[OOC] Critical Mass (2e oneshot)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Critical Mass (2e oneshot) - Recruiting through August 3rd

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Prof Weird wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:41 pm So, if she created a wall, it could be up to rank 12 in size, but if she tried to trap someone inside a stone box, it would be PL10 ?
Basically. Also, dropping things on people. Toughness is a tricky bit in that it theoretically didn't directly impact PL, but when it's used to defend or block...
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

If you had toughness at a higher level with create object how would you manage PL? Say you had create object 20 in a PL 10 game. As GM would you just say only +12dc to damage or what?
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Poodle wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:01 pm If you had toughness at a higher level with create object how would you manage PL? Say you had create object 20 in a PL 10 game. As GM would you just say only +12dc to damage or what?
Alternately, they just would not allow it. I personally would only allow PL 10 in damage from dropping, with maybe suggesting to the person in question that they could accept a reduced Reflex save to keep with PL, but that banning the increased rank might be an option of it seems excessive.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Well, even if it's just this four, we should be good to go. :)
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Oh cool. I was waiting to bhear if Flicker was acceptable or needed tweaking. I guess not.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Poodle wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:55 pm Oh cool. I was waiting to bhear if Flicker was acceptable or needed tweaking. I guess not.
I did forget to check the math. I think he may be 2 over on feats. You have 14 pp of feats, and Unattractive for -1, but state it as 11.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I fixed it and got rid of x-ray vision for darkvision instead.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Cool. It looks like we have four people. I plan to launch the IC topic tonight.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Cool. Can't wait.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Just realized I haven't update my sheet with Complications, that's being done as we speak. And one note to Fuzzy, I understand your concern re: me using flawed Protection vs Defensive Roll. I've just always thought that Defensive Roll is too expensive, as for the same cost you can buy straight Protection without any limit on it. However, my build is extremely tight, so at the moment, I am fine with owing you an XP, and will buy it as straight Defensive Roll should the game continue.

As well as a Swing Line because, man, if I hadn't thought of getting a ride in the ambulance, I'd have been SOL for getting to the plant on time!

As an FYI, I am out at a family reunion as of this afternoon, and likely not returning home until Monday morning or early afternoon. While I will have internet access, it will be via phone, and I hate, hate, HATE, formatting IC posts on my phone, so I will likely be out of touch until Monday. Also, my Complications are up and I am good to go!
FuzzyBoots

Re: [OOC] Critical Mass (2e oneshot)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I will try to post the next bit tonight, but things are a bit tight between work and rehearsal. Sorry.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

It is OK..we know you have a real life as well. Thanks for running the game.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:49 pm [Are there any rolls or such needed for Geos and Cors approach/reconnaissance? And do we see the sniper that took a shot at Flicker? {assumption}]
I didn't want to assume you'd already started moving in, as it looked like you were still talking it out. And no, you see no sniper (FWIW, there's no gunshot sound either).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Do you need anything from any player, FB? Stealth rolls from Geo or Corey, perhaps?
"Something pithy this way comes."