On the road (D&d 5E Recruiting 1)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: On the road (D&d 5E Recruiting Closed)

Post by EpicEclipse »

the pirates are in flanking positions on Heart and Kriv, so you could get all four, but only with Kriv and Heart in the radius as well, otherwise would could get two on either side.

I did forget about Protection fighting style, but it wouldn't have made a difference in result. Kriv would have had to choose which pirate to use it against before any rolls were made, and the pirate that crit rolled that on the first roll of advantage. That being said though, it would be good for McGuffin to mark a note of when he would like to use Protection fighting style. (It's a difficult one to use in this medium and I am all ears for suggestions on how we can make it work better, without making it too potent)

And did we not resolve the Aid thing?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Huh, looking back, I guess it got overlooked. I remember it being asked and thinking to myself,"Yeah, that's fine" i guess it didn't translate to posting that.

But yes, it's fine if Heart wants to have spent the 2nd level spell slot in advance earlier in the day, just need to decide who the recipients of the spell are.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

How are the thieves getting advantage?
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:53 pm How are the thieves getting advantage?
Flanking
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:02 pmI did forget about Protection fighting style, but it wouldn't have made a difference in result. Kriv would have had to choose which pirate to use it against before any rolls were made, and the pirate that crit rolled that on the first roll of advantage. That being said though, it would be good for McGuffin to mark a note of when he would like to use Protection fighting style. (It's a difficult one to use in this medium and I am all ears for suggestions on how we can make it work better, without making it too potent)
How about with the way this fight seems to be going right now, if Kriv would use Protect on the first attack against Heart next round. Or say the pirate who wounded her previously, if you prefer to designate an attacker rather than a target.

I'm fine with the ability being this kind of "extra ready action I have to set to a certain target/attacker" if that works for you.

Salazar would most often the person to Protect since he's more squishy, but Kriv and Heart are currently the only ones in melee on the street and although I think Fightingstyle: Protection works on ranged attacks (please correct me if I'm wrong on that), it makes more sense to me for covering Heart right now.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I've never played with the Flanking rule (didn't know it existed til now). Cool.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:34 am I've never played with the Flanking rule (didn't know it existed til now). Cool.
It's an optional rule from the DMG, page 251. I've never played D&D without flanking existing, so even if it wasn't, i'd have added it in. Just makes sense to be able to maneuver smartly and take advantage of it.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:04 pm Huh, looking back, I guess it got overlooked. I remember it being asked and thinking to myself,"Yeah, that's fine" i guess it didn't translate to posting that.

But yes, it's fine if Heart wants to have spent the 2nd level spell slot in advance earlier in the day, just need to decide who the recipients of the spell are.
Sorry, I somehow totally missed this when it was originally brought up. Yes, if it's OK, I'll use a 2nd-level spell slot for Aid. I can only choose three, so I'll target Kaine, Kriv, and Exile. You three get +5 to your current and maximum Hit Points for the next 8 hours.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sounds swell to me, thanks.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard, could you please go ahead and add your action for the third round as well? Then we're just waiting for Exile.

We moved back to the top since Heart and Kriv's actions didn't include attacking any pirates, so don't need me to resolve anything.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:11 amSorry, I somehow totally missed this when it was originally brought up. Yes, if it's OK, I'll use a 2nd-level spell slot for Aid. I can only choose three, so I'll target Kaine, Kriv, and Exile. You three get +5 to your current and maximum Hit Points for the next 8 hours.
Much appreciated. :D
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Still waiting on Exile's action for this round.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ah right, apologies.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaine needs an action too.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

13 actually does hit btw. Exile will wanna roll damage.