G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

Post by jmucchiello »

"Please do, Jack," Kara says. "We're having a pleasant conversation. Rick just told a great joke."

"It's not brain damage. That makes no sense. Oh, that guy over there. His phone is about to ring." And from across the room, she sees the guy reach into his pocket and look at his phone before putting it up to his ear.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
HP: 1
LP: 1
CND: Normal
<=>

His brow furrowed just a smidgen at Kara's proven prediction. It doesn't take him long at all for him to come up with an accurate conclusion. "You can sense electrical signals and accurately understand their patterns."

As Jack slid down into an open spot, he mentally- and visually? - checked off another box. He waved his hand, dismissing the strange figment away. That had been happening more often lately, and it was easily the strangest ability he'd discovered.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I was just asking if anyone else had discovered anything weird going on. But yeah, I kind of hear electronics, that's a good description of what I've discovered. I can also sense all the wires in the walls." Kara says to Jack. "You seem... different."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

"A little..." He admits, as he takes a mental break to consider just how to fully explain what's happened to himself. "My brain is... Different now. I can feel it. It's faster then before, more efficient, adaptable. I've read more medical journals in the past few days then I think most doctors have their entire careers, yet everything is still as clear to me as when I first read them."

Pausing, he looks down at his hands with a contemplative eye. "I could probably scrub in to someone getting a craniotomy right this very moment and do just as well as any seasoned neural surgeon. It's... not just that either. Everything just comes easier to me now. To be honest, it's a little frightening."
------------
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

"Look, none of this makes any sense. Maybe it isn't a brain injury. I don't know. I've been looking for answers and found nothing. I searched my symptoms online and it came up as a possible brain injury. How else do you explain it? My eyesight has changed. I can see better in dim lighting and just by starlight. If I concentrate, I can read the labels on the bottles behind the bar. Then there were the incidents where I halucinated I was glowing and another that I fell out of a tree and didn't hit the ground. I'm scared. I haven't talked to a doctor yet. I don't want to be locked up as insane or be experimented on."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

HP:1

Lee only spends about 5 minutes at Carroway Park and the little Donut shop. He never even gets out of his rental car. The Park is still cordoned off, and the donut shop is...well...just a donut shop.

He pulls out the blank envelope and letter, places them in the passenger's seat, and drives off to the hospital.

Before going up to Margie's room, he drops by the information desk and asks one of the LPNs on duty to "buzz" Nurse Duby and request her presence. When Lloyd gives his name, the nurse remembers him clearly as one of the "odd five" from the Park disaster. Though busy she manages to drop by for a brief moment.

"Hello, Mr. Tremblay, how many I help you?""

"I'm sorry to bother you, ma'am, but I had a quick question. I'm interested in speaking to some of the other patients like me. You know...the one's who were near the blast, but unhurt. You know I'm kinda thick-headed sometimes...I can't remember any of their names. The only one I can partially remember you calling out was the bar-owner. Was it Johnson? Jackson?"

The nurse looks somewhat annoyed at the mention of his name. "Yes...I remember. It was Mr. Jones. But I can't give you any personal information like phone numbers or addresses or anything really. Sorry."

"That's ok, ma'am, I think I can find his establishment on my own. Thank you."

Since Lloyd has some time to spare before visiting his wife for her evening meal, he decides to look up some of the local bars along with reviews, comments, and information about ownership. Unfortunately, He doesn't get any information that clearly identifies the bar that Jones owns. He ends up calling 4 or 5 different establishments before landing the right one.

As he pulls into the parking area, he immediately gets a sordid vibe. Is this really it? Lloyd had been in Biker-bars before, so it wan't a huge shock. He places the letter inside his coat pocket and enters the establishment, looking for Rick in particular.
OOC: I took some liberties with the Nurse Duby conversation. I can retcon if I overstepped my bounds.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

As he looked at the woman while she spoke, he visually imagined a string of information surrounding her with each tidbit, his mind picking out what he needed to focus on specifically. Increased sensitivity to light both visual and ultraviolet, heightened visual acuity, observation of a 'glowing' phenomena, and the resitince towards normal gravitational forces, otherwise known as human flight. What was the common thread?

He cupped his chin as he thought of it fits mental hour, before coming to his only conclusion. "You're not suffering from a brain injury. We were already cleared as being in percect health before they released us, and with having been in comas they definitely would've given us brain scans as well. They would've noticed if something like that was wrong. I think... There's more to what you can do then just this. Something about this information feels too incomplete and scattered, but I beleive you might have some measure of control over photonic particles. It might even explain your observed flight."
------------
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

"Flight? Like in the comic books or a plane? And photonic particles? You mean I can control light? I'm some sort of freak now?" Lindy asked with fear in her voice as she imagined being locked away, never to see Emily again.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Who says photonic?" Kara says. "You seem very different, Jack. What happened to you?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
CND: Impaired
<=>

"What's wrong is-" He starts, before suddenly grabbing his head and wincing in pain. "My head... Really hurts."

The longer he holds his head and tries to massage away the ache, the louder an incomprehensible buzzing sounds off not just inside the heads of Kara and Lindy, but everyone else in the entire bar and even those just outside. It's only when a young waitress drops her tray, breaking the plates and leaving food and drink scattered on the ground that he notices long enough to try and reign it in. The buzzing tapers off.

"What's wrong is that my head hurts, and sometimes... Sometimes that starts to happen."
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

As the buzzing begins, Kara feels a tingling in her fingers. Sparks hop between her fingers. She can't believe her eyes. The clatter of the tray snaps her out of her shock and sparks fade. She looks about the table, silently (for once) wondering if the others noticed the sparks.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

HP:1

Lloyd walks through the front doors of the bar, his head swivels from side to side as he scans the room from any sign of Rick. He had vague memories of the other four "co-patients" -as he thinks of them. To his surprise he sees some of them sitting at a table in the midst of the bar. The surprise causes him to do a double-take as he originally looks right over them.

What in the...? He begins to move slowly...very slowly towards the table where Jackson, Lindy, and Kara are seated. The look on Lloyd's face is one of confused disbelief.

As he reaches the table he tries not to speak too loudly so as not to frighten anyone. "Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen,...are...you guys here by coincidence?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
CND: Impaired
<=>

Though the pounding hasn't subsided, it's dulled enough for him to be vaguely coherant. He only hopes it passes quickly, and no more of those weird 'outbursts' trigger again. He's still trying to figure that one out.

Lloyd's voice is a welcome distraction. "Mr. Tremblay... This is definitely the weirdest coincidence I've ever experienced before. I'd bet you got a letter too, and you're not quite yourself either."
------------
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

"Please join us. Kara and I planned on meeting here. Jackson was at the bar, saw us all alone, and joined us. We all received cryptic letters and we were just ruling out me having a brain injury."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"And we're sharing our odd occurrences. Have a seat. You have any?" Kara says, finally looking away from her fingertips.