Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by nowhereman2 »

Elizabeth nods. She had not expected any combat just now, but she could improvise. A few quick switches and a knob and her purse quickly shifted into a buckler. "Lead the way good sir."
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Hob

Johnny Biggo looks and you and asks, "Well what do you want to know. We is all as close as a haggis muncher's wallet ain't we?"
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Elizabeth and Iggy
You head down a dark tunnell. It stinks. There is a notable absence of rats although you see many traps primed. Ahead the tunnel opens on to what is obviously a sewer with a narrow walkway around it's edge. The walls are covered with some sort of foul ooze. Your companions ignore it. As you head further in you start to pick up a nasty chemical tang in the air.
Everybody make a notice roll. Iggy you can add +4 for reasons known only to me.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy wrinkles his nose against the the foul stenches and resists taking samples of he ooze for analysis.

He keeps his goblin ears sharp and other senses on high alert for danger.
Perception: 1d20+9+4 31 Apparently.
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[Notice Check 1+9=10]

Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald did her level best to appear cool and collected as she tromped through the sewer. She was not dressed for the location. To make things worse, she stated to smell... something. She pressed a few switches on her purse and quickly changed is configuration to air filter. [Immunity: suffocation, disease, poison]

"How much farther?"
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Iggy... despite where you are with your keen sense of smell you detect pheromones of an ovulating Dracoform...mmmmm somewhere nearby there is a horny female goblin and she has your attention. You are quite glad that your outfit is not too form-fitting.
Can you make a fortitude save and a will save for me..?
@Elizabeth...yes it stinks in here, very badly.. Fortunately your life support keeps out the worst. You do notice that the men around you seem to be a lot warmer than you are. A few of them seem very uncomfortable. They are looking at you a little strangely...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fort: 1d20+5 22

Will: 1d20+5 18
Iggy swayed, a goofy grin on his face. He looks around expectantly.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Iggy, clearly a synthetic pheromone. You are familiar with the polymer chains. Although you are aware of the effect it is meant to be having, you have smelled far more powerful subsrtances in your time. seems a little weird to find it in a sewer.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy shook his head as if to clear it from a cobweb he suddenly walked into.

"Your dragon was lured here, I think." He says.

He taps the side of his nose. "Draconic mating pheromones, strong ones, but artificial in origin and construction."

"If they were filtered out of the air and/or a neutralizing compound applied, the dragon could probably be shoo'ed back to it's home after a bit."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:47 pm Iggy shook his head as if to clear it from a cobweb he suddenly walked into.

"Your dragon was lured here, I think." He says.

He taps the side of his nose. "Draconic mating pheromones, strong ones, but artificial in origin and construction."

"If they were filtered out of the air and/or a neutralizing compound applied, the dragon could probably be shoo'ed back to it's home after a bit."
"I could probably reconfigure this mask as an area purifier. Its effectiveness would depend upon the source of the manufactured pheromones. If they are produced locally or in large quantities nearby, we may have to wash away the substance first. Otherwise it will simply diffuse out again."

Noticing the stares she is getting, she addresses them, "I am not here for my looks alone."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

At that moment A panicked man comes splashing into the area you are in, obviously panicked. "Nothing is working, NOTHING. Run for it. It's coming!!" He splashes past you in a state of terror. Behind it you hear a deep rumbling roar and heavy splashing...
@Elizabeth... the men don't seem to be concentrating on what you are saying very well. and some are starting to sidle a little closer.fortitude, will: 2#1d20+3 12 22 They barely acknowledge the cries of their panicked companion, although Hollamby appears to be making some effort to react.
Barely able to take his eyes off you he hisses, "Men, we must protect my..the lady." They fumble for weapons and equipment as they struggle to be the one directly in front of you. "I'll save you" "No I will," "I saw her first" "Let me save you" "She wants me I tell you.""NO me.." etc etc
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy stands his ground, powering up his force field. Immediately the negative-grav buoyancy decreases the weight of his gear.
knowledge biology: 1d20+7 17 for the question: if we purge the synthetic pheromomes from the air, how long until the swamp dragon either becomes docile or loses interest on it's own?
He immediately gets out the tangle globes and shakes to mix the chemicals inside of them to start the catalyzation process.
Active-Standard for the force field, Activate-Move for the globes.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:54 am At that moment A panicked man comes splashing into the area you are in, obviously panicked. "Nothing is working, NOTHING. Run for it. It's coming!!" He splashes past you in a state of terror. Behind it you hear a deep rumbling roar and heavy splashing...
@Elizabeth... the men don't seem to be concentrating on what you are saying very well. and some are starting to sidle a little closer.fortitude, will: 2#1d20+3 12 22 They barely acknowledge the cries of their panicked companion, although Hollamby appears to be making some effort to react.
Barely able to take his eyes off you he hisses, "Men, we must protect my..the lady." They fumble for weapons and equipment as they struggle to be the one directly in front of you. "I'll save you" "No I will," "I saw her first" "Let me save you" "She wants me I tell you.""NO me.." etc etc
"Oh my lord. These pheromones are clearly not specific to any one species." Elizabeth quickly reconfigured her PURSE to begin air purification mode.

[OOC: Air ionization Purifier: Immunity to Gas Attacks, Affects Others, Area-Burst]

"This should bring these men back to their wits. You may need to deal with the incoming dragon though Iggy. Try to delay it long enough to get these men back to their original state."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Slithering around the corner comes the swamp dragon. It's head is scraping the roof and it's body is strangely eel-like. A wave of filthy water surges ahead of it, attempting to knock you off your narrow slimy pathway.. DC 16 reflex save.
I would like everybody to make a reflex save. Elizabeth and Iggy, if you fail could you make a concentration check for me as you attempt to reconfigure your equipment. Elizabeth you are at +2 thanks to the wall of bodies in front of you..
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy was not expecting the onrushing deluge and the diminutive goblin was struck by the noisome wave.
Ref: 1d20+6 12
His fingers knew their business and the Aerial naval training kept him on task through the potential distraction.
Concentration: 1d20+9 26
Acknowledging Elizabeth's request with a splutter Iggy rises into the air to make him on par with the dragon's head. "Here, ye Beastie!" He didn't recall the shape or nature of the creature's breath attack (if it had one), but maybe his elevated position would keep those behind him safe if he had the creature's sole attention.

He unleashes the prepped sticky orbs, hopefully before the dragon could close to bring claws or jaws to bear.
Tangle glue, Touch-range, Area-shapeable, Reflex DC15, or entangled and anchored, fail by 5 or more and bound