Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Glyph

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Glyph »

Victor Grey
HP: 1
CND: Injured -1

Victor took a moment to take in the scene. Amid the chaos he couldn’t help but notice the large amassing of hostile looking individuals on a neighbouring ship, armed rather heavily. The array of weapons pointed in their direction made him nervous.

He closed the distance between himself and the elven swordsman, and gestured with both hands in the air towards the small army.

”Ym Noitaerc”

The air in front of the wizard began to crystallise into a wall of a substance that looked like smokey red glass blocking to second ship from view and creating a barrier between them and the generous firepower.

”I’m a bit in the dark as to what’s happening here old chap. Any suggestions?”
OOC wrote: Using Dark Matter to create a wall, the structure is toughness 6
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

There is another wave of eldritch magic striking Iggy and Elizabeth.
Nullify technology: 1d20+5 24 dc 24 will or technology whichever is higher.
@Victor and Iolas. (ooc is the wall impenetrable?) Bullets are hitting the wall and proving entirely inneffectual.
Last edited by Poodle on Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

OOC wrote: The wall has impervious 6 and effects insubstantial
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy

Just as Iggy's recovering from the blast, the comforting hum of his electronics cycles down. As he feels his bouyant field start to fail he reaches out for the sill or any other feature on the ship to avoid dropping into the boiling hot water below him.
reflex: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24

even if, say, -2 from only one arm
Catching it with his organic hand. It was like a Penny Dreadful story - the hero dangling precariously by one arm over impending doom.

Well, this was a sticky pickle. And not the good kind.
"Something pithy this way comes."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Iolas
Condition: -2 toughness

"An interesting question my resourceful ally. Permit me to introduce myself. My name is Iolas and I am in the employ of Her Majesty's secret service. I was instructed to meet my new teammates at these docks. I arrived to see some sort of skirmish in process. Clearly these fellows on the ships are allied with the ones that dared attack us. Beyond that I reluctantly admit I am at a loss. I predict our next move is to venture closer to those vessels and assist my teammates."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Iggy luckily the magma blast had hit you as you were fclimbing through the window before knocking you into the room. You lie in pitch darkness that smells of incense and animal musk. The light through the window dies as it enters a swirling unnatural darkness, broken only by the glitter of 1000's of red eyes. With a sudden pop your forcefield dies and your artificial arm falls limply to the floor.
@Victor and Iolas. You see the large armoured figure leap over the side of yhe ship into the steaming watef below.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy looked into the darkness with the many eyes looking back... Well, screw that

They mess with his technology, he'll mess right back...

After recovering from stun he slaps the mutagen-dispersing patch and lights the pastille of sandalwood-vanilla scented nullifying Magic smoke, wrinkling his nose at the noisome scent - he was pulling out all his stinkiest concoctions today.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:06 am
Iggy smiles as he looks around the modest workshop.
"I have an idea to help us resist magic..." he says mixing several of the ingredients into two vials. He works almost haphazardly, never measuring, only occasionally sniffing at a vial before dashing a smidge into the concoctions he's making.

"Now add some hot peppers for flavor... excellent! These should work... or turn you green, either way, it'll be interesting."
[
Enhanced Advantage:
Second chance (Toughness vs. Magic damage)
Second chance (Will vs Magic descriptor)
Second chance (Fort vs Magic descriptor)
Jury rigging 3PP potions should take 3 rounds, and be a DC18 Alchemy roll
Craft Alchemical: 1d20+15 29
]

"Now, something to dampen magic. Hmmm... A Pastille, perhaps, when burned the smoke disperses..." He sniffs around.

"Oooh... mugwort! And concentrated vinegar! some of this.... and..."
he mutters as he grabs things. "You wouldn't happen to have the secretions from a skunk's scent glands would you? To add to the aroma? No? Oh. Disappointing."
"I'm sorry, it will only smell like vanilla sandalwood." He frowns.
[
Nullify Magic 5, Broad, trade Area-burst for Ranged, Make it Duration Permanent but Fades,
a 15pp effect, takes a minute and half to construct.
DC 30
It also lasts for a minute and a half once lit but reduces every 3 rounds by 1 as smoke disperses.
Craft Alchemical: 1d20+15 31
]
Free action to activate Rage and standard to activate nullify, area-burst
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Saves against DC 24

[PURSE: Will save: 17]

[Suit - speed: Will: 11]
[Suit - Leaping: Will: 23]
[Suit - Weapons: Technology: 15]

Well... Crap
Elizabeth spoke in an unlady-like manner when her armor failed. The field generated shut down everything she had. Her armor was nothing more than a very large metal husk to protect her fleshy body with. She immediately began working out equations on how to prevent this sort of thing from happening again, but decided that getting out of the line of fire might be necessary to get the time to do so.

[Elizabeth is looking for a safe-ish place that she can go to and hopefully get her armor working again. Notice: 23]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Elizabeth...currently you are underwater in a lifeless piece of metal in water tbat was boiling mere seconds ago. Make a dc19 toughness save vs heat damage. You see the magma creature approaching you swinging it's fist at you..Attack: 1d20+6 20 If that hits make a dc 21 toughness save. I will also give you a hero point for jumping in the water in the first place.

@Iggy. Your chemicals seem to clear the air as the rats surge towards you. They seem more intent on escape than attack. Some flee further into the ship, most flee out of the window into the boiling water below. From outside you hear an enormous splash from the side of the ship.

@Victor and Iolas can you make a notice roll for me.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:17 am @Elizabeth...currently you are underwater in a lifeless piece of metal in water tbat was boiling mere seconds ago. Make a dc19 toughness save vs heat damage. You see the magma creature approaching you swinging it's fist at you..Attack: 1d20+6 20 If that hits make a dc 21 toughness save. I will also give you a hero point for jumping in the water in the first place.

@Iggy. Your chemicals seem to clear the air as the rats surge towards you. They seem more intent on escape than attack. Some flee further into the ship, most flee out of the window into the boiling water below. From outside you hear an enormous splash from the side of the ship.

@Victor and Iolas can you make a notice roll for me.
[Use hero point to end staggered condition]

[Toughness resistance check against heat: 11 (Two degrees of Failure)]

[Toughness Resistance check against getting pummeled: 7] (three degrees of failure)

Elizabeth felt her thermal protection fail at the worst possible moment as her suit began to cook her alive. Unable to scream without drowning, she was distracted to say the least. Distracted enough to get her bell rung with a dull thud. I have to get out of here now or I will be this things lunch, she thought while imagining a molten version of that demonstration of an octopus getting into a sealed bottle to get its meal.

All of her enhancements were out, but she could still move the suit herself. Being limited to human speeds might be problematic for fighting these smugglers above, but at least she could get somewhere away from here. Walking along the bottom of the dock, she tried to move away from the lava monster and toward shallower depths.

[30 ft of movement away from this thing that hopefully isn't as interested in me as it could be :)]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Iolas

After summarizing what little information he had regarding the current situation to his new ally, Iolas looked around in an effort to get a better grasp on the situation. There was clearly far more happening here than he had been briefed on.
Notice check: 1d20+4: 21 [1d20=17] https://orokos.com/roll/834294
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Iolas. Near where you cracked the ruffian in the jaw the goblin thing is on all fours, lapping up the small amount of blood that was spilled. It sees you looking at it, gives a feral smile and charges you swinging a dark stained club in it's hands.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy will look around the Captain's cabin as he jiggers the switch to reactivate his forcefield [Move Activation] to see if the belt-mounted generator just needed a reset.
Investigation: 1d20+9 23
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Elizabeth...could you make a will check please, to avoid opening your mouth when you get belted. FYI the magma creature is bigfer than the "fire midget" you beat up last time. It is similar in size to your suit but with shorter lehs and longer arms. You can also make a notice check for me.

@Iggy, there are jars and bundles of herbs and animal parts in here, as well as arcane items, whose purpose is unknown to you. There is a closed door leading into the rest of the ship.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Iolas
Condition: -2 toughness

Iolas sighed as the creature charged for an attack. This was getting rather tiresome. Without removing his gaze from the vile creature, Iolas drew his pistol and fired. It was not his preferred weapon as he found pistols to be crude and useable by anyone without skill or training.
Using Quick Draw to draw his pistol as a free action. Attack: 1d20+5: 22 [1d20=17] https://orokos.com/roll/835684