On the road (D&d 5E Recruiting 1)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
StarGuard

Re: On the road (D&d 5E Recruiting Closed)

Post by StarGuard »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:15 pm Dodge is an action, not bonus or reaction, so can't do that and also attack. Trying to catch his bolt if he fires one is fine though since that's reaction, but he's not dumb, so wouldn't attempt to fire one in melee anyways.

And the whole process of jumping across and pulling himself up is within a single move action for him.

10ft to move back, 10ft to move back forward for the runup, 10ft for the jump itself, and 5 ft to pull himself up, leaving himself with 5ft to put himself in pummel range of the archer. Being a monk is great for mobility, having a climb speed just really helps.
Okay thanks. It's harder for me to visualize this in theatre of the mind as opposed to the square maps we paly on once a month. If you're good with it, I'll just use the rolls from the first attempt on the pirate crossbowman.

edit: IC post editted
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

So they are no more than 30 ft away from where they started, right?

Heart and Kriv could move after them and attack? Then back to the top of the round?
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Correct. :)

Even Kaine, cutting across a diagonal, can still reach them, even accounting for going down the wall.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Are any of the ones running injured?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nope. Salazar and Exile focused one down, and Kaine axed one himself, and finished off the one Salazar had injured earlier. So the remaining three are actually fresh, but they lost half their force pretty quick with little damage done themselves, so moral broke, despite them being full health.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Gotcha. I suppose it's not rules-legally possible to try shooting their legs and slowing them down, right?
------------
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

I know the two can just Disengage again and run, but at least Kriv is tying them up in melee so they can't Dash.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I was curious about it and looked around, are these viable options for you Epic? If so, I'd wanna try nailing one of the pirates in the legs.

Edit: Actually, I think these might be third party, so nevermind.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar was going for a non-lethal hit with the pick. A shoulder shot or large muscle mass rather than organs.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Unfortunately, I can't make nonlethal shots at range. Exile is quite merciless when he's exacting justice.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just so no-one else wastes effort going after it, that lone runner is dead.

Also, while no-one on the ground might realize, Kaine did leave one alive on the roof. How you're going o get him down is another question, but you do have at least one alive to question/turn in.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine last action was to “subdue” the roof pirate. When it was appropriate for me to further post I was going to have him go the roof edge ask Heart for assistance. His action would be to try and follow the pirates scurrying for the exits below using the roofs to stalk them back to their ship of inn. Assuming they go that direction and don’t bolt to the four winds.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It seems unlikely they will make it out of the alley, just so you know.
Of the two pirate runners for whom we don't know the status, Kriv is by one, Salazar is by the other. Kaine can probably get to either to assist in the subdual but staying on the rooftops to 'follow them' probably isn't going to amount to much.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard, if you want to strip him of potential weapons or blades he could escape with then tie him up, you can, that's fine, but that will be two separate actions. You can't do all of that in a single round, keeping in mind as well everyone is running after different targets, Salazar and Heart are not standing really near to each other.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just going to point out, since they are fleeing, they're not going to see anything of Exile's menacing look, and they certainly aren't going to just surrender.

Kaine still needs to correct his post since he cannot be down in the allyway if he wants to search the pirate he disabled and tie him up. Salazar and Exile still need actual actions as well.