G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainChaos

Re: G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

Lindy stopped and looked at the man. He did not look familiar and yet that was unsurprising as she was not a resident. He lacked a sense of style and color. Perhaps he was colorblind?

"I'm sorry, have we met?" she asked the strange man.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

Lloyd sits in the car for almost a minute looking through the glass windows of the donut shop. He sees his "co-abnormals" sitting inside the shop next to an elderly man. Is this what we were worried about?

He slowly gets out of the car and nervously approaches the entrance. With a press of a button he locks the car door behind him. Slowly opening the door, his eyes move about the interior of the shop. Although he is no expert, he remembers his basic hunting instincts, looking about for anything out of place.

As he approaches his new acquaintances at the table, he nods. "So, any sign of who we're supposed to meet here?"
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The elder man waits patiently and silently, as you speculate and look him over with the aire of one waiting for children to settle down for storytime, knowing eventually they will settle and be ready. To Kara's senses, the man doesn't have so much as a pager on him. No pacemaker or hearing implants either.

"Yes, it is I who left you the notes. A shame Rick declined, but what is life without freedom of choice." He looks steadily at the four of you assembled. "And choice, is what ultimately brought you four here today. The choice to learn. I will save us a little time and address this directly; I know who each of you is, and that you have come into the possession of abilities beyond that of normal human beings. You are indeed still human beings yourselves, you've simply been touched by something.... "other", with your abilities being the result of that contact."

As he speaks plainly, like a man that despite his patients also having no time to waste on anything unimportant, you might worry that others in the Tim's might overhear. Oddly, if any of you were to look around, the place is empty. Even Kara, having just been speaking to the young lady at the register and picking up her order, cannot see anyone. The registers are silent, simply awaiting the next order to be placed. The timers in the back for the next batch of doughnuts tick away monotonously, though it's still a while before those will be ready. You also don't recall anyone leaving the place, despite having a fair, if light, amount of patrons prior to the man's appearance.

"And this leads to your next choice..what you choose to do with these new abilities. Rule above a society unable to harm you? Manipulate it to your own ends? Protect it from threats it cannot defend against? Or perhaps live quietly and try to forget the abilities you have come into possession of? However, I believe you still have questions, so please, I will do my best to answer them to your ability to understand."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Why?" Kara says flatly. After a brief pause, she continues. "Is that too broad? Why now? Why here? Why so much destruction?" She looks at him earnestly. "Who caused the event? Why? And how are you involved?"
Supernaturalist

Lloyd Lee Tremblay
HP:1
Cnd: Normal

Lloyd is surprised by the appearance of the elderly man whom he had not noticed before. It takes him a few moments to overcome the shock, so he merely sits silently as the man speaks. Like Kara, he wonders "Why?", but she gets the question out before he does. In fact, she asks all the questions a lot better than Lloyd, so he just keeps his mouth shut.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
HP: 2
LP: 1
CND: Normal
<=>

Jackson had many, many questions. Somewhere in the neighborhood of two thousand in fact, though he admits that most of them are fairly inane and wouldn't amount to much. Classically, it seems that someone else has already beaten him to the punch of the most prudent of questions, and chose instead to sit silent and analyze the man's answers. It'd certainly help to narrow down his list.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

They all had questions. The man told them they had a choice. What to do with their respective abilities. Was he expecting them to form some sort of superhero team? The idea seemed absurd. They could become rulers. Definitely not for her. Manipulate society? How would she even begin to do something like that? It wasn't as if she was overly charismatic. Revenge on Derek perhaps? Tempting, but also stooping to his level. Try to live a normal life knowing that you were more powerful than your friends and neighbors? Possible but very difficult, particularly when you didn't get hungry anymore, could defy gravity, and who knows what else? What if you slipped and accidentally revealed one of your abilities? Would they be frightened and call the authorities? Would they be happy and urge you to go out and help others? What would Emily think? It was a question she had considered asking her daughter but put off.

"Of all the people at the lake and festival, why only us? Why just the five of us?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

"Why seems to be the prevailing interest, so I will begin there." The elder-looking man shifts ever so slightly, straightening his back.

"Put simply, there is no special reason. Call it fate, destiny, Blind luck, good or bad. What happened was not supposed to. But happen it did and you four, plus Rick, recieved abilities beyond mortal capability, and now all must abide the consequences of this for good or ill."

He pauses to let it sink in that you weren't chosen by any metric or for any traits you possess or lack. Simply the wrong place at the wrong time, or right place at the right time, depending on your individual perspectives.

"Unfortunately, I cannot divulge the details of what happened. It is not a matter of confidentiality, or not knowing but literal inability. I am bound by forces that preclude me divulging information of what happened to any detail. Suffice to say it was an attack, but not on humanity and that those involved could not have foreseen the result of the action they took."

"For my own part, consider me...damage control, to an extent. I am not here to enforce any manner of over you, but to answer what questions I can, and perhaps to observe, to allow my superiors to take what actions they may deem necessary. Suffice to say, they believe in free choice, so seek not to inhibit you, but merely adjust to account for the choices you make."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"And let me guess: you can't explain who or what these 'forces' binding you are," Kara says sarcastically. "That's not very helpful or reassuring."
Supernaturalist

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

Lloyd looks at the older man and asks bluntly, "Can it be undone? I mean is there a way to get rid of these...abnormalities?" He struggles to contain his anxiety, but his discomfort is there for all to see.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

Lindy let the words sink in for a moment. So what happened to them was not planned and it was the result of an attack.

"If what happened to us was unplanned, not supposed to happen, what was supposed to happen? You said it was an attack. An attack on who or what exactly? You said we had a choice to make. What happens if we just all walk away and go back to a normal life?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

Jackson sat learned forward with the tips of his fingers together, pointed downward. Already the words and theories were starting to stream around his head in loose order, visible to him alone. One of the more prevalent ones was regarding just who- or more accurate, what this man before them really was. Lesser men would look upon this and exclaim that he and his superiors were gods, but he wasn't so sure that was really the case. Were they even from Earth? Space, perhaps? Maybe even something higher then that. A different dimension, one that was close to this but not entirely of the same wavelength.

"What indeed." He agreed with Lindy, "You're not human, are you." He asked, or more stated.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The elder man patiently listens to the questions. "There is no way to reverse it that I am aware of. You will have these abilities until the day you die. No-one, however, is forcing you to use them. Once you have gained a measure of control over your abilities, you are free to never utilize them, or utilize them only in dire circumstances. That is the choice you have; the choice of what you will do with these abilities. You do not need to tell me what you intend, nor must you decide on anything in anything less than your own time."

He looks to Lindy specifically. "The details of the attack itself is irrelevant to you. It has happened, nothing can change that. All you can decide is what to do moving forward. No-one is attempting to recruit you as some manner of... soldier. You have nothing, in particular, to walk away from. Use your abilities as you see fit, or do not. The only consequences will be those of your own making."

Turning towards Jack, he inclines his head, ever so slightly, but does not deign to elaborate on the topic.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

That inclination is all the explanation he needed to confirm a few of his theories, which in turned opened the door for a dozen more. None of which, it seemed, looked like they could be answered by the being before them. "Are there others like us on our world, or more, is there a chance that these... 'attacks' could happen again with similar effects?"
------------
Supernaturalist

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

Lloyd sat silent in disbelief. This can't be. What am I going to tell everyone? They won't believe me. Worse yet, what will they think of me after they know.

The burly man begins to get a little salty after the conversation fails to go the way he wants. "And who exactly are you? How do you know all this? Is this some government experiment gone haywire?"