifts herself rather subtly. Not an all out pose or flex or anything, that would be way too obvious. But hey, if Sarah was going to check her out, well, it would be rude to not try to look her best and present to the eye. After all, nothing was wrong with being gay in this day and age. Not like anybody would actually be looking at her for anything. Well, except for some of her buddies that were starting to get all ick cute and stuff, starting to think of her as a girl rather than as a pal. So gross!

She grins back to Sarah with a nod, "Oh wow, that does sound pretty dumb. But umm, hey, if someone wants to watch, it'd be rude to not let them, right? I mean, sometimes its cool to let people, you know, applaud when you pull off a really awesome trick or something?"

Another quick switch of perspective as she shifts over to wave to AJ. Well, more of a wiggle of her fingers in greeting rather than a wave. "Hi there! I'm Meghan!" Is the ! part of her name? "Hey, you all might just be! But then again, is the student body actually di-vis-i-ble (carefully enunciating each part) by six? That'd be a strange coincidence. Where's your fifth?"

With a shrug, she looks down the hallway and then the other, "So, you were saying something about going down to the principals office or something?" she shudders, "Yeeeeah, that's how I want to start my school year. But might as well find out where it is. I'll be spending enough time there."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah is oblivious to Meghan's reaction. Why would you look at someone other than to check out their clothes?

"Office is right there. Actually, we really don't know where to go either. We were never assigned homerooms or class schedules yesterday, were we?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD shifts to include AJ in the group. "This is AJ."

JD looks around. "I saw John and Vil on the bus, I think. They should be along soon. I weren't sure if John would get a 'telekinetic' label or not since his isn't..." JD makes a vaguely throwing motion searching for the word. "... uh...'out there'."

"And there's another gal not on the list at all. Wonder if sumthin cam up last night." JD shrugs.

"As to where to go now.... Lemme check the board again to see if there's a room we go to." He steps over to check again.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John WhiteEagle: LAKOTA
HP:1

John looks over the list trying to find with whom he has been grouped with. Feeling releaved to find some familiar names, he moves through the students to find J.D. and Vil. Seeing J.D., John walks over and says " Hey, I'm glad that I'll be on a team with you and Vil, hopefully you feel the same way." John introduces himself to the rest of the students around J.D.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan Monroe

A moment of silence as the motormouth takes a moment to admire the really cute guy. "HI John! I'm Meghan!"

She pauses a moment and grins, looking on over towards the office, a happy wave over her shoulder, "Hey folks! Nice to meet you! I'm going to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing!"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Luck" JD says to Meghan.

To John he gives a thumbs up.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Vil Grumych Granit
Luck (Inspiration): 3; HP: 1
Condition: relieved

Vil gets off the bus last, so he doesn't have to squeeze past other students as he squeezes down the aisle. Normally he's ok with being patient like this, but this time he's a little annoyed with having to wait for other students to find out what team he's on.

He naturally stands near his friends from yesterday, and finally he gets a look at the list (being able to easily see over the other freshmen).

"Yeah, we're on the same team!" he says to John, holding out his hand for a high-five (he doesn't dare actually give his hand any high-five momentum though). "Jesu? Is that you, JD? I remember they called you something weird yesterday. And Sarah, you're on our team too ... wow, that's sluchaino."

He points at the retreating Meghan. "Is that Allison? Or are you Allison?" the latter directed at AJ.