Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Poodle »

There are 3 in port at the moment. Der Konig's Traum is one of those new fangled "steam powered" ones. There is one more traditional infernal powered one called der Blau vogel, and an old fashioned sailing boat that the company charters from time to time called the Minerva.

The group of men were heading for a medium sized boat with a blue bird for a figurehead.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[So they ARE headed for the infernal ship? And what magics did Elizabeth report seeing around the infernal ship when she examined it (so long ago)?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Victor Grey
HP: 1
CND: Fine
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 pm The elf was running, and not in the harried, panicked way that his nuerogenic compound sometimes caused.

Iggy's sharp goblin ears picked up the muttered question from the new arrival.

"We are agents of the Queen kept from our duly appointed duties by the murderous Redcap down there, and those two." he gestures first at the hobgoblin-looking thing, then at the speedy elf and running human. "I wouldn't request this of a civilian, but if you choose to assist I deputize you to do so. Non-lethal tactics would make for easier paperwork."
Well, this is interesting. Who was he to deny the Queen and her agents.

”For Queen and Country then, I suppose.” he remarked as he shadow stepped towards the elven swordsman and his multitude of adversaries. Victors focus centred on the blaggard bringing a gun to the sword fight.

”Hardly sporting my good man.” he remark.

With a quick sweep of his right hand, a flick of the wrist and bold incantation of ”Eromreven!” darkness writhed momentarily before coalescing into a flock of shadowy crows in the air before him which flew screaming towards the gunman with violent intent.

OOC wrote:
Shadow step beyond the gates dock and casting Crows of Murder at the third attacker, the one that was described as about to shoot Iolas.

Magic Ranged Attack: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16

Toughness save DC 21, +1 for ever 2 above the target’s defence up to DC 26
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I assume all damage is non-lethal unless stated otherwise. How many ranks of autofire do you have?
The crows briefly surround the man with the gun, pecking and scratching at him mercilessly. Toughness: 1d20+4 13.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:42 pm [So they ARE headed for the infernal ship? And what magics did Elizabeth report seeing around the infernal ship when she examined it (so long ago)?]
I thnk you can also go back through the old posts... :)
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Poodle wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:32 am @Elizabeth.. there is the obvious essence of powerful infernal magic from the larger ship. The smaller sailing ship has elemental magic woven into the hull and sails. There is also some form of another sort of magic from within the sailing ship.It is a strange blend of shamanic and hermetic from your fleeting glimpse.. The hobgoblin reeks of dark magic, you feel as if someone poured congealing blood over your skin.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Elizabeth, I'm heading for the smaller ship - the sailing vessel the others seem intent on." With that, Iggy extends his arm to pull his bobbing form 50 feet closer to he ship. He uses the forward momentum to launch several glue balls, not at any single person but at the gang plank to spread the tacky concoction going as far up the gangway as he can so there's a chance of someone getting caught at every section they move through.
[Move action, then standard to launch the tangle balls at the gang plank to head off those trying to get to the ship.]
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:18 am Ooc-no your active powers are fine Iggy.
@Elizabeth. From memory he remains stunned until your next action but first a shot hits you in the helmet Elizabeth. Attack: 1d20+7 27 That is a DC 26 toughness save.

Everybody heard the crack of the shots. Feel free to make a listen check to tell where it came from. Iggy has been hit and is hanging in mid-air like a pinata.

Victor and Iolas you can both act.
[Toughness Resistance: 21 vs 26; Two Degrees of Failure]

Elizabeth felt that one. Her head snapped back in her suit and sent her head swimming. Like a boxer, she brought her head down and drove her electric fist toward the offending redcap.

[Attack Check (Tazer Fort DC 16 or Stun): 14]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

OOC wrote: Only one rank of autofire
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Elizabeth, before tbe world stops spinning and you can take a punch, the delayed affect of your blows makes the hobgoblin collapse in a pile at your feet.
@Iggy, your sensitive ears detect another bullet whistling past you.
There are armed sailors moving onto the decks of the ships. The group of humans who were heading for the gangplank move to the ship. They run for the side of tbe ship, avoiding the gluey gangplank, and efforessly leap from the wharf to the ship, moving quickly below decks.
The elf tries something similar. His jump is not great. Jump: 1d20+4 8 He hits the side of the boat and falls back into tbe water.

@Victor and Iolas. The swarm of thugs try to overwhelm you with sheer numbers.
Victor, 4 try to grab you. Grapple: 1d20+8 14 (I suspect that misses.
Iolas, the leader and 2 others try to get you. To hit: 1d20+6 13 Does a 13 hit?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy still didn't have enough data to know if the small ship was nefarious as a whole but the bullets were an annoyance. He once again pulls himself closer via his extending hand.

"I'm an agent of the Queen here to apprehend a criminal who instigated violence with no authority to do so." Iggy gestures at the floating elf. "I've yet done no damage to persons or property on Dutch sovereignty not involved in the altercation. Continue to fire on me or try to hinder me and I will consider you aiding and abetting a criminal and treat you accordingly. My investigation involves taking this elf in and having words with your captain on associations to the fae and redcap. But since I need to save you from yourselves, apparently..."

Iggy draws and throws one of his smoke bombs on to the deck of the ship amidst the gun men. When it shatters it releases a thick roiling cloud to rob sight and muffle sounds. It's also filled with some of the most vile smells the goblin could design - Strawberries, Vanilla, Cinnamon, and fresh-baked Bread with a hint of tarragon and mint. No creature with an olfactory sense could detect anything through the barrage of scents.
[25-radius cloud of visual, auditory, and olfactory concealment for all inside. 50-feet across should cover most of the small ship. It will dissipate over the next 15*5=75 rounds, decreasing in size every 2 and a half minutes.]
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:11 am @Elizabeth, before tbe world stops spinning and you can take a punch, the delayed affect of your blows makes the hobgoblin collapse in a pile at your feet.
@Iggy, your sensitive ears detect another bullet whistling past you.
There are armed sailors moving onto the decks of the ships. The group of humans who were heading for the gangplank move to the ship. They run for the side of tbe ship, avoiding the gluey gangplank, and efforessly leap from the wharf to the ship, moving quickly below decks.
The elf tries something similar. His jump is not great. Jump: 1d20+4 8 He hits the side of the boat and falls back into tbe water.

@Victor and Iolas. The swarm of thugs try to overwhelm you with sheer numbers.
Victor, 4 try to grab you. Grapple: 1d20+8 14 (I suspect that misses.
Iolas, the leader and 2 others try to get you. To hit: 1d20+6 13 Does a 13 hit?
Elizabeth Renwald

Condition: 2 bruises

Elizabeth's head stopped spinning. I do not think I felt an impact, she thought. Looking down, she saw the crumpled body of the goblinoid. Seeing the motion on the smaller ship made Elizabeth think about ensuring that any evidence is not destroyed. She quickly ran as fast as she could to the ship and leaped up to the top deck.

[Speed 3 (250ft/rd), leaping 3]

Landing in front of the men making their way up the gangplank she began to speak to the men before her. "You will stand down and move back to the dock until Her Majesties soldiers have had their time to..." Elizabeth paused and sniffed. "Iggy! If you know how to make this smell, why do your healing potions make me wish for death?"
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"That vile-ness?" he says turning greener. "Inside the cloud they cannot hear you. Can you fish the elf from the ocean?" Iggy gestures to where he went in the drink.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

sorry I was unclear. When the elf bounces off the side of the ship he disappears from view. He is beneath the dock somewhere.
@Elizabeth. Tbere is a huge cliud of smoke on the front area of the ship and drifting over the side of the boat, making it very hard to see into the darkness under the dock. You cannot see the elf. . There is coughing from in the cloud. The re are two soldiers not in the smoke who shoot at you with bolt action rifles. Attack: 2#1d20+2 15 6 DC 20 toughness save.
As previously stated the mysterious men have already disappeared below decks.
Klaxons are beginning to sound from the gate house and there is more activity from the much larger ship. You can hear a voice calling "battlestations" as sailors move onto the deck armed with hand weapons. You can see a few more men with rifles adopting a firing position and aiming at your group.
I know it is a little late in the piece but could we have initiative rolls.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Who do they shoot at?]