Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC}

Post by Flynnarrel »

Clarifying questions: given that an herbivore's blunted teeth would look different than an omnivore's mixed teeth (some smaller sharpened teeth), which is this? I'd assume omnivore, but it's good to check.

Size of mouth? Roughly human sized or more like ogre?

Given the lack of blood, what is known about undead types? Vampire? Ghoul? Zombie? etc.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

there is blood... the bite is approximately twice the size of a wolf bite. There are pronounced incisors and a lack of smaller sharper teeth.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy relays this to his companions. He'll use his hand to indicate size of bite and height of attacker(s). He'll point out the gunshot but no blood. Maybe undead, maybe werewolf that could not be harmed by the mundane weapon.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

x
Last edited by Spectrum on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

OOC-would you guys prefer a whole seperate OOC thread if so I'll set one up. Spectrum as thrown a few critiques in there as well. Feel free to take this moment and add your own. I am trying to post regularly and was trying to go for a slightly more investigative vibe. If that is too slow (it is PbP) let me know. I am trying to shortcut boring unneccessary parts. In my own defence games that are just one fight after another tend to penalise characters who actually have skills IMHO. Anyway, let me have it.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

No problems from me- slower pace is fine, investigative focus/RP over fight/fight/fight is fine. Still not terribly confident in my 2E-fu.

Usually the 'Recruiting' thread gets turned into an OOC thread once the recruitment is done and the game starts. Since you started the trhead, you should be able to edit the thread title to add the OOC tag.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Use This for OOC.

Spectrum, I tried to engage you in RP.

2E is not significantly different than 3E and many conversion documents and guides exist.

Poodle, with the loss of the only human male please relax your world's prejudice, at least against an upper-crust human female.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: I am ok with being hated for being female. It makes her more badass when she inevitably wins... I hope.]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

GM-
Summary so far.
You have been hired to solve the mystery of the crew of a ship getting killed while at sea. Currently you are in a large warehouse type building with a ramp and a drydock in it. In the drydock is a small vessel, "The narwhale". The warehouse has the tools of the boat-builders craft on benches against the wall, including a large pot of tar for caulking the hull you assume and bales of rough hemp rope. Until very recently the boat was protected by a ward that you believe was for warding the effects of time. There are ritual markings around the boat including some language you believe might be latin. There is light coming in through high, but dirty windows, that are barred. Although it is a little gloomy in here you can still see perfectly well. The Officer and his men have stepped outside the building and are guarding the building from curious visitors. The only ways in are through the door and up the ramp that the boat gets pulled up, although there is a portcullis stopping entry from anything larger than a small cat.

On the deck are two bodies with their throats torn out. One has a blunderbuss in his hands and you can see the marks on the deck where it's load of shot hit. There is staining from blood around the bodies that was probably washed off when the boat was brought back to port. The figure with the blunderbuss is slightly better dressed than the other who is dressed as a common sailor.

Iggy has confirmed the bite was not made by a carnivore and is bigger than a wolf bite. Elizabeth has confirmed there are 8 bodies in total on the ship.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Elizabeth looks around the ship to see if there is a way below deck.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

In the middle of the deck is a large cargo hatch that leads into the hold, with a hatch cover currently closed. In the small cabin at the back of the ship there is another small hatch that you presume also leads below deck.
Last edited by Poodle on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poodle

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Poodle »

Last edited by Poodle on Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Hob Henderson
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Hob shook his head a bit at the details the clever little goblin had noted. Times like these he certainly missed Sir Reginald's keen mind- but the goblin was sharp. Still, needs must, as they say- and perhaps there were more details that might make things a bit more clear.

After a moment of thought, he noticed that Elizabeth had started moving and he shifted to follow. "If I may say, the cabin is a more likely route- if we open the hatch, we would still have to find a way down into the hold." with that said, he trundled over towards the cabin, testing the door to see if it was locked.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

No the door opens easily (possibly whether it was locked or not :P) Steps go down into a small galley area with benches around it. At the far end is another hatch and a ladder leading further down. In here is another body, slumped down in one of the chairs. There are the remains of some partially eaten salt beef in front of him.
At this point Hob is at the door looking into the cabin with Lady Elizabeth nearby. Iggy is examining the corpses with Manchester looking on with interest.
Manchester points out "that isn't a vampire attack. There is too much blood left. Apart from the more bestial types it is also too messy. It doesn't look like a werewolf or sahuagin bite either. Besides, since the Dunwich Treaties the deep ones have left coastal vessels alone. I would say he died, unsurprisingly, from asphyxiation following getting his trachea ripped open and his carotid arteries being severed."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy

"You... both impress and incite concern with such clinical knowledge of macabre things. I like it." Iggy grins a lop-sided, toothy grin. "Any idea where this thing went? It was not trapped by Time Pause spell. Did it escape to London? For that matter, was it trying to go IN to the ship or coming OUT?" Iggy examines to see if he can answer his own question and any other clues that might be available.
Investigate: 1d20+9 22