G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

Post by jmucchiello »

Kara texts back, "How about tonight? His bar is on Ember St. Around 8?"

With her confirmation, Kara showers and changes into something casual and grabs her leather jacket before heading out to the bar.

(ooc: I'd like mrdent to describe the exterior/interior of the bar so I'm stopping here. Perhaps Rick notices Kara and Lindy arrive at the bar.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
HP: 1
LP: 1
CND: Normal
<=>

Days of endlessly trawling through every part of the internet, scraping every bit of the barrel for any tidbits of information, have all universally led to one conclusion. Nobody knew anything. Not for certain. There were some hard facts sprinkled through what he's read such as the number of survivors and those dead, as well as the fact that he and four others came out seemingly unscathed. Even then, their names weren't publicly revealed. Which made it all the more concerning when the letter came in.

"Dad," Tabitha had told him when he got home that night. "Someone left slipped this through the door earlier, think it's for you."

Needless to say he had been curious yet cautious, opening the letter with care. The moment his eyes read it's contents his face locked up and he quickly excused himself to analyze the letter in private, having to put off his daughter's questioning looks for later. He didn't have the proper tools t home for such a thing, but he'd watched more then enough forensic dramas over the years to draw on for inspiration. So he did whatever he could to gather anything useful from the letter. Fingerprints, hair, dirt, even trying to identify the toner and paper itself. (Investigation (Gather evidence): 29)

When all avenues were exhausted, he felt it was time to head out somewhere and think. And only one place came to mind that night.

So with a hasty explanation he was heading out for a few hours, he got in his car and drove off. Jacobies was on the other side of town for him, and with the speed his mind was traveling at right now the journey felt as if it took hours. At the end of it, he was left with the beginnings of what could grow into a pressing headache. He'd been getting those a lot more frequently since he woke up, and he had his theories as to why. Alcohol wasn't going to help anymore, that just seemed to make them all the worse, and this new mentality of his came with this desire to keep himself as lucid as he possibly can.

When he finally sat down at the bar, he calmly asked the woman there for water and some fries. Something he could nurse and nibble on for however long it took for him to reach a plan for his next step.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

Lindy checks Kara's reply. 8 at Rick's place? A quick glance at the time showed there was time to shower and change. After a quick text back acknowledging the time and place, Lindy took a quick shower to freshen up after being out all day. After showering, she put on her noormal minimal makeup and threw on some nice jeans and a blouse. Before heading out she re-read the anonymous letter. It was puzzling. Who could have sent it? What did they know? Was this a trap and she would be kidnapped and sent to a secret facility for testing, never to see the light of day again? Had someone been spying on her and seen the unusual occurrences? It would have been easy enough to do. She had a habit of getting so involved with work that she didn't notice the other things around her.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

HP:1

Lee's impulsive act is an expensive one. Fortunately, he had comprehensive car insurance on the truck, but there would be out-of-pocket expenses that would hurt. The worst part is explaining what happened to both the insurance agent and mechanic. To make the whole event more "palatable", he concocts a story that takes liberty with the truth. Lee tells both that he wasn't paying attention to how fast he was driving when veered into his driveway. Feeling distraught over his family's recent injuries, he unwittingly speeds up his driveway on a collision course with the house. As his story goes, he suddenly slams on his breaks and his body collides with the steering wheel, causing the damage. It's not the world's greatest lie, but both the mechanic and agent are at a loss to explain how such unusual damage could occur any other way.

Until such damage is repaired, he must also purchase a rental car over the next week to get around...more expenditures that are bound to squeeze the family budget.

On the bright side, his brother-in-law Charles is proving to be a saint. In addition to helping care for the kids over the next few days, he drives Lee to the car rental business. He finds Lee's story regarding the truck hard to believe, and even more unbelievable given the fact that Lee doesn't appear injured in the slightest. Still, he keeps his mouth shut and counts it all as a blessing.

The following day, a strange envelope is mixed with the regular mail. Lee almost misses it, but just notices the lack of writing in the outside. Curious, he opens it. From the moment he reads the opening sentence, his mind begins to race. There is something wrong with me. I had no injuries from the blast. I get a special room at the hospital with all those other uninjured people. I demonstrate very abnormal strength. I wonder what else is wrong with me?

Lee is supposed to go back to the hospital to visit Margie this evening. Before he does, there's a couple of places he wants to visit: Carroway Park and Tim Horton's donut shop.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Rick Jones
CND: Fine

The last few days had been different to say the least. With just a smile, people were charmed by him and a menacing look made them do whatever he said. Sure, he looked like the sort who used to beat people up for a living, which he in fact did sometimes. Even back then, people put up some resistance. It was almost too easy. Whole day's worth of collections now took maybe a few hours. On top of that, he found himself not really hungry anymore or thirsty for that matter. He still enjoyed the tastes, but if he went without no big deal. Best not to look a gift horse in the mouth though. Never knew when it would end.

A few days passed, like this. Getting back to the bar one morning after staying over at Melissa's place, he found the letter. It was strange. Looking at the early staff with an interrogative face, they both said they had no idea. By their reckoning, it was a joke or someone wanting to meet for Ricks other business. A lot of people in different positions that didn't want to be identified owed him, so a note saying to meet somewhere didn't seem too out of place. Answers could have been a code word. For safety reasons, Rick kept his bar staff at arms reach when it came to his loan business.

That night was one where a few city council people came for their weekly poker game as well as some regular pool players coming to try their luck with each other. Usually a good night to get new accounts. Others who came just wanted to hide out from the social norms where you couldn't smoke, slap waitresses on the arse, or make lewd jokes. The last lot didn't borrow money, but where needed to keep up the appearance of the bar as an actual business.

Around 8, Rick was in a booth with one of the unlucky pool players. He needed a buy in for the pool tournament that his buddies organized ad hoc, a thousand dollars, which Rick was glad to front for 50% interest after three days and 50% every day after that. Being a bit cocky, the bloke agreed. Rick was writing up the debt in his ledger and just passed over the cash when he spotted the people form the hospital. Must have been one of those sad lot who gave him the note he thought while finishing up the record.

Walking over to Jack sitting in one of the bar stools that hadn't been cleaned well in a few months, Rick took a seat. "Are you messing with me? Leaving me notes with those two chicks now?", says Rick in an annoyed tone indicating the others who showed up.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

Jack felt him coming before he even left the booth, some niggling sensation in that now ever present buzzing sensation. A form of psychic section perhaps. It made him wonder just what he was actually capable of, but the opportunity never presented itself.

When he turned to face him however, a chill swept across his spine. There was something very off about the man now that he just hadn't noticed before. Intimidating he might've been, this was definitely something more.

"It wasn't just me then." He muttered nebulously. Swishing the water in his cup to take his focus away that oddly frightening visage, he considered Rock's words. "I was thinking about getting into contact with you four again, but that letter wasn't mine. Someone else knows about us..."
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kara sits at a table that looks like it was wiped down with an unwashed rag. She watches Jack come in and sit at the bar. She was going to talk to him when Lindy walked in a joined her. "How's it going?" she starts the small talk with before bringing up the envelope. Just as she mentions the strange envelope she sees Rick sit next to Jack at the bar. "So you got a letter too? I wonder if those two got one too." She says as she points at them just as Rick is looking over. She waves at him cheerfully, hoping to annoy him.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Rick Jones

"I don't like people messing with me. You don't seem like the stupid type would would try though.", says Rick still annoyed yet less going to punch Jackson in the face like. Someone actually ordering the food was punishment enough. The last time the kitchen was proper clean was when Rick took ownership of the bar. Since then, every inspector had been either bribed or threatened to give it a passing grade. It was kept as clean as it needed to be so the place didn't burn down or someone get deathly ill. Rick didn't have the sort of influence with judges like before.

Getting up, he walks over to Kara as if he was was going to throw her out like a drunk. Getting over to the table, he didn't throw her out just yet. "What is your problem? Leaving notes at my bar and now showing up? You better not be stalking me.", says Rick clearly pissed off. Punching her, dragging her out, and kicking her wouldn't do in public not to mention those days were behind him. Still, his body language screamed the desire to hurt her.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

"Yeah... I didn't think I'd be." He muttered into his water, avoiding the fries he'd ordered entirely. There was something off about them that he didn't want to get involved with, and he had a feeling that the bar wasn't quite as clean as it looked. Silently Jack watched as Rick approached the two woman and started to accuse them instead, which made his earlier pointed accusation seem even less credible. Was he really just going to do that with each of them? Furthermore... Why were they here too?

Coincidences just seem to keep happening around them.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kara looks at Rick like he's nuts. "What? You think you're the only one who got a mysterious envelope?" She pulls her copy of the note from her bag. "Take it down a notch. Someone knows who we are. Perhaps we talk about how we're going to deal with it. We all apparently got them. Don't know about the family man, but I assume he got one too. We already know we know each other. Why would we send such a note? Think. It's got to be someone else."

She pauses a moment to let that breathe a little. "Now, I hate to bring this up, but have any of you had anything else strange happen around you? Particularly that you can do things you couldn't before?"
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

Lindy saw Kara seated in a booth easily, her eyesight allowing her to see things in the dimly lit bar as clear as if in daylight. It was unnerving. She gave a quick wave and joined her.

"Ugh! Don't they ever clean in this place?" she commented upon seeing the barely wiped table.

"The past few days have been....interesting. At least the weather is nice. I've been doing some sightseeing near the lake. It's difficult because of all the police and firefighters."

At the mention of the letter, Lindy froze for a brief moment and a look of panic crossed her face.

"A letter? I did get a weird letter with instructions for a meeting. I thought it was just some creep who wanted to hit on me creatively."

Then that a-hole Rick came over and accused Kara of stalking him. In his dreams!

"Look, there is something strange going on. Why don't you do something useful like get this table cleaned properly, get us some drinks, and sit your ass down and discuss this politely." Lindy told Rick.

She was in no mood for bullies.

"Now Kara, what exactly do you mean by being able to do things you couldn't before? I presume you don't mean suddenly being able to play an instrument or sing or something like that? "

Lindy thought for a moment before continuing. Then lowered her voice.

"There have been a few...incidents that I chalked up to a possible brain injury. At least that's what WebMD suggested based on my symptoms. But there have been a couple that did not fit that possible cause including one earlier today."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Okay, I know this sounds crazy but I can hear.... stuff. Electronics. You know that hum you can hear when stuff isn't grounded properly? I can hear that hum all the time."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

"That might be a symptom of brain injury. We don't know what happened to us out there, only that we were hit by intense pressure. My vision has been acting up recently and I may have had halucinations. It might be better if we could talk in private to avoid eavesdropping. Whomever sent the letters might be watching and listening."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Rick Jones

If it wasn't the three present, Someone else was having a death sentence. "Coming to my place and wanting to talk about this than telling me to sit down? I should kick the two of you out right now even if you aren't the ones stupid enough to try to mess with me. So what, you can hear electricity or have some brain injury or some sh**. You two clearly aren't from town or you know just coming here everyone would be thinking you two were working girls. The doctors checked us all out and gave us a clean bill of health. Whoever sent the notes is just an idiot.", say Rick ignoring the other comments as if they didn't even matter.
"That might be a symptom of brain injury. We don't know what happened to us out there, only that we were hit by intense pressure. My vision has been acting up recently and I may have had halucinations. It might be better if we could talk in private to avoid eavesdropping. Whomever sent the letters might be watching and listening."
"Take a look around sweetheart. Only people here have learned to keep to their own business come here. Even if they knew something, ratting anyone out would get them killed or ratted out themselves probably.", says Rick pointing to the table of poker playing city officials who were likely playing for some serious stakes based on the furrowed brows and the pool players that occasionally mentioned what happen to people who failed to pay up for a lost game."The others who come here jus don't give a sh**. None of them would be stupid enough to send me a letter like I got. It's obvious how to dal with the guy who sent the letters. Make it so he can't type or write again. If he wants to do that voice stuff, make it so he can't talk either.", says Rick as he goes to get a pint from his private keg.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

What a character of a man, Jack thought to himself as he caught bits and pieces of their words. He took out some aspirin powder to add to his drink, earning a look from someone who probably thought it was more illicit then it really was. With one gulp he downed the rest of his water in hopes of staving off the headache a bit longer.

Though he never touched the fries once he still left appropriate pay on the counter for the bartender to pick up, before moving to the girls at their booth.

"Seems we all had the same idea. I just wish we all thought of something better instead. Mind if I sit down?"
------------