Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

Post by Ysariel »

Kisai
????

The attack from your cane shatters the iron spikes holding up the decoy Jasmine, and a second later your focused blast lances through the creature directly under where they had been.

There is no dramatic explosion or fountain of blood, no bloodcurdling scream from the gargantuan demon. For an instant, nothing seems to happen. Then, there is a terrible rumble, followed by a magnitude 3.0 earthquake, and the rows upon rows of titanic iron spikes collapse and splay out as the creature dies with a moaning sigh.

The woman smiles.

"I knew that if anyone could do it, it would be you, Philip," she says. "I am the High Master of Shambhala. But that is not important."

She gestures to the corpse of the dead creature. "It tried to lure you to your end with the image of that woman. Jasmine."

"She must mean much to you, if you risked such danger for her."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 4
Condition: Normal

Ysariel wrote: "YOU WILL SEE WHY I AM RIGHT, LITTLE BIRD," whispers Knightfire. "YOU WILL SEE... IN SHAMBHALA."

The wraith dissipates. From behind the barricade, police SWAT officers are cautiously advancing to apprehend the man sprawled on the ground before you. A host, you realize. Someone embittered and toxic enough to serve as a vessel for the spirit of hatred.
Watching the wraith disperse into the night air, Imogen felt "disappointed" that the fight had ended so quickly and that the Demon of Hate had fled but if she had to guess that was probably due to the fact it was being true to its nature .. just a coward deep down at its core.

Just as the police reach the man on the ground, you are swamped by the media, rushing forward in a tide of humanity to surround you with mics and cameras.

"Nightbird," one of them asks. "Can you comment on this stunning development? Do you think tonight's rally was orchestrated by anti-alien extremists or is this supernatural phenomenon to blame?" she gestures at the now-unconscious body of the man on the ground.
Concerned that Moonlight was okay and hadn't been found by any of the fleeing thugs Imogen started to move away before stopping and turning gracefully as though she was on a dime at the reporters question.

Taking care to make eye contact with all of the reporters gathered round her as advised by the public speaking books she had started to read the previous month

"That is a very good question and I don't think it is as black or white as you are implying. Knightfire is a creature of hate in fact you could describe him .. it for want of a better word as a demon. As a demon of hate Knightfire is attracted to hosts that fear, despise or hate very strongly. The focus of the hatred could be people of a different race than your own, political point of views, sexual preferences, women working rather than staying home cooking and cleaning or in this case aliens. Once Knightfire has found a host then he can become very dangerous, for people who may think like the host but maybe not as extreme their fears or hate will be fanned by the host and you get this mob violence that quickly spirals out of control. And once Knightfire has stirred up one side of the conflict it is very easy for it to find someone, a victim on the other side that will become a new host that instead of shouting anti-alien will be shouting anti-human and it continues until everybody destroys each other."

"Another thing to remember it that this country .. or even Phoenix City itself .. has only grown stronger from the arrival of immigrants over the years who wish to settle here and make life better for themselves and others and these "aliens" that so many people want to fear are just immigrants who have traveled a bit further than say the Irish, people from Asia or Europe or that little island on the other side of the earth."

"So tonight would not have happen without these people already having an anti-alien viewpoint and the presence of the demon removed any semblance of sense or objectivity from them allowing them to embrace their deepest and darkest desires and run riot with no thought of the impact of what they are doing. I truly hope that the people who were caught up with what happen tonight will take the time to think about what they were doing and consider their actions and the implications if they continue down that track."

"Look for myself after the Armada attack several years ago it would have been very easy for me to hate aliens, blame them for what had happen to our city, the loss of life, the loss of so many heroes but I chose not to, I can't say it was easy but the Armada are not all aliens. So I joined the Champions and yes some of the members are alien. I have fought alongside them and I can safely say they would be prepared to give their life to protect this city and each and every one of you and I know I could not have asked for better teammates."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gelert
Armada Supercarrier -- Trophy Room
OOC
You can definitely stunt some kind of area blast using your free 1/round power stunt you are granted. However, in order to achieve something such as destroying warships without harming their occupants, I rule that it needs to be both selective and precise (reducing it to rank 36), and you are also restricted by line of sight. Thus, I rule that you can destroy the flagship one this round and the rest of the fleet on your next action, if you still wish to.

1d20+50: 54 [1d20=4]
Passed, no damage

Kaak-Shar's power level decreases by 1 as you destroy his flagship. (You are now in zero gravity, but your ring's Life Support protects you.) It then increases by 1 as he is damaged by your blast, for no net change.

Kaak-Shar's power level: X-2
The tidal wave of blue sweeps away the countless minions of the Incarnate of War like a tsunami. Attack ships, fighters, tanks and robots and powered armor of all sorts are atomized leaving helpless crews and disarmed warriors in their wake. The titanic surge of energy seeps into the deck of the supercarrier below you and in an explosion that would shake planets, the moon-sized warship is blown apart. The blast shines like a supernova in the midst of the massed Armada invasion fleet.

You go tumbling into space along with the debris and flames. All about you floats the wreckage of the Incarnate of War's flagship and struggling aliens in survival suits. In the distance, you see the Incarnate of War himself, and all around you, the countless vessels of the Armada - as you once saw in the vision the ring granted you from data downloaded from Simon's device.

"YOU... INCONSEQUENTIAL... GNAT! HOW DARE YOU DEFY ME!" roars Kaak-Shar, in a voice you hear more within your hear than with your doggy ears. The Incarnate, the size of a mountain, soars through space with effortless ease and swings his skyscraper-like sword at you.
OOC
Kaak-Shar uses Dulce et Decorum on you. This power has Improved Critical 2.
1d20+50: 67 [1d20=17]
Just barely not a critical. Make a DC 65 Toughness check.

Remember, your powers are all 40 ranks higher, so your toughness score (with force field) is actually 53, and you roll 1d20+53.
Turn Order
-- Gelert *
-- Kaak-Shar, War Incarnate, Conquerer of Conquerers

You are up
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Ysariel wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:57 pm Moonlight
Sacramento, California - Outside the State Capitol Building
OOC
You can counter with the same skill again. However I'm going to have to say that repeatedly using the same skill incurs a penalty (-2 the 2nd time, then -5 the 3rd, as the opponent wises up to your tricks). Luckily, in this case either skill is enough to counter. I will rule that it's Persuasion, so you can use Insight the next round if you wish, provided you describe it appropriately.

At the end of round 2, you now have two successes, to Cooper's zero. You only need 1 more.
The Governor closes his eyes, musing over your words, before eventually clearing his throat. He does not respond to you at once, but instead turns to Cooper and says, "Your Honor, I think this young person has a good point. This is a risky course of action - we would be better served..."

Cooper's face practically blows up like a red party balloon being inflated as he senses you are beginning to sway the Governor. He turns sharply on one food and gestures grandiosely to the watching media, and a hundred camera lenses swivel to focus on him.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" he proclaims. "Today, we of the State Assembly are gathered here to settle a matter of the utmost urgency. Following the brazen attack on the refugee camp today morning -- during which terrorists nearly deployed an earthquake device that would have shattered the San Andreas fault under the city, utterly destroying it -- it has become obvious that our status as a Sanctuary City has brought great danger to its populace."

Cooper then goes on a completely ridiculous, buzzword-laden speech designed to sound both perfectly reasonable and at the same time subtly insinuate that alien refugees are responsible for everything from global warming to terrorism.

But, though the good mayor thinks he is going on the offensive, you realize that this also leaves him vulnerable to counterattack. If you can shoot down his arguments before the cameras and show that they are politically risky, you will deal a severe blow not only to his position but also to the willingness of the assembled human leaders to obey his will.
OOC
For round 3, Cooper attempts to demonstrate the strength of his political position to the media in response, using Exertise: Politics.

1d20+12: 32 [1d20=20]
Make a DC 32 skill check with an appropriate skill to counter his check result of 32.
Moonlight
HP: 4 LP: 1>0
Condition: Annoyed

Aranel had seen this same tactic by many politicians in her mother's court over the years. Using words designed to confuse people into believing what they are being told is the absolute truth, lies painted with subtly and for shock value at the same time. Calls to stop allowing refugees from entering the city to outright calls for the extermination of all humans. Each her mother had seen through and gracefully maneuvered through so as not to appear weak to the court, but also not giving in to such outrageous demands. And sometimes after words were said and the opposition spoke, she had seen her mother simply remain calm and silent, a serene figure despite the fury or political acumen of her opponent. Today she would take after her mother, Aranel would try her best to quell her temper and hold her tongue, hoping that her words had reached the governor's heart and Cooper's hadn't tainted all her effort.

OOC: Going with a Will check to represent Moonlight holding her temper in check and remaining silent despite what Cooper has said, hope that is okay: Will check: 1d20+14 17 LP to reroll that: Will check: 1d20+14 33 Just barely made it.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Ysariel wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:35 pm Gelert
OOC
You can definitely stunt some kind of area blast using your free 1/round power stunt you are granted. However, in order to achieve something such as destroying warships without harming their occupants, I rule that it needs to be both selective and precise (reducing it to rank 36), and you are also restricted by line of sight. Thus, I rule that you can destroy the flagship one this round and the rest of the fleet on your next action, if you still wish to.

1d20+50: 54 [1d20=4]
Passed, no damage

Kaak-Shar's power level decreases by 1 as you destroy his flagship. (You are now in zero gravity, but your ring's Life Support protects you.) It then increases by 1 as he is damaged by your blast, for no net change.

Kaak-Shar's power level: X-2
The tidal wave of blue sweeps away the countless minions of the Incarnate of War like a tsunami. Attack ships, fighters, tanks and robots and powered armor of all sorts are atomized leaving helpless crews and disarmed warriors in their wake. The titanic surge of energy seeps into the deck of the supercarrier below you and in an explosion that would shake planets, the moon-sized warship is blown apart. The blast shines like a supernova in the midst of the massed Armada invasion fleet.

You go tumbling into space along with the debris and flames. All about you floats the wreckage of the Incarnate of War's flagship and struggling aliens in survival suits. In the distance, you see the Incarnate of War himself, and all around you, the countless vessels of the Armada - as you once saw in the vision the ring granted you from data downloaded from Simon's device.

"YOU... INCONSEQUENTIAL... GNAT! HOW DARE YOU DEFY ME!" roars Kaak-Shar, in a voice you hear more within your hear than with your doggy ears. The Incarnate, the size of a mountain, soars through space with effortless ease and swings his skyscraper-like sword at you.
OOC
Kaak-Shar uses Dulce et Decorum on you. This power has Improved Critical 2.
1d20+50: 67 [1d20=17]
Just barely not a critical. Make a DC 65 Toughness check.

Remember, your powers are all 40 ranks higher, so your toughness score (with force field) is actually 53, and you roll 1d20+53.
Turn Order
-- Gelert *

You are up
The Incarnate's mighty sword swings down only to have an equally massive shield of blue energy flash into existence to meet it.

And behind it, a tiny spot of white amid a swirling galaxy of blue as Gelert faces down Kaak-Shar. "How dare I defy you? Weren't you paying attention the first time? Like this!"

And the vast swirling blue lashes out at the Armanda like a cosmic storm crashing upon a fleet of ships.

OOC: SUPER TOUGHNESS: 1d20+53: 73
And then I'm going to do as you suggested and use this round to destroy the rest of the Armanda.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kisai
Ysariel wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:59 pmThe attack from your cane shatters the iron spikes holding up the decoy Jasmine, and a second later your focused blast lances through the creature directly under where they had been.

There is no dramatic explosion or fountain of blood, no bloodcurdling scream from the gargantuan demon. For an instant, nothing seems to happen. Then, there is a terrible rumble, followed by a magnitude 3.0 earthquake, and the rows upon rows of titanic iron spikes collapse and splay out as the creature dies with a moaning sigh.

The woman smiles.

"I knew that if anyone could do it, it would be you, Philip," she says. "I am the High Master of Shambhala. But that is not important."

She gestures to the corpse of the dead creature. "It tried to lure you to your end with the image of that woman. Jasmine."

"She must mean much to you, if you risked such danger for her."
"A month ago, I would have said we were soulmates," he responds with a drop in tone. Philip figured this would be coming up, and he wasn't excited about it.

"You don't just stop being soulmates. What happened a month ago?"

"The black magic won." Anger and regret well up inside of him.

"Oh. Well yes, black magic is very corrupting."

"She only started using it to defend herself from her teacher. He was trying to take advantage of her. He demanded she submits to him as 'payment' for his teachings. She said no and he tried to kill her." He holds back the frustration in his voice. The whole magic community seemed to think Jasmine should have surrendered to the vile creature rather than defend herself.

"And you think she changed that day the hunters attacked?"

"I think it was the final straw."

"The thing about final straws is that they are generally harmless unless you have already accumulated many, many more."

Philip looks at her directly. "What are you saying?"

"Black magic is subtle. The corruption is so subtle, that when you finally see it, it's well past too late."

"So it happened before that?"

She nods.

"When?"

"How would I know?"

"Aren't you the Master of Shambhala? Don't you hold the keys to the Akashic Record?"

"If I gave you a date and time, would it make any difference?"

"No, but maybe I could see where I went wrong." Philip's head drops.

"Oh, you know where you went wrong."

"Yeah," he says defeated.

"You knew what she was doing, and you didn't try hard enough to stop her."

"No."

"You could feel the darkness inside her growing, but you didn't push back on her to quit using black magic."

"No."

"Why not?"

In a sheepish tone, Philip says "I was.. I uhh... I.. was..."

"Afraid?"

"Yes. I was afraid if I pushed to hard I would lose her."

"The irony being that you lost her for not pushing hard enough."

"Yeah."

"Balance is a funny thing, you can't always tell you are out of balance until you are falling over."

Philip looks back at her. "I failed her. I failed us."

"Well, you're partially to blame."

"Yeah," he says nodding. "She knew what she was doing. She knew the cost of using black magic. And she could feel the darkness growing inside of her just as I could. She just thought she could handle."

"Fear and arrogance. They have destroyed stronger relationships than yours."

"So what now? Does my failure keep me out of Shambhala?"

"That depends. How did you feel when you sent her to that hell dimension?"

Philip raises his eyebrow, confused by the question. "I didn't send her there. She chose the ritual."

"But you and the demon removed the sacrifices."

"And she started the ritual anyway by attacking me."

"But you didn't even try to negotiate for her freedom."

"No," he says resolutely.

"Why not?"

"I realized that she was too far gone. The Jasmine I know wouldn't have summoned such an eldritch nightmare to fix our relationship. The Jasmine I know would have known she only needed two words."

"But don't you owe her your life many times over?"

"Yeah. I owed her. A lot. Maybe even enough to trade places with her."

"But you didn't."

"I owed the world more. I owed the world not to unleash her on it with her darkness unchecked."

She smiles ever so slightly. "Why did you use her True Name to bind her away from this world?"

"I was afraid."

She raises an eyebrow.

"Afraid one day I wouldn't be able to keep doing it. Keep fighting her and sending her back."

"I see. That's a pretty impressive revelation. Aren't you afraid admitting your fear and weakness could disqualify you from entering Shambhala?"

Philip looks her in the eye. "If the truth gets me banned, a lie sure won't help. If I'm going to be damned, I'll be damned for who I am."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Nightbird & Moonlight
Sacramento, California - Outside the State Capitol Building

The noise of the crowds and the media falls silent as Nightbird begins to speak, leaving only the clicking of cameras and the wail of sirens in the distance as a backdrop. Across the world, countless faces hear her through television screens and witness her battle with Knightfire. Her words about not resorting to prejudice despite Phoenix Bay suffering attack by the Armada, and her reminder that the Champions includes an alien hero, seem to resonate with the crowd looking on from behind police cordons.

The cameras turn away from Cooper's political showmanship to Moonlight, bit her calm expression offers no chink for the Mayor to exploit.

You sense that in the space of moments, the flow of events has shifted. Instead of the Mayor riding a wave of public outrage to rescind Phoenix Bay's status as a Sanctuary City, the story of tonight is of how heroes foiled an incursion by an avatar of hatred. Your measured yet decisive response has prevented the flames of conflict from being fanned.

Cooper steps forward, but a hand on his shoulder stops him. It is the Governor of California state.

"Your Honor," the Governor says. "Perhaps we should not move so hastily. She would not approve if this goes badly..."

"Hrmph!" Cooper huffs, straightening the lapels of his jacket. With his would-be presidency obviously on his mind, he withdraws back into his limousine, and the black vehicle backs out and departs from the Capitol building.

The media crowd forward, but police prevent them from swarming you completely. The Governor withdraws into the Capitol grounds. However, a few minutes later, an aide in a black Western suit pushes through the security forces to speak with Moonlight.

"Hero," he says. "Can you bring your friend? The governor wishes to speak with you both. Privately."
OOC
You may accept or deny the Governor's request to speak privately.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gelert
OOC
You destroy the Armada's Battlefleet Prime as a Standard action, sparing the lives of crew and soldiers where possible. I assume you exclude Kaak-Shar from the area of effect since Gelert will know from round 1 that attacking the Incarnate increases his power level.

Kaak-Shar's power level decreases by 2.
Kaak-Shar's power level: X-2 (-2)
A supernova of pure blue light illuminates the void, followed by countless explosions that blossom like flowers blooming in time-lapse video. The ships of Battlefleet Prime are all instantly turned into useless wrecks as the incalculable power of Hope surges through them, disabling reactors and hyperdrives, frying weapons and electronics. Even with your unimaginable power it is impossible to completely avoid death and injury, as systems fail and un-powered ships collide. But rather than just obliterating the fleet you have instead rendered it inert.

But as the blue light fades there is laughter.

"I SEE NOW, LITTLE DOG. YOU THINK THAT BY DESTROYING THE IMPLEMENTS OF COMBAT, YOU MIGHT WEAKEN THE POWER OF WAR."

Kaak-Shar throws his arms wide, and his titanic, mountain-sized shadow looms over you. "PREPARE TO BE DISAPPOINTED. FOR WAR IS ETERNAL. AND AS WAR INCARNATE, ALL THE TOOLS OF MIGHT AND MENACE ARE MY DOMAIN TO RULE."

Kaak-Shar clenches his fist. And suddenly, you feel the light about you dim, the boundless strength surging through you begin to fade...
OOC
Kaak-Shar uses God of War on you. This is essentially Weaken Toughness, Weaken Damage.

Perception range so hits automatically
Make a DC 60 Will resistance check. For every point you fail the check by, your Toughness and all Damage ranks decrease by 1.

Remember, your powers and traits are all 40 ranks higher, so your Will score is actually 51, and you roll 1d20+51.
Turn Order
-- Gelert *

You are up
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
Condition: Fine

"Sure, I'll go get her." Floating over to Nightbird, Aranel finally let the tension leave her. She couldn't believe it actually worked, Mayor Cooper was more dangerous when speaking than she ever suspected. "Nightbird, the Governor wishes to speak with us privately. The more allies against Cooper's plotting the better."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Noticing that Moonlight was heading towards her, Imogen relaxed as much as she ever did, stepping away from the media to ensure privacy Imogen relied quickly with a brief smile.

"Of course lets go. Was that Cooper's car I saw speeding away from here?"
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Ysariel wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:54 pm Gelert
OOC
You destroy the Armada's Battlefleet Prime as a Standard action, sparing the lives of crew and soldiers where possible. I assume you exclude Kaak-Shar from the area of effect since Gelert will know from round 1 that attacking the Incarnate increases his power level.

Kaak-Shar's power level decreases by 2.
Kaak-Shar's power level: X-2 (-2)
A supernova of pure blue light illuminates the void, followed by countless explosions that blossom like flowers blooming in time-lapse video. The ships of Battlefleet Prime are all instantly turned into useless wrecks as the incalculable power of Hope surges through them, disabling reactors and hyperdrives, frying weapons and electronics. Even with your unimaginable power it is impossible to completely avoid death and injury, as systems fail and un-powered ships collide. But rather than just obliterating the fleet you have instead rendered it inert.

But as the blue light fades there is laughter.

"I SEE NOW, LITTLE DOG. YOU THINK THAT BY DESTROYING THE IMPLEMENTS OF COMBAT, YOU MIGHT WEAKEN THE POWER OF WAR."

Kaak-Shar throws his arms wide, and his titanic, mountain-sized shadow looms over you. "PREPARE TO BE DISAPPOINTED. FOR WAR IS ETERNAL. AND AS WAR INCARNATE, ALL THE TOOLS OF MIGHT AND MENACE ARE MY DOMAIN TO RULE."

Kaak-Shar clenches his fist. And suddenly, you feel the light about you dim, the boundless strength surging through you begin to fade...
OOC
Kaak-Shar uses God of War on you. This is essentially Weaken Toughness, Weaken Damage.

Perception range so hits automatically
Make a DC 60 Will resistance check. For every point you fail the check by, your Toughness and all Damage ranks decrease by 1.

Remember, your powers and traits are all 40 ranks higher, so your Will score is actually 51, and you roll 1d20+51.
Turn Order
-- Gelert *

You are up
OOC: Will Save dc60: 1d20+51: 67

Gelert feels the sudden sapping of the borrowed strength he's been granted to do battle with the Kaak-Shar, like a great hand pressing down to crush him as the light around him fades.

Gelert steels himself and metaphorically sinks his teeth into that hand, the power flaring brighter in retaliation. "Too bad for you this is an tool of protection and hope. Your rule means nothing to it."

Gelert studies his foe, he forces himself to look at the bound souls all across Kaak-Shar's giant form. He's found ways to hamper and inconvenience his foe, but it wasn't enough to stop the war incarnate. Well if fighting this enemy wasn't working, maybe helping the victims it wore displayed across its very form might do something.

"You're existence is a wound on the universe, your every movement and action echoes with the screams of your victims. Its time for a long overdue treatment. Be Healed!" And Gelert summoned up the blue energy once more and sent it forth to wash over the colossus before him, but instead of force, the corgi send out healing energies to sooth, heal, and comfort the trapped lost souls trapped within Kaak-Shar.

OOC: Healing 49 (Increased Range: ranged)
Do I need to roll something for this?
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Kisai
????

There is a long pause as the High Master of Shambhala contemplates you. Then, slowly she nods.

"You now know what happens when we fail to cut out rot before it can spread. You now know the consequence of fearing to take action, only to end up harming those we love. Perhaps you can at last burn out the disease at the heart of Shambhala, and succeed where I failed..."

"Your father is in Shambhala, Kisai," she whispers.

A pause. "I believe he is not an evil man. Proud, stubborn and foolish perhaps, like so many in the Golden City, but not evil. The burden of guarding this world against horrors from beyond hangs heavily on so many of us, and our ideals warp and bend under its tremendous weight. Remember that all those you are about to met once passed the ancient test you now take and were found worthy. Remember that somewhere deep in them is something that can be saved."

"I must go," she whispers. Somehow, she seems less real, less substantial. "But the ancient spells that ward the city grant you passage. Goodbye."

The High Master smiles. As the icy darkness of the blizzard envelopes you, obliterating her from sight, you can't help but remember - didn't Zhang Chong-ren, the Lemurian kid, say that his father was High Master of Shambhala?

But before you can ponder that question too much, the darkness breaks. You are enveloped in brilliant golden light. And then... and then!

OOC

For successfully completing your scene, you gain 2 HP. Your scene ends here, and you will continue your story and be reunited in Shambhala with the others when their scenes complete.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Nightbird & Moonlight
Sacramento, California - State Capitol Building

There is little mistake that it is indeed Cooper's vehicle zooming away from the Capitol, to plot whatever mischief you do not know - but at least you have ended his schemes for the night. The mood of the night has shifted as images of Knightfire's defeat spread across the world, and now the anti-alien forces seem to have lost the wind in their sails. "Heroes! Heroes!" you hear the crowd chant far behind you.

"Without being put to the vote, Cooper's surprise initiative has been abandoned as swiftly as it was proposed," a reported yells into her mic, straining to be heard above the noise of the crowds. "Amid the dramatic events of the night, the two heroes are now being invited to the State Capitol where the Governor intends to personally thank them for their service. This is Channel Six News, reporting live from Sacramento..."

The Governor's men show you inside the Capitol Building in expressionless silence. However, once the doors are closed and you are out of the limelight, their demeanor changes. "We must hurry," one says in a low voice. "There's little time. The All-Seeing Eye might turn on us soon."

You are shown into an opulent office, one of many in the state capitol. Nightbird would not recognize it, but it is in fact the same room that the Governor met Qora in months ago.

"Good evening," says the governor, a Caucasian man in his seventies, with a crown of rapidly greying hair and deepening wrinkles on his forehead. He sits at a desk, and the windows and curtains are shut behind him, Nightbird notices. "I am Governor Brown of the State of California. This might be my only chance to speak with you privately, and I can only spend so long offering you thanks for your service before arousing the suspicions, so please forgive me for getting right down to business."

"How confident are you of removing Cooper and his masters from power?" he asks.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Following quickly behind the aides, Imogen could sense the unease emanating from them and it was further confirmed by the windows and heavy blinds being closed in the room that the Governor met Moonlight and herself.

From the comments of his aides and the precautions that the Governor had taken in this room it was safe to say that Governor Brown is very much aware of the Illuminati and their leader the All Seeing Eye.
"Good evening," says the governor, a Caucasian man in his seventies, with a crown of rapidly greying hair and deepening wrinkles on his forehead. He sits at a desk, and the windows and curtains are shut behind him, Nightbird notices. "I am Governor Brown of the State of California. This might be my only chance to speak with you privately, and I can only spend so long offering you thanks for your service before arousing the suspicions, so please forgive me for getting right down to business."

"How confident are you of removing Cooper and his masters from power?" he asks.
"Very" was Imogen's very succinct response to the Governor's question "I feel very confident speaking for my teammates that the more we have learnt about Mayor Cooper and his actions over the years and the puppet masters pulling his strings that we are now very aware of them and we will be opposing them with all our abilities, the Illuminati and the Lady will be defeated and I can assure you that Cooper will be removed from power."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kisai
HP: 7, Condition: Bruised

Kisai bows with a hidden fist as the Shambhala Master fades.

Father being present complicates things but isn't wholly unexpected. He agreed with the Shambhala Master's assessment... or at least he hoped that was the case. He didn't want his father as an enemy.

He ponders briefly on the Shambhala Master's form. Was it an illusion, false image, imposter, or something else? In the end, it didn't really matter. Whatever the reason, Philip has a job to do.