Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Her Majesty's other secret service OOC.

Post by nowhereman2 »

Between the two of us, I wonder who would win a technobabble war :).
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Just to clarify, most technology is infernally powered. Skilled mages bind an enity into a machine to make the machine work. England is living at the height of infernalisation and is recognised as being world leaders. Germany and Russia are striving to catch up. Steam is yet to catch up. It is considered wasteful and silly. Petrol is used for a developing plastics industry although there is a huge demand for it with fertilisers and industrial chemicals.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Ah... sorry about that. Man England is enslaving demons to machines and exterminating wererats. Almost feels like we are the bad guys :)
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The victors write the history books. To be fair the demons have a pretty grim view of humanity and some entities are there willingly .e.g. if you want to have an air elemental power your sail boat. You could either bind it against it's will or trade with it, maybe offer it a piece of music or something that it desires.
I guess it is the difference between putting oxen in harness or paying people to pull a cart...
whether demonic entities were formed by human consciousness, were always there, have only become hostile since they were being enslaved or not is a question for higher authorities than you. Think of infernal machines a little like whitewear and luxury goods. Poor people would love to have them but generally can't afford them and generally manage without them. Enslaving an entity is a lot more complicated and requires a higher level of skill than basic blacksmithing.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Have I given you guys any PP yet?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

not yet
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

have 8... for defeating 2 monsters, exemplary roleplaying and just because it seems like in PBP you NEVER get PP.
I would consider it a courtesy for you to let me know what you are spending it on. As always try to make it believable and relative to what you have actually done.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:57 pm have 8... for defeating 2 monsters, exemplary roleplaying and just because it seems like in PBP you NEVER get PP.
I would consider it a courtesy for you to let me know what you are spending it on. As always try to make it believable and relative to what you have actually done.
Thanks for that. How many pp would it take to give Elizabeth's suit the ability to come to her on command. The only way I could think to accomplish this is by making it a minion. I think this would cost 7 pp since the removable trait would not apply (i think) to a minion. Would I need additional pp for abilities? Other things? Not sure what would be required for this ability alone.

Also, I could not find the variable trait in M&M 2ed. It exists in 3rd, but I cannot find it in 2nd.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Can you fly in your suit? If so that would be the speed it could come to you at. I would treat it like a feature on an automobile. For 1pp you can remote control your suit, using piloting.I think the variable trait is either in jltimate power or is under shapechange.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Check out Gadgets p.159 Ultimate Power. Variable p.113 Ultimate Power
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Ok, I am thinking of getting another rank of variable (cost 6 pp according to UP) bringing the total point allocation amount to 10pp. I would also like to give her clockwork mecha remote piloting and give her 4 ranks in piloting (assuming the 1pp to skill is still holding). Sound good?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

yup...works for me.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'm not sure where to go when developing Iggy further.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:55 am I'm not sure where to go when developing Iggy further.
How about a pp toward taste buds? ;)
nowhereman2

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service. 2e Steampunk.

Post by nowhereman2 »

nowhereman2 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:54 am Flynnarrel gave me a bit of help in designing my character. Here is an updated stat block.

PL6 98

Str 8 Dex 10 Con 16 Int 24 Wis 10 Cha 12 [20pp]
Fort save 3+2 Ref save +6 Will save +4 [12pp]

Feats[5pp]: equipment 2, inventor (Clockwork engineer), Attack Focus - Close 2,

Equipment: multitool 1ep, Fire Extiguisher 1ep, commlink 1e, Binoculars 1ep, Parabolic Microphone 1ep, iron-boned leather corset (Protection 4, subtle)

Skills [11pp]: Craft: Clockwork Engineering 8 (+15), concentration 8 (+9 ), craft (mechanical) 4 (+11), disable device 4 (+11), knowledge (Clockwork Mechanisms) 2 (+9), search 0 (+7), knowledge (Mathematics) 4 (+11), language 1 (French, ‘Common’), medicine 1 (+2), investigate 2(+9), notice 4 (+9), Diplomacy 6(+7), Piloting 4 (+4)

Combat: (base attack +2 [4pp], base defense +2 [4pp])
Initiative: +0
Attacks:
Unarmed +3, DC15/20 Toughness
Ranged +0
Power Fist +3 DC 22 Toughness
Arm Net +0 DC 16 Dex/Strength
Jack hammer Punches +6 DC 21 Autofire
Tazer +6 DC16 Fort (Stun)

Defense: +2= +2 (aware), +1= +1 flatfooted
Toughness: +3 = 3 / +3 +4 = 7 (corset, cannot combine with armor but offers protection when outside of it) / +3+7= +10 (Armor)

Powers
• Device (Clockwork Power Armor) [hard to lose (works like removable?); [28pp, 35 pool]
*Protection 7, {7points}
*Enhanced Strength 12, Super-Strength 1 {14 points+3AEs}
{Total strength 20, lifting strength 25}
AE: Jack hammer punches; Damage 6, Autofire, Accurate,
{Close Attack +6, DC21 Toughness, Autofire}
AE: Arm Net Launcher; Snare 6, accurate 2
{Ranged Attack +6, Reflex DC 16 or Snare}
AE: Tazer; Stun pr 6, Accurate,
{Close Attack +6, Fort DC16 or Stun}
*leaping 3; {3 points}
*Movement (Wall-crawling) {2 pp}
*Speed 3 (240 ft/round 50MPH) {3 pp}
Enhanced Feats: Move-by-action, Power Attack {2pp}
Feature: Remote Piloting {1pp}
{The armor is made up of heavy, but amazingly thin (for the time) clockwork gears. The system seems to run on a winding system. Once wound, it should run for several days. There is also a small steam chamber that feeds into a pneumatic tube for launching her into the air.}

Portable Universal Reallocation & Synthesis Engine (PURSE)
Gadget 1, Handheld [12pp]
* 10 power points of Variable, reconfigurable with standard action. But it can be disarmed.
Example Configurations:
X-ray scanner, Vision gains Penetrates Concealment, Extended
Shock Wand: Damage 2, Accurate 3 {+10 attack, DC17 Toughness, Electricity descriptor, a back-up attack when not in armor}
Flight Platform: Flight 1, Affects Others, Area-shapeable
Air ionization Purifier: Immunity to Gas Attacks, Affects Others, Area-Burst
Aether mapping unit: Darkvision, Radius, Tracking 2
Thaumaturgic-magic reader: Detect Magic, Ranged, Acute, Analytical
Clockwork Buckler: Dodge +2, Reflex +2, Evasion {Not in armor, Dodge would break caps, if in armor replace Dodge 2 with immunity Critical Hits or some such}
Handheld armor shell reinforcement generator: When in armor, add impervious 5 to protection

Attributes 20 + saves 12 + Feats 5 + Skills 11 + Combat 8 + Powers 34 = 90

Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald

Elizabeth Renwald is the second daughter to Michael and Lauren Renwald. She picked up her impeccable manners from he mother and her penchant for engineering and advanced abstract mathematics from her father. Initially, she trained to be a French teacher (her mother being french), however her skills in mathematics allowed her to gain a job as a mathematics lecturer (unpaid). Attaining her doctorate by 24, she began working on methods of using the principles of cyclic multiplication to create force multiplication in geared systems. In short, she built the first working example of clockwork power armor. This achievement should have won her a paid position at Cambridge, however her fellow academic -- the idiot inventor as she called him in private -- Marcus Calhoun stole her design and presented it as his own. She's received some recognition and now receives a small stipend, but still Elizabeth fumes at the thought of Calhoun.

She has worked to design and perfect the clockwork power armor and has taken it out on a spin. Her family desires her to settle down, but it is quite fun to smash through concrete walls. She attained a small amount of notoriety when she used her armor to stop a smuggling ring.

Complications:
Is a woman - Enough said
Sworn Enemy - Marcus Calhoun
Prone to flights of fancy - Desires to live an exciting life, despite her families wishes
Cannot resist a good puzzle - even in the midst of battle. This will distract her (flat-footed or whatever penalty make sense) until she solves it.