Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainChaos

Re: Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. RECRUiTING 2E MnM

Post by CaptainChaos »

Ok, no problem. I have a few ideas that might work. I know we have a Goblin. What other races besides human would be allowed and appropriate for the game? What about a weapon master or a version of Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde? I can probably put something together tonight or tomorrow.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

We also lack some good social skills in the group. A smooth talker would be good.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

As stated a smooth talker would be good, muscle might be useful. Other races hmm ECL +1. Nothing too weird..
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Poodle, when you say other races would be ECL +1, would that mean PL 5 with 90pp? I am considering an Elf if it is allowed otherwise human is fine. Based on what it seems the group needs, a swashbuckler type might work.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Elf sounds good, swashbucler might work. Why would her majesties department of Supernatural Affairs hire you?
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Here is my submission for consideration.

Iolas Olatris
Race: Elf, Height 5’8”, Weight: 155 lbs, Blonde hair, Green eyes

Power Level: 5; Power Points Spent: 90/90

Abilities:
STR: +1 (12), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +1 (12), INT: +1 (12), WIS: -1 (8), CHA: +2 (14)

Saves:
Tough: +1/+5, Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +5

Skills:
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+11), Bluff 8 (+10), Climb 8 (+9), Concentration 4 (+3), Diplomacy 8 (+10), Gather Information 8 (+10), Investigate 4 (+5), Knowledge (current events) 4 (+5), Knowledge (streetwise) 4 (+5), Language 4 (+4), Notice 4 (+3), Ride 4 (+7), Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive 8 (+7), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+7)

Feats:
Feats: Accurate Attack, Attack Focus (ranged) 2, Attack Specialization (Custom Sword), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 4, Evasion, Fighting Style: Sword-fighting, Improved Block, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge (Hearing), Well-Informed

Powers:
Elven senses (Super-Senses 5) (accurate (type): Hearing, low-light vision)

Equipment: Binoculars, Custom Sword (Masterwork Weapon, Sword), Handcuffs, Leather Jacket, Light Pistol, Whip

Attack Bonus: +3 (Ranged: +5, Melee: +3, Grapple: +4)

Attacks: Custom Sword, +6 (DC 19), Light Pistol, +5 (DC 18), Unarmed Attack, +3 (DC 16), Whip, +3 (DC 16)

Defense: +5 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -2

Initiative: +7

Languages: Elven, English, French, German, Latin

Complications:
Non-human: Even in this ‘Enlightened’ age, there are many that look down upon anyone not human.

Diplomatic: Having worked for diplomats for decades, it is now his first instinct to try to defuse the situation with words before hostility.

Women: Because of his exotic looks, sometimes women will try to seduce him. This can be a problem when the woman is married or otherwise spoken for.

Totals: Abilities 14 + Skills 22 (88 ranks) + Feats 25 + Powers 5 + Combat 12 + Saves 12 + Drawbacks 0 = 90

Iolas was found by the English Ambassador and his retinue on the side of the road crying over the body of his mother on the outskirts of a small town in Germany. Ambassador Jedidiah Barrett was able to soothe the distraught young elven boy with calm words. The man asked the child what happened. In between sobs, the child told the tale of how they had been attacked by brigands as they travelled to the market in town. The brigands stole all the jewelry his mother had planned on selling at the market. The money they would have made was to be used to buy cloth and food.

The Ambassador instructed one of his aides to help the grieving child into his personal carriage. They loaded the body of the mother onto the back of the carriage with the promise she would get a proper burial. The group continued on their journey to the Ambassador’s residence in Berlin. During the following week, the elven woman was buried and Ambassador Bartlett decided to keep the boy. He instructed his staff to treat the boy properly, provide a proper education, and train him to help with the chores. Over the years, as the boy grew older, he was instructed on the use of both pistols and swords.

Eventually Ambassador Bartlett retired from service. Iolas was offered a position as valet and bodyguard to the Ambassador to France, Sir Thomas Warrington. It was an exciting posting as the English were not well liked by the citizens of France and the Ambassador was often the target of threats both physical and verbal. By working closely with the Ambassador, Iolas gained insight into how words could be used as weapons and to defuse hostile situations. In some instances, words could be more effective than cannons or bullets.

Upon his retirement, Sir Thomas Warrington highly recommended Iolas to the Department of Supernatural Affairs. Iolas was interviewed and tested. The process took many hours. Upon successful completion, he was offered employment.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Ok... I like the character. Although he has no knowledge of the supernatural, arcane skills, or anything going for him apart from some latin, what the hell... Welcome aboard. I'll throw you in at the deep end.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thanks. I kept trying to decide on skills and background and finally decided on this one. Not your typical adventurer but has useful skills.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

So, it seemed like Iggy and Elizabeth's forcing the gate and moves inside were a surprise round, then initiative began and the bad guys went first, then Iolas shows up... so It should be Elizabeth then Iggy, right?
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Just checking as I am not sure. Is it my turn?

Edit: Also, what is the specific effect of the slow? Is my speed reduced?
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Treat it as a snare. You are - 2 to attack and defence and a -4 to dexterity. You can't move as it is anchored to the vround. You can attack the snare though or try to bust out usingvyour strength.

Sorry, I am off my game. I am thinking too much about the crap that is happening. My family is about to disown me for daring to suggest that it is wrong to assault, kill, loot and burn as a form of protest and that I don't have a right to an opinion because of my melanin levels.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:01 am Treat it as a snare. You are - 2 to attack and defence and a -4 to dexterity. You can't move as it is anchored to the vround. You can attack the snare though or try to bust out usingvyour strength.

Sorry, I am off my game. I am thinking too much about the crap that is happening. My family is about to disown me for daring to suggest that it is wrong to assault, kill, loot and burn as a form of protest and that I don't have a right to an opinion because of my melanin levels.
No worries. We are living in interesting times, as the Chinese would say. I will post my action as though it were my turn. If it isn't, then it is what I will do assuming nothing changes that.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Sorry. I will try to make it clearer.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Hi. Just wondering if your still looking for players, if so, I’ll dig up my 2e books and throw something together.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Being back at 4 would be cool. Go for it, Glyph.