Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: Her Majesty's other secret service OOC.

Post by Poodle »

Yup... I can carry on
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I will use Manchester as an NPC if that is OK with you Spectrum. I am sorry that this game didn't work out for you. If you choose to join in at a later stage Manchester will still be around.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Poodle wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:14 am The shot from the blunderbuss was fired towards the back of the boat where the hatch from the cabin comes out. You think that something was coming out of the ship.
Awesome. Did Manchester have no comments on the questions Iggy asked?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Lady Elizabeth... Finding clues is a search roll. Analysing them is investigation I believe.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Iggy, is there a question in there or anything you need to know from me.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thanks for asking. No, or, at least, assuming Iggy can get the hatch to the hold open and descend into it, what does he see?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Does anybody need anything else from me?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'm going to be mostly out of pocket for a few days- car shenanigans are eating my brain and my free time.

Just double-checking- the ship left London, ran aground near Portland Bill, was towed back to London? So whatever did this may have originated in London, but is likely ashore somewhere closer to Cornwall?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Narwhale's last land fall was Port of Thames.

Poodle, the hold was empty and strung with hammocks. Is that common to do? Would the crew normally have a crew quarters separate from the place where they'd have cargo? Also,
The hold is mostly empty. There are 7 hammocks in here. 3 unnocupied. There are sea chests at rhe foot of each hammock. There is a door at the back of the hull. You suspect it leads to the captain"s cabin. Whatever goodst the vessel was carrying are gone.
What's in the 4 'occupied' hammocks? Bodies? But the hold didn't smell of blood?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Yes that is perfectly normal on small ships like this. They couldn't spare the space for crew cabins that could be used for more cargo if needed. Yes, the hammocks appear to have dead people in them and yes, the hold does not smell of blood.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Hob...are you still with us?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Per my earlier post, still mostly out of play. I'll get a post up with Notice (and Initiative, just in case) but no promise it will be entirely coherent- my brain still feels like jello. May be mostly functional by later today, more likely tomorrow.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

no worries. I won't be offended if you are in the background
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I have a quandary. It is how much information to give you about the creature you are fighting and whether to let you see dice rolls (or even to make them). I am used to a very up front table top game. Players could see my dice rolls but that was dnd. I know you are all smart enough to work out bonuses of creatures you are dealing with based purely on the numbers you see. That steals a little bit of the magic for me, even as a player I preferred not to know and preferred to operate on descriptions alone. I am also aware that I could be a complete bastard, change dice rolls all the time and never award HP. I don't think I am that sort of story teller but it is a legitimate concern.

What are your thoughts.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'd prefer dice rolls. Builds trust and bonds. Needed in a medium where we can't see each other's faces.

Who's turn?