Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Poodle »

So when you summon it, it jumps or runs to you?
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:39 am
So when you summon it, it jumps or runs to you?
My assumption has been that it would come to me by using the most direct method of movement.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Cool...
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Poodle wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:00 am There is a large crash from thel uggage compartment of tbe carriage behind you, wooden panels splinter as a large metal form crashes through. Everybody else is somewhat taken aback.
what is the propulsion system for it's flight, considering it is largely clockwork?
Not having seen this yet, Iggy was quick to discern what was going on. He'll look to Elizabeth a moment, an unreadable question there, before turning back to the ruffian. "As I said, we'll be proceeding to the boat." he says before taking Elizabeth by the arm as if strolling through the park on Sunday, leaving the metal automaton to keep up.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

One of the ruffians at the back shouts to his colleague "ooh, 'er ladyship and her little shitshuffler think they are too good fer you. You gonna let her treat you like that?"
The young man who had invited you to check out his "infernal machine" looks back at the man, gives him a nod and swaggers up to you. "I think you owe me an apology fer bein' so rude, 'specially when I was going out me way ta be helpful." He is holding his walking stick casually.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy pulls a vial, shakes the contents and splashes some on the casually held cane.
Corrosive attack: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19

Fort/Toughness DC18 Weaken Toughness, Toughness DC23 Damage, acid description
As the cane veritably dissolves Iggy casually remarks "Don't let someone else's mouth get you killed, boy. I can do that to your 'infernal engine' as well if you keep on like this."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The 'boy' looks at his dissolving cane aghast and gulps nervously, looking somewhat less confident.
The older rogue gives you a little smirk. "leave 'em be. Let the peelers deal with them. That goblin just attacked us for no reason with some sort of chemical. Tsk tsk."

The others stand back too, giving a little bow.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:42 am The 'boy' looks at his dissolving cane aghast and gulps nervously, looking somewhat less confident.
The older rogue gives you a little smirk. "leave 'em be. Let the peelers deal with them. That goblin just attacked us for no reason with some sort of chemical. Tsk tsk."

The others stand back too, giving a little bow.
Having her new modification to her suit's piloting system fail, Elizabeth looked back toward her mechanical suit.

[OOC: Assuming the suit is undamaged, she will don the suit prior to continuing, because literally everything about this says battle.]
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Oh please, with how ugly that cane was, I was doing you a favor. If I was going to attack you, you'd know it - my face gets more scowly like; it's in the eyebrows mostly. But thank you for not hindering us further with crude posturing. Good Day." Iggy says continuing to stride toward the boat.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Poodle wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:06 pm Having tinkered, concocted, laundered, bathed (optional), you head off to the berth of the ship in question. As your carriage gets closer you can see that it is a large private wharf with several ships docked. The gates are shut and there is a hobgoblin-like creature, a human and an elf obviously guarding it.
Meanwhile the hoodlums are watching you get into your battle suit. They seem less worried than you might expect.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:36 am
Poodle wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:06 pm Having tinkered, concocted, laundered, bathed (optional), you head off to the berth of the ship in question. As your carriage gets closer you can see that it is a large private wharf with several ships docked. The gates are shut and there is a hobgoblin-like creature, a human and an elf obviously guarding it.
Meanwhile the hoodlums are watching you get into your battle suit. They seem less worried than you might expect.
Elizabeth caught back up with her compatriot. "So... they are definitely expecting us. Those hoodlums were instructed to scare us off. Reacting the way we did likely gave away the fact that we are quite a bit more than we pretended to be. I have to be honest though, they were not worried. That makes me a bit more nervous." Elizabeth began fiddling with her PURSE as she finished her sentence, converting her device to begin detecting magical sources. [Reconfigure: Detect magic, ranged, acute 2, analytical 2, accurate 2, Extended 2]

[Investigation check Magical sources from ship: 15 (-1 per 1000 feet)]
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Elizabeth.. there is the obvious essence of powerful infernal magic from the larger ship. The smaller sailing ship has elemental magic woven into the hull and sails. There is a wisp of some form of another sort of magic from within the sailing ship. It is a strange blend of shamanic and hermetic from your fleeting glimpse.
Perhaps of more concern is that the gate and fence of the shipyard all have sorcery woven into them and the elf and the hobgoblin like creature radiate magic. The elf's magic is mostly constructed and tastes of fey and with a hint of innate. The hobgoblin reeks of dark magic, you feel as if someone poured congealing blood over your skin. It is also mostly innate in feel.
The hoodlums appear to have a few small magics around them, talismans, watches and fetishes perhaps...
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:32 am @Elizabeth.. there is the obvious essence of powerful infernal magic from the larger ship. The smaller sailing ship has elemental magic woven into the hull and sails. There is a wisp of some form of another sort of magic from within the sailing ship. It is a strange blend of shamanic and hermetic from your fleeting glimpse.
Perhaps of more concern is that the gate and fence of the shipyard all have sorcery woven into them and the elf and the hobgoblin like creature radiate magic. The elf's magic is mostly constructed and tastes of fey and with a hint of innate. The hobgoblin reeks of dark magic, you feel as if someone poured congealing blood over your skin. It is also mostly innate in feel.
The hoodlums appear to have a few small magics around them, talismans, watches and fetishes perhaps...
Elizabeth shuddered slightly at the feeling of the foul presence. "Those two ahead of us have magical defenses or something. The hobgoblin in particular seems found of the dark stuff. That gate has also been ensorceled. Not clear how, but I am sure whatever it is, it is intended to keep prying eyes out."

"I have an idea to help us, it isn't perfect, but it is the best I can do." Elizabeth began pressing a few switches on her PURSE. It shifted in response forming a destructive thaumaturgical wave generator around herself. [Reconfiguration, immunity to damage with magic descriptor (5 ranks) with partial (half effect) and area (30 ft), affects others]

The field surrounded the two of them. They wouldn't protect against much, but if even half of a fireball could be stopped, that would be useful.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

ok.... What now?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Elizabeth fiddled with her handbag but Iggy didn't feel any different. "Forward then?" he confirms.