Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC}

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:54 pm Iggy inclined his head toward the female human. "We are all mad here, Alice." he quoted, stopping his progress toward the window when he sees others are headed toward the door and picking up their badges on the way. He takes his and sniffs it curiously before putting it away.

"Alice, is that your name?" he asks, catching up to the woman.
"Elizabeth. Please keep up."
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Short legs! Don't be racially insensitive." Iggy retorts as they head to the street.
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:31 pm "Short legs! Don't be racially insensitive." Iggy retorts as they head to the street.
"That wasn't a comment on your stature. It was a comment on your forgetting my name. Though now that you mention it, reaching objects in high places must not be your strong suit."
pathfinderq1 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:32 pm Hob Henderson
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

The massive orc had remained impassive for the first part of the discussion, but his face displayed just the tiniest hint of a smile as Sir Reginald shook his hand. "Of course, Sir," he said quietly- though his voice was deep enough that it was felt as much as heard. He gave a nod to each of the others in turn, starting with the lady.

"You may as well be calling me Hob, then, if any of you are in need of anything. I shall meet you out front at the carriage in a few moments- if you have any luggage or equipment just get it down to the curb and I will load it aboard for you." Then, with another nod to each of the recruits (and a deeper bow to Sir Reginald, he turned towards the door...
"Everything I need is already on my person or in the carriage. I will keep you in mind however should I need something."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Where are you all going as a team?
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

nowhereman2 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:57 am "That wasn't a comment on your stature. It was a comment on your forgetting my name. Though now that you mention it, reaching objects in high places must not be your strong suit."
Iggy purses his lips.

"
"How long has it been since the ship made ground? Has it been explored yet?"

"You didn't answer my question. Has anyone been aboard yet? I want to know the likelyhood we might run into something unsavory."

"I am not at all sure of where you are getting those numbers. How prevalent do you think blindness is?"

"Brilliant you may be, but I suspect you are also mad."

"Sanity is for the meek."
"

He quotes everything she'd said since he first met her. Showcasing a photographic memory.

"You never said name." Iggy concludes with a satisfied nod.

"And as for reaching high things..." he fiddles with a dial on his belt and after a few seconds a building hum resolves into a slightly shimmery field around the goblin and he rises into the air at a decent rate. He's past the height of the manor in moments and climbs to a great height and is landing again in less than two minutes.

"High things." he says, cutting his field off.
[Many double moves at flight 1 is a great distance.]
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

OOC... I guess you can ask those questions when you reach the dockyards.

IC-Your carriage pulls up outside the wrought iron gates of HRM Salvage Yard near the mouth of the Thames. They are open and a steady stream of workers are moving in and out. There are a couple of naval guards, armed with cutlasses and Martini-henry's with bayonets manning the barrier arm. They watch your carriage approach with curiousity.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy, in a rare showing of wisdom, lets someone else address the guards.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

As you were leaving Sir Reginald takes Merriweather aside and in a quiet voice says, "these others are all upstanding fine people. They may not necessarily have the experience to deal with people who are not, unlike yourself. However we have to operate undee the guise of a moral code IF we can. As for your other questions, The Narwhal was left as found. Your answers will be on board." He looks you directly in the eye." Do we have an understanding? "
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:42 am
nowhereman2 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:57 am "That wasn't a comment on your stature. It was a comment on your forgetting my name. Though now that you mention it, reaching objects in high places must not be your strong suit."
Iggy purses his lips.

"
"How long has it been since the ship made ground? Has it been explored yet?"

"You didn't answer my question. Has anyone been aboard yet? I want to know the likelyhood we might run into something unsavory."

"I am not at all sure of where you are getting those numbers. How prevalent do you think blindness is?"

"Brilliant you may be, but I suspect you are also mad."

"Sanity is for the meek."
"

He quotes everything she'd said since he first met her. Showcasing a photographic memory.

"You never said name." Iggy concludes with a satisfied nod.

"And as for reaching high things..." he fiddles with a dial on his belt and after a few seconds a building hum resolves into a slightly shimmery field around the goblin and he rises into the air at a decent rate. He's past the height of the manor in moments and climbs to a great height and is landing again in less than two minutes.

"High things." he says, cutting his field off.
[Many double moves at flight 1 is a great distance.]
"Ah... My mistake. My name is Elizabeth Renwold then. That memory trick could come in handy."
Poodle wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:06 am OOC... I guess you can ask those questions when you reach the dockyards.

IC-Your carriage pulls up outside the wrought iron gates of HRM Salvage Yard near the mouth of the Thames. They are open and a steady stream of workers are moving in and out. There are a couple of naval guards, armed with cutlasses and Martini-henry's with bayonets manning the barrier arm. They watch your carriage approach with curiousity.
Elizabeth looked around the dockyards for a moment, taking in the distinctive scent of the sea. The breeze was filled with fish and salt. Noticing the guards, she walked up to one of them. "Whom do I speak to that can assist me in a matter of the crown?" She revealed her badge. "I believe we have a ship in need of searching. Tell me, has anyone been aboard it since it was towed?"
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The guards have a close look at the badge and have a quick whispered conversation.
One of them runs off...
A short while later an officer is seen heading towards the gate, discretely buttoning up his tunic accompanied by tbe other guard.. Upon seeing you he stops and gives a puzzled look to his troops. "You said there was an officer of the crown here. Well, which one is he? Excuse me young lady, I will attend you shortly."
The guard meanwhile is trying to discretely point at Lady Elizabeth.
Eventually the penny drops and an array of emotions flicker across the officer's face before it settles on a somewhat strained smile of welcome.
" My apologies, madam. I believe my men misinformed me about the nature of my visitor. Charmed I'm sure. First Officer Pilkington-Smythe of the Hampshire Pilkington-Smythes at your disposal. How may I assist you?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Hob Henderson
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal (Looming)

When the orc had joined the rest of the group outside Sir Reginalds's house, he had changed his clothes from those of a proper indoor servant to more durable garments. He wore a plain work-shirt of white broadcloth under a plain wool workman's jacket, and a suitably large bowler hat was perched atop his head. In one hand he carried a simple satchel, of the sort in which a tradesman might carry his tools- to scale it looked rather small- but when he lashed it to the carriage one could see that their goblin companion could probably fit inside...

After assisting the team with boarding the carriage (and stowing their luggage, if it was needed, Hob climbed up on the back of the vehicle (or on the driver's bench, if he needed to drive the coach himself)- he was clearly much to large to fit easily into the passenger compartment.

Once they had arrived at the docks, he took a moment to get down from wherever he had been riding on the coach and moved to stand behind the Lady. He kept his facial expression carefully blank, and stayed a tactful step behind her- it would do to threaten her, or those to whom she was speaking, but it WAS a reminder that he was present, and he had been directed to be of assistance...
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:41 am The guards have a close look at the badge and have a quick whispered conversation.
One of them runs off...
A short while later an officer is seen heading towards the gate, discretely buttoning up his tunic accompanied by tbe other guard.. Upon seeing you he stops and gives a puzzled look to his troops. "You said there was an officer of the crown here. Well, which one is he? Excuse me young lady, I will attend you shortly."
The guard meanwhile is trying to discretely point at Lady Elizabeth.
Eventually the penny drops and an array of emotions flicker across the officer's face before it settles on a somewhat strained smile of welcome.
" My apologies, madam. I believe my men misinformed me about the nature of my visitor. Charmed I'm sure. First Officer Pilkington-Smythe of the Hampshire Pilkington-Smythes at your disposal. How may I assist you?"
Brushing off the slight like dust, Elizabeth begins introductions. "My name is Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwold. My compatriots and I are here on order of the crown. We have been informed of a ship in dock whose crew is... no longer with us. We are meant to investigate the incident and ensure that the danger is dealt with appropriately. What can you tell me about the ship. Specifically, has anyone been aboard? Have we determined the cause? Finally, are we certain that whatever caused the trouble is not still on the ship or in this shipping yard?" Elizabeth made sure to speak with proper deference when possible, but not too much.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

nowhereman2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:14 am "Ah... My mistake. My name is Elizabeth Renwold then. That memory trick could come in handy."

Iggy tried not to dwell on the fact that he had just showcased an invention that could revolutionize personal protection and transportation in the modern age based on experimental and largely theoretical magno-voltaic principles to literally touch the freakin' heavens... and she was focused on the 'memory trick'.

Still, he kept quiet as she dealt with the human guardsmen. He looked at the two others, the giant orc manservant of some kind and the dapper gent. He goes over to tug on the man's pant leg. "Scuse me, Manchester Merriweather. Do you prefer 'Manny', 'Chester', 'Merry', or, most unlikely, 'Weather'. I will require a shortened name, for example, if I have to tell you to run very fast from something about to explode. Just in case." he asks matter-of-factly.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The officer nods, blithely ignoring Elizabeth's questions, . "ah, you er chaps are here about the Narwhale. We had pretty strict instructions about keeping it untouched until the boffins turned up to examine it. I suppose we can let you on board if you promise not to touch anything until they come. Don't worry, we had a runner telling us they were on tbe way. They should be here soon. This way. " He leads you through tbe shipyards to a warehouse. 2 more guards are stationed outside. They spring to attention at the sight of the officer. He leads you through a human sized door. Once inside, you fealise that it is a covered drydock with a battered ship in it. Around tbe ship tall candles burn and strange symbols are painted on the walls.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:41 am The officer nods, blithely ignoring Elizabeth's questions, . "ah, you er chaps are here about the Narwhale. We had pretty strict instructions about keeping it untouched until the boffins turned up to examine it. I suppose we can let you on board if you promise not to touch anything until they come. Don't worry, we had a runner telling us they were on tbe way. They should be here soon. This way. " He leads you through tbe shipyards to a warehouse. 2 more guards are stationed outside. They spring to attention at the sight of the officer. He leads you through a human sized door. Once inside, you fealise that it is a covered drydock with a battered ship in it. Around tbe ship tall candles burn and strange symbols are painted on the walls.
"We are the boffins." Elizabeth said. She went to the ship and unloaded her clockwork armor. It took a minute, but she fastened it to herself and flipped a very small micro-lever. A series of ticking noises emanated from her suit as it tightened around her body. "We might need the strength of this suit." Looking at Iggy before fastening the helmet to her face, "Flight is impressive, but not quite enough to impress me."

[OOC: I am learning a lot of interesting English slang. Boffins apparently means scientist.]