G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: G.A.M.E. Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e IC)

Post by EpicEclipse »

<<Fast forward a few days as you are all meeting up>>
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
HP: 2
LP: 1
CND: Normal
<=>

He sat in a quiet booth, slowly turning his warm cup in his hands. It was still too hot for him, but he estimates it'll only take another minute to reach the perfect temperature. A cream-filled eclair sat half-eaten on his plate already, and there was a small plate of other assorted pastries already waiting for his companion's arrival. He didn't know how she took her coffee, so he left that un-ordered for now. She would be here soon enough.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Lloyd Lee Tremblay
HP:1
Cnd: Normal
jmucchiello wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:13 pm Kara texts back, "Same shop? Have you spoken to any of the others?"
Lloyd leaves his phone in the truck, and thus doesn't see it until he's finished with his heater-installation job.

After seeing the text, he immediately responds. "<Yeah, the same donut shop...but I haven't reached out to anyone else yet. Do you want me to contact anyone from "the gang"'? I seriously doubt they're in town, but I could try>."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kara texts back. "<I thought you might know if anyone was still in the area. They can always come here later if they wish.>"

She sends texts to the other two, as separate texts. "<Hey, I'll be in the old stomping grounds this week. Today, I'm meeting with the family man.>" She hopes that's not so vague as to arose additional suspicion.

Shortly after texting, she arrives at the Hortons and walks in the front door. "How have you been, old friend?" she asks loud enough to make it sound like old friends meeting after a time. She sits down. "How are the kids?"
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

After the brief discussion with Jackson, Lindy grabbed an overnight duffel bag she kept handy for sudden gigs. She had contemplated flying all the way there on her own but dropped the idea after weighing the risks. Instead she booked a last minute flight out of Seattle, a hotel in Kelowna, and rental car up there. The price was ridiculous but worth it. Something was happening in Kelowna and she needed to investigate if only to see if there were any clues as to what exactly happened. If she was able to find clues as to who or what had been responsible, even better.

She drove to the nearby airport and parked in the long term lot. Lindy knew there were cameras everywhere so she had to be careful. Once inside the main terminal building she ducked into a restroom and when no one was looking, turned invisible. Then it was just a matter of slipping out and exiting the building while soneone entered. Once outside she lifted off the ground defying gravity without an aircraft. Less than two hours later she was in Seattle waiting to board her flight. She texted Jackson to update him.

Later she casually strolled into the Tim Hortons and ordered a sandwich and iced coffee. Looking around, she spotted Jackson.

"Jackson! It's been so long since I last saw you." she said excitedly as she approached his booth acting like a long time aquaintance.
Supernaturalist

Lloyd Lee Tremblay
jmucchiello wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:30 pm Shortly after texting, she arrives at the Hortons and walks in the front door. "How have you been, old friend?" she asks loud enough to make it sound like old friends meeting after a time. She sits down. "How are the kids?"
A little slow on the uptake, Lloyd raises an eyebrow at the words "old friend". At the same time, Kara's cordial greeting makes him smile. Unsure of how "warm" to greet her, he opts for the default hug. "The boys?...they are both 'wide open'...and ya know what?...I love it. They are as restless as I am...just constantly going until bed time."

He pulls a chair out from the table for Kara, then sits back down, taking up his coffee. "I'm curious to know how you and the rest of the celebs are doing. When things started getting weird around here again, I thought you'd be back. I'll be honest, I've been negligent in my investigations of the park." Lloyd looks away from Kara's face and stares out the window. "Part of me wishes the strangeness would all just go away."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

Lindy arrived just after Jack finally took a savoring sip of his coffee. One might think a man like him would prefer it black, but with the amount of energy his brain can use, a little extra sugar goes a long way.

"Lindy. It's been awhile." He tilted his head towards the plate of doughnuts he'd already ordered. "Help yourself to those if you want. I hope the media hasn't been hounding you too hard, unless that's what you've been hoping for I suppose. I've managed to subvert their attention away from myself for now, personally."

At some point, two other familiar brain-patterns had entered his detection range. How oddly coincidental.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Well, that would be ideal," Kara says. She lowers her voice, "We need to get in there and figure what's going on. I know we aren't responsible. But I feel responsible. Right?"
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

Lindy set her sandwich and drink on the table and took a seat across from Jackson.

"For a couple of weeks my agent and I were getting interview requests. My agent was pushing me to accept claimimg tge exposure would be good for my business. I just wanted to avoid the attention. I did get ambushed at a convention in California I was at for a last minute gig by a reporter for a science fiction magazine. They wanted to know if I thought the disaster was a government coverup or aliens. I barely got away from there. I've seen some odd news here and there about recent activities at the park. Have you heard anything specific? All I've read about is strange sights and sound and people getting sick. I wonder if it's some kind of radiation?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

"Aliens, in a fashion yes. Government coverup? Jury's still out on that. Just be careful you don't draw the wrong sort of attention. There's only so much I can do to manipulate information about us online." Jack admits as he sets his cup down off to his left side. He relaxes into his seat, hands in his lap as he mentally reviews the information he had gathered. A frown worms it's way onto his face when he does.

"For once, I likely know about as much as any of us do right now. Maybe a little more, but it's nothing worth putting out on the table to review. It could be anything, but some form of radiation is a plausible explanation. Perhaps some form of exotic particles are leaking through the weakened fabric between our reality and Theirs. I simply don't know yet, I haven't been able to go out and gather data firsthand. At first I simply didn't have the equipment I needed to measure with, but now i just can't get through without risk of exposure."

The man brings a fist to his cheek and rests against it, looking at her with tired, sleepless eyes. "It's why I thought to get into touch with you, someone who can manipulate photons. I believe if you hadn't already discovered it on your own, that you can likely bend light around yourself and others completely. Maybe even other forms of light such as infrared, masking heat signatures too."
------------
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Lindy Tommasi

Lindy listened as Jackson talked about his efforts to investgate. It was too bad he had thus far been unsuccessful. He talked about her ability to bend light. It was true that she could make herself invisible. She wasn't sure exactly how it worked but the concept of bending light around herself coukd be the method. She hadn't tried using it on others or to hide from heat sensors. Why would she want to do that anyway? She was a photographer, not a crook.

"Yes, I have been able to become invisible. I haven't tried using it on anyone else. As for that other thing, masking heat signatures? Haven't even considered it." she said softly to avoid eavesdropping.

"Do you have a plan? Do you have the equipment you need to check for radiation?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

He shrugged his shoulders in response. "It's all just speculation on my part anyway. From my perspective; yours, Karas', and mine are fairly logical in nature. If you exclude how it's even possible in the first place. Lloyd... He's an outlier. I'm not sure how it all comes together, but it's probably something simpler then anticipated. Gravitons maybe. I'd rather not start poking any of you with needles just yet, so I'm not exactly about to drag him or the rest of us into my lab just to find out."

Jack let his head shift forward, partly covering his mouth as considered it a moment longer. The visible corner of his lips quirked upward in an amused smirk. "Later though, probably. I'll make sure to have the liability waivers ready for it."

A sigh, and he sat up proper again. "Back to the now though. I had the equipment for it, though I've cannibalized a lot of it for parts to get a workspace started in the garage. I'm thinking I need to design something different anyway, something that could pick up would normal surverying gear wouldn't. It'll take me a few days to get everything together."
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kara hears a familiar voice and turns. Across the crowded room she see Jackson and Lindy. She laughs. "They're over there," she tells Lloyd. "Not sure we should be seen together but it's probably too late now." Kara uses her abilities to make Jackson and Lindy's phone's vibrate. A text from no phone number appears on their phones say to look left (or right). When they look her way, she gives a small wave to catch their attention. Another text follows, "We'll come to you."

"Let's go sit with them, Lloyd."
Supernaturalist

Lloyd Lee Tremblay

Lloyd follows Kara over to Jackson and Lindy's table. As far a he knew, these were the only four people in the world with super-normal abilities. And there all here in a small Canadian, coffee shop. Who would have thought?

"Well boys and girls, I suppose you didn't come back to Kelowna for the Chinese food. It's the strange goings-on by the park, eh?" Lloyd pulls a chair our and parks himself between Lindy and Jackson. "Are you two looking to go do some investigating?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jackson Grey
<=>

Jack inclines his head to them, and slides the plate of doughnuts closer to Lloyd and Kara. "I was proposing the idea, yes. I wanted to get some equipment out onto the site and collect some data, see what's really going on over there."
------------