On the road (D&d 5E Recruiting 1)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: On the road (D&d 5E Recruiting Closed)

Post by EpicEclipse »

Hmm... Looking at the spell description, the force is shapeless and invisible, and it does not indicate how big it is, except to say it springs into existence in an adjacent space, which means nothing really except that it's not larger than medium sized.

But it is a physical presence that can be strunk with an AC of 10, which is a basic ac for a medium creature with no Dex or natural Armor or adjustment for size.

Sooooo, I would say you could not have it in your bag because it's too large.. Putting it in a bag of holding puts it on another plane and thus more than 60ft, likewise a portable hole once it has been closed.

I would say you could carry it though. It can exert force, but appears to have no weight. I'd say while carrying it you may have disadvantage on certain things though just for awkwardly carrying an invisible, medium sized bundle.

And yes, surprize simply means they don't act in the first round.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

So it's the bad guys' turn?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Likewise, GM interpretation since the internet has many opinions: If Salazar casts Sleep on an area containing Exile, does Exile's HP count toward and detract from the HP count that the spell affects? As an elf he can't be put to Sleep by the magic, so should he still even be considered by the spell?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'm gonna count it as similar to undead and creatures immune to being charmed and it simply doesn't affect him and doesn't deduct his hp from the total pool.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:36 am I just noticed, Kaine has a racial climbing ability, he can go vertically 30'ft, no acrobatics/athletics needed. He could make those crossbowman's lives difficult, no sweat. Especially with the ability to knock people off rooftops.
That's what I was hoping :geek:

Diggin the flavor on the eBlast. Gonna be an awesome toss @ 120' ;)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sorry, I meant to post up results and pirate turns last night but got horribly sidetracked. Will get it done today.

I also completely missed that Kaine has a climb speed, so yeah, no roll would be required to scramble up the wall to deal with the archers.

Kaine can go ahead and act on the first round starting from the roof since he would have straight seen them and it was likely him suddenly Spidermaning his way up the wall that had them spring the ambush.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Yay. I’ll make a post tomorrow with him wutang-ing one of the crossbowmen :) if they shoot at him he’ll use a reaction to catch it and throw it back :D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:34 am Yay. I’ll make a post tomorrow with him wutang-ing one of the crossbowmen :) if they shoot at him he’ll use a reaction to catch it and throw it back :D
Just waiting on your attack, or even just the roll.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

My apology guys I will make post tomorrow
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaine gets a bonus action unarmed attack just for being an awesome monk. He can spend Ki for 2 extra attacks instead (plus his special attack benefits).

Leather armor has a base AC of 11 before attribute bonus. Bardic Inspiration gives on average +3 to your roll and you can choose when to apply it. Using it on a roll of 8 was... not the wisest.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

So he gets a ki free second attack?

I wasn’t sure how Boss is handling bad guys AC. I rolled an 3+5 = 8 so added a bardic roll +4 for 12’

I then rolled nat20 it wasn’t sure about getting an extra attack so didn’t post it. If he does then he’ll use that against the second crossbowman if he’s in range or double up on the first one if not.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martial Arts
At 1st level, your practice of martial arts gives you master of combat styles that use unarmed strikes and monk weapons, which are shortswords and any simple melee weapons that don't have the two-handed or heavy property.

You gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren't wearing armor or wielding a shield:

• You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons.

• You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes as you gain monk levels, as shown in the Martial Arts column of the Monk table.

When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. For example, if you take the Attack action and attack with a quarterstaff, you can also make an unarmed strike as a bonus action, assuming you haven't already taken a bonus action this turn.

This is independent of Ki
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

If you spend Ki for flurry of blows you get two attacks and can add an Open Hand Technique to each hit that lands.
Open Hand Technique
Starting when you choose this tradition at 3rd level, you can manipulate your enemy's ki when you harness your own. Whenever you hit a creature with one of the attacks granted by your Flurry of Blows, you can impose one of the following effects on that target:

• It must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.

• It must make a Strength saving throw. If it fails, you can push it up to 15 feet away from you.

• It can't take reactions until the end of your next turn.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Shoot for number two, push them off the roof. :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar will go after Kaine. Knowing that there's a possibility of Kaine's foe falling off the roof the opportunistic snake that Salazar is will potentially swoop on the fallen foe (assuming it's not dead).