Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. RECRUiTING 2E MnM

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:01 pm remind me which ships are here and which one we are interested in?
IIRC, we are here looking for a ship that is run by demonic energy. Because of this, I assume we were after the big ship. The small ship if the one run by a bound elemental (I think).
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

In case you forgot my character's two big problems.

Prone to flights of fancy - Desires to live an exciting life, despite her families wishes
Cannot resist a good puzzle - even in the midst of battle. This will distract her (flat-footed or whatever penalty make sense) until she solves it.

She will jump in to take on anything and will always seek to solve problems in a complicated way (if one is obvious. Otherwise punching is a good default).
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

No... You came here looking for clues to find whoever killed the crew of tbe first ship. So far clues have lead to king's basin and pissibly dutch petroleum being involved. You are at Dutch petroleums docks. There are 3 ships. One is a large steam powered vessel. One is a medium sized vessel that has bound elementals to operate it (very standard} and the last is the smaller ship that bad hints of unusual magic. The ship you are near too now.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Poodle

Re: Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

Post by Poodle »

Still waiting to hear from Victor and Iolas..
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Will have a post up shortly.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been trying to process the situation. When you say there is a heavy gun pointed at us, what kind of heavy gun? Is this a ship mount heavy cannon type thing, or a dude holding something very large?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

It is a ship mounted cannon, not a big one... But still a cannon. They seem reluctant to use it though. The troops are still quite happy to shoot at you.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

With Elizabeth, I chose to be specific rather than general. Can I substitute either craft clockwork or knowledge clockwork instead of technology? All of her equipment is made from clockwork technology.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Iggy is inside the Captain's cabin, just recovered from stun, is he still in the effect radius of whatever tech nullifying thing is? What is happening in the Captain's cabin?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Sorry, I've been busy most of the week. I'll get a post up soon.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Iggy, you got attacked before you had time to get in the captain's cabin. You were still working out how to get in when the magma creature hit you and then the nullify magic.
@Elizabeth and Iggy, the roll is either your will save or the technology power rank of your equipment whichever is higher NOT your technology skill.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Tried to post last night but got an error message saying the site was unavailable. I will try again after work.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Poodle wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:22 am Iggy, you got attacked before you had time to get in the captain's cabin. You were still working out how to get in when the magma creature hit you and then the nullify magic.
This doesn't seem right. But maybe I had a skewed mental image. Iggy spent a turn taking a standard action then a move action. Even at a penalty to open the window quicker.
Iggy

To a master of mechanical devices a simple window lock was nothing.
Improvised Tools and disable device to get the window open, taking -5 to do it quicker.
Disable Device: 1d20+11-5 19

When he gets it open he'll drift inside through the curtains and examine the room.
If he failed to get the window open that wasn't communicated to me. So I had it in my head that he had the window open and had drifted inside.
Then you said a blast hit him so I assumed the blast was inside the cabin. Iggy was stunned. But I didn't think that knocked him back out.

Where might the disconnect have been?
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:22 am Iggy, you got attacked before you had time to get in the captain's cabin. You were still working out how to get in when the magma creature hit you and then the nullify magic.
@Elizabeth and Iggy, the roll is either your will save or the technology power rank of your equipment whichever is higher NOT your technology skill.
Sorry about this. I am not clear on what the technology power rank is. Is this the amount of pp spent on technology (before or after the removable trait), the ranks of individual powers (which ones?)? Does every item or power have to make a save (For example, does my powersuit and my PURSE make a save or comparison check)? Does every power option make a save (my suits ability to be remote piloted and its ability to use jack-hammer punches)? I am probably overthinking this, but I wanted clarification so I don't roll this incorrectly.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Sorry if there has been a disconnect...
@Iggy, I envisioned you using a move action to get to the window, then you looked through the window, called the captain and tapped on the glass. To me that seems like another action. On the creatures turn after yours it blasted you. Your next turn would have been easily opening the window and moving nside. I took that as what you were going to do on your next turn. Before that could happen you got hit by the creature in the water.
If that doesn't seem accurate then I am happy to discuss it.

@Elizabeth. Either roll your will if it is higher or for each technological item at their power rank of that item.
It is a power I haven't used before so any support or advice for Elizabeth would be good.